PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and pics of my two girls

animallover04
07-05-2004, 09:23 AM
HI,

I am new here and just wanted to introduce you to my two 12 week old girls Daisy and Rose who are sisters that I adopted two weeks ago from a shelter. They are both FIV+ and thus indoor kittens that nobody else wanted so I adopted them. The vet told me that there isn't any reason whay they both shouldn't live 15-20 years. They are as healthy as can be and a joy to have and love each other very much. I can't believe that the first shelter that had them was going to put them to sleep because they are FIV+ :mad: :mad:. Good thing PACT took them off there hands. Here are a couple of photos of them:

This is Daisy

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v258/jaw62901/IMGP0715.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v258/jaw62901/IMGP0761.jpg

This is Rose

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v258/jaw62901/IMGP0726.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v258/jaw62901/IMGP0762.jpg

Daisy and Rose together after a long day

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v258/jaw62901/IMGP0787.jpg

Karen
07-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Awww! Love the snuggling together picture. Thank you for taking these "unwanted" kittens! They sure are cuties!

sirrahbed
07-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Daisy & Rose are as cute as can be. I am so happy you were willing to give your home to these two positive girls who may well have long and happy lives with you!! Blessings:) It makes me happy to see them and that they are togther in a loving home.

Laura's Babies
07-05-2004, 09:43 AM
I think you were a angel sent to bring those babies home, the lost, the unwanted, the ones everybody else wanted to throw away. There is NO reason to PTS when they test positive because there are people out there who want them anyway. Thank you for giving these babies a chance!! It is not their fault that have that and they are just as deserving of a good home as any other baby!!

animallover04
07-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Laura's Babies,

I agree. From what I have been told, they will likely live a very long life and why shouldn't these two cuties get a chance to have a nice life in a good home. Atleast now they don't have to worry about other animals attacking them.

rosethecopycat
07-05-2004, 10:33 AM
There's a place for everybody. Just have to find where you fit in.

Happy, healthy lives to your new babies.

:)

CatMama78
07-05-2004, 10:52 AM
thanks so much for rescuing these sweeties! What a good meowmie :)

animallover04
07-05-2004, 10:58 AM
CatMama78

Now that I have them, they have brought a little something extra to my life. Not that it was all that bad before because it wasn't, but they just make a good day great.

rg_girlca
07-05-2004, 12:25 PM
I don't think I welcomed you to PT, so a big hearty WELCOME to you and your adorable girls, Daisy and Rose.

Bless you for rescuing these precious girls and giving them a loving, forever home.:)

I also agree when you say that they have brought a little something extra to your life. Having animals since I can remember, I think my life would be empty without them.

Equus217
07-05-2004, 12:31 PM
:D :D :D
Hello!! Welcome to PT!! I am pretty new here too, but I love it and I am sure you will too! Your new babies are beautiful!! Thank you for rescuing them and giving them both a loving home!! I have two little girls I rescued as well that are the same age as yours.....and they do make a good day even better!! I saw the little shiny "crinkle ball" in one of the pictures you posted.....my girls are obsessed with that thing...are yours??

animallover04
07-05-2004, 12:38 PM
Equus217

They have a green and gold one and a violet and gold one and they are currently playing with them now and love them. I saw these and they were cheap so I figured why not. Between those the ping pong balls and the tinsil pom things zooming by, I have to watch for rolling objects all of the time.

jazzcat
07-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Hi and Welcome to PT!!!

Daisy and Rose are adorable! I don't know much about Feline HIV but I am very happy to hear they can live long lives. You are wonderful to take them when I'm sure so many would never even consider adopting them. Bless you!

I look forward to seeing and hearing more about them!

I have three cats and a dog as you can see in my signature below.

animallover04
07-05-2004, 12:55 PM
jazzcat

Feline HIV only means that the kittens has a lower immune system then normal kittens and that is why they need to stay inside. Also since they have a lower immune system, at the first sign of an illness it is very important to take them into a vet right away to get checked out.

I live in a condo on the second floor, so taking them out or letting them out isn't an issue.

Fox-Gal
07-05-2004, 06:26 PM
Welcome to PT. You guys are so cute and what a great gift you have giving them by taking them in.

My Step-Grandmother has two cats with Feline HIV. Morris lived to be 14 and Tom lived to be 18, so expect long happy cat filled days ahead. :D

animallover04
07-05-2004, 06:33 PM
Each day Daisy and Rose do something that makes me laugh and think how glad I am that I adopted them. The nice thing is since they came from the same litter, they love each other and I don't have to worry and wonder if they are going to get along.

Grace
07-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Jason - your girls are darling. Thanks for all the pictures. And you are a very special person.

animallover04
07-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Grace,

I wouldn't say that. I am just an animal lover that saw two cute young kittens that wanted a home that nobody else was will to give them.

catmandu
07-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk,and may The Lord keep you,and Those Precious Baby Cats!

Uabassoon
07-06-2004, 11:07 AM
They are both so cute! It's also so wonderful of you to bring in these two special kitties into your home :)

catlover4ever
07-06-2004, 12:11 PM
First off...Welcome to Pet Talk...second thank you for taking in those two beauties. I look forward to seeing more pictures of Rose and Daisy....they are just sooooo adorable. I would really love to cuddle in with Rose and Daisy after a long day...do you think they would mind some company?? ;) --- Meg

kimlovescats
07-06-2