PDA

View Full Version : Which actor/actress would play your cat if...

AmberLee
06-29-2001, 12:40 PM
If your cat were to be portrayed on-screen by a human actor/actress, who would that actor/actress be? (Oh, the bagatelles I waste my time on!)

Cassy (Perspicacity Purrsonality) would best be portrayed by Bruce Willis, athough he has certain moods that Joe Pesci would do even better at…

The Lady Olivia d'Flufferuni, in her elegant mode, would be well expressed by Audrey Hepburn; Candace Bergin could express her playful side quite well. (Although C.B. charging around my dining room table and bumping the wall staggers my imagination...)

Sassy (Sassafras Root) would have been more the Mel Gibson type. (Particularly in the character he played in "Tim".) Although Tom Hanks would also do a great job playing him.

Who would best express your cats?

[ June 29, 2001: Message edited by: AmberLee ]

[ June 29, 2001: Message edited by: AmberLee ]

Cougie Wechsler
06-29-2001, 12:53 PM
What a fun topic!!!

Fester would definately be played by Russel Crowe. He would exhibit the confident behavior that was seen in Gladiator...

Cougie would be played by Ben Stiller

Maximus would be played by Jackie Chan as he is so athletic and crazy!

wolflady
06-29-2001, 07:13 PM
Spencer, LOL LOL :D Great phrase!!

I would have to say that Marius would be played by Adam Sandler because he's so goofy, and Scooter would be played by Danny Devito! HA! :D

Pam
06-29-2001, 07:55 PM
Well Trevor definitely reminds me of the late Jackie Gleason, particularly with his "roly poly" figure. Andy of course would be Art Carney (he is my silly cat). The two of them together make a great Ralph Kramden/Ed Norton team. :D :D :D

Gina
06-29-2001, 10:53 PM
:D I just love this question! We were only talking about the characters our cats represent. Alot came form the music end of things! So in order of our cats ages:

Puca= Madonna ( she just won't take any crap!)
Juju= Barbara Striesand (she hides herself away since reaching adulthood!)
Willow= Susan Sarandon(she's got a soft attraction, but she can be strong willed too!)
Pearl= Miss Marple or Meg Ryan (a cute little lady)
Candi= Goldie Hawn or Bette Midler(fun, fun, fun...with a little cattiness thrown in!)
Harry= Barry White (he's got that easy going way about him!)
Rufus= Eddie Murphy( he never shuts up, and he's loud with it!)
Merlin= Jon Bon Jovi ( he's georgeously huggable and is very determined!)

This is Harry! "The Walrus of love!"
http://pets.burnerkitty.com/3156/harryboy.jpg

[ June 29, 2001: Message edited by: Gina ]
:( Why won't my picture show?

[ June 29, 2001: Message edited by: Gina ]

4 feline house
06-29-2001, 11:19 PM
Gina-I don't think Burnerkitty lets you share their pictures.

annibale16
06-30-2001, 07:20 PM
My Maddie would be Elizabeth Taylor. Jazzie would be Hallie Berry and we named the new cat after Charie Chaplin,but he is dead so I guess whoever played him in that movie about his life.
The three kittens would be : Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen and Jonathan Taylor Thomas.

AmberLee
07-02-2001, 01:39 PM
Heh heh heh! Marvelous. I'm very curious about who would play Bucky Katt and Spencer, though.

catwoman
07-02-2001, 01:49 PM
For my cats, the choices are obvious ... Gina Davis would play Thelma, and Susan Sarandon would play Weezie (Louise.)

:D

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: catwoman ]

catwoman
07-02-2001, 01:53 PM
That would be Robert Downey, Jr. (Probably not a good idea, based on recent developments.)

Originally posted by annibale16:
<STRONG>My Maddie would be Elizabeth Taylor. Jazzie would be Hallie Berry and we named the new cat after Charie Chaplin,but he is dead so I guess whoever played him in that movie about his life.
The three kittens would be : Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen and Jonathan Taylor Thomas.</STRONG>

;) ;)

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: catwoman ]

thelmalu99
07-02-2001, 04:00 PM
Hmmm...To play Charlie I would pick someone like Gary Sinise, because he's kind of shy and sensitive, but with a definite quirky side to him. ;)

AmberLee
07-03-2001, 05:53 PM
Oh! Gary Sinise ... Great idea. I feel like I've got a whole new insight to Charlie now.

And Catwoman's recasting of Thelma and Louise sounds like her home life gets interesting regularly. :D

Thanks all!

4 feline house
07-03-2001, 11:14 PM
I thought this would be a real fun topic, but I'm at a disadvantage because I rarely go to movies and don't watch much "fiction" TV, and even if I know an actor I may not know their name. So maybe y'all can help me -

Big is large, fat, and goofy, with a perpectual "whaaat?" expression on his face.

Cookie is chubby, sweet, laid back, soft spoken, and really cute.

Pepper is ugly (but we still love her) and what my son calls "needy" - always wanting to be in your lap, or better - in your face!

Peaches is very affectionate but independent, and often has a determined look on her face when she's walking through the house checking things out. She's very territorial and keeps the neighbor cats off her patio. She's a single mom, too.

Maybe y'all can suggest who might play my kitties in our Pettalk movie?

Pam
07-04-2001, 02:59 PM
Leah...How about the late Chris Farley for Big? :D :D

4 feline house
07-04-2001, 09:56 PM
Pam, it's so funny you suggested that! Not too long after I posted for help, I was telling my son about this post and how I had remembered someone who could play Biggie. At the same time we both said "Chris Farley"! :D

Logan
07-04-2001, 11:02 PM
It's funny that you approached it that way, Leah. I have struggled with this one too, because I don't do the "movies" very often either. Helen is to young to see most of them with me!!!

But here goes:

Mimi: very aloof, but loving when she's ready. I'm thinking of Cleopatra..Elizabeth Taylor, maybe...Any suggestions.

Butter: You all know him! Aggressive, but interested. Maybe Clint Eastwood. Tough, but lovable.

I'd love it if you would make suggestions. But hopefully, I will know who you are talking about!!! LOL!!!

thelmalu99
07-05-2001, 10:54 AM
Okay, I have a few suggestions for Leah and Logan:

Peaches- Madonna? (Independent, single mom)

Cookie- I've got two...Either John Goodman or the guy from the TV show "The King of Queens", you know, the husband. I don't watch the show, but he's chubby, sweet and absolutely adorable.

Butter- How about Joe Pesci? I know Butter is a lot better looking, but...
:D :D

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: thelmalu99 ]

4 feline house
07-05-2001, 03:21 PM
Okay, me and my son aren't of a mind on this one, but I thought of Whoopi Goldberg for Pepper, because they are both in-your-face and they are both, well...not the most attractive faces you've ever seen :o !

Thalma - I had thought of John Goodman for Biggie, but he wasn't goofy enough - he would probably work for Cookie as long as her feelings didn't get hurt that a man was playing her! I don't think I've ever heard of "The King of Queens". Is it a current show? If so, when is it on? I'll take a look and check this person out.

I had thought of Madonna for Peaches, too, but I've only seen her in "A League of Their Own". But she probably could portray Peaches pretty well - feisty, independent, no-nonsense.

Thanks!

AmberLee
07-05-2001, 06:53 PM
Would John Candy have the splendid goofiness needed to play Biggie? (Or is it a moot point since he's died?) On the other hand, I've picked Audrey Hepburn to play Livvy, so being available to actually act isn't the main point, is it ...

Babble, babble, babble: It isn't like we're actually going to cast a movie with our sweet fur-kids. It would be hard to get a plot going what with required naptimes, kibble-nibbling, and bathtimes, wouldn't it?

Let's see, which genre?
Romantic comedy -- no, most of the kids are neutered/spayed, right?
Action-adventure -- well, great as long as they're awake...
Sci-fi -- Spencer's sketched out a plot or two here :D
Dramatic/art flic -- 16 hours of sleep a day cuts the dramatic intensity, don't you think?
Horror -- eww, no. I hate it when animals are hurt, and if animals were the perps it could get ugly too.
Musicals -- We're on to something here! My kids can't carry a tune in a bucket (they DID inherit something from me) but they're intrigued by music, yowl along with some even and Cassy thrums a mean mini-blind solo. (At dawn, darn it.)

What movie genre would best express your fur-kids?

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: AmberLee ]

4 feline house
07-05-2001, 08:43 PM
Aberlee, John Candy would also make a good Biggie. I guess it doesn't matter if they've passed since Jackie Gleason, Charlie Chaplin, Audrey Hepburn, and Chris Farley have all been nominated to play parts, including for Biggie....

Anybody got a Robert DeNiro type kitty so my favorite actor can be in this movie?

Logan
07-05-2001, 10:29 PM
I don't know, Thelmalu....I don't like Joe Pesci very much, and I'm just not sure he will do our Butter justice. Take another look at Butter, and think of his sometimes sweet/sometimes not so sweet attitude, and his wonderful handsome looks....I'm still leaning towards Clint Eastwood.
Here he is all relaxed and calm on the patio.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/025/pq/2B/u9/2T69370.jpg

And here he is a little busier. We don't have any pictures of him being destructive or chewing my hand up!
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/024/ld/XV/BH/2Z22187.jpg

Logan
07-06-2001, 07:11 AM
Chuck, that might be just the right one!!!! :D

thelmalu99
07-06-2001, 02:23 PM
Oops! It didn't even occur to me that Cookie is a girl! That's what I get for not looking at my list. I hope she'll forgive the faux pas! :D

I really like Chuck's Jack Nicholson idea for Butter! I wish I had thought of it. :D :D

4 feline house
07-06-2001, 10:16 PM
Thelma, Cookie told me she does forgive your faux "paw"! She says she's seen John Goodman in a dress playing Linda Tripp on Saturday Night Live, so she figured he could play her, too. :D

[ July 06, 2001: Message edited by: 4 feline house ]

4 feline house
07-08-2001, 01:00 AM
I got it! Cookie would be perfectly played by Shirley Temple! They're both round, playful and incredibley cute. And Peaches can be played by Bonnie Franklin, the mom in the old sitcom "One Day at a Time". They both are tough and no-nonsense when they have to be, but still good loving single moms to their kids. So, here's my cast:

Peaches.......Bonnie Franklin
Big Mac.......Chris Farley
Cookie........Shirley Temple
Pepper........Whoopi Goldberg

weeze
07-10-2001, 08:23 AM
Tiger would be played by Madonna and Minnie would be Rosie O'Donnell

AmberLee
07-10-2001, 08:37 PM
:D

Great! Has anyone noticed how often we've picked Madonna and Elizabeth Taylor to play our cats? It seems like there is a feline characters in their public persona that's new to me. Does anyone know if either of these women are cat fanciers in real life?

Just nosy.

P.S. Did you notice that this subject was picked up on the Dog board? It usually seems like we are following their lead, but not this time.

Pat
07-13-2001, 10:09 AM
What a great question... I just love this one... lol :D lol
Simon would definitely be played by Pierce Brosnan (as a second James Bond :cool: )
Kelly by Elizabeth Taylor :cool:

Pat
07-13-2001, 10:28 AM
Spencer, that's right, it will be on sometime mid or end July. Will definitely watch it. Thanks :)

Pat
07-13-2001, 10:33 AM
p.s. yes, of course I voted for the cats :D
The cats are now at 54,7 and the dogs at 45,3... ;)

Catcrazed
07-13-2001, 03:05 PM
It's hard for me to say with my cats, maybe y'all could help me out.

Kitling-My easygoing sweetie who is EVERYBODY's friend. He is such a schmoozer!
Young and clean-cut.

George- The friendly but not overwhelming grey and white middle-aged longhair.

B.A.- Aloof and never ruffled. 007 of the kitty world. Quite dignified. (It's funny to make him do something silly, and watch him get that "I-meant-to-do-that" look on his face)

goody2shoes
07-19-2001, 12:42 PM
I would have to say that nikki would be played by Drew Barrymore, because snappy, but she mostly always playful!

goody2shoes
07-19-2001, 12:42 PM
I would have to say that nikki would be played by Drew Barrymore, because snappy, but she mostly always playful!

Meow101
07-24-2001, 01:52 PM
Hmmm... Boogie would be eitther Jackie Chan or.. who's that guy that plays in You've Got Mail?? I forgot his name! :( Anyone know who I'm talking about?
~Mary

AmberLee
07-24-2001, 04:19 PM
Tom Hanks played the lead in "You've got mail". Or did you have one of the other actors in mind?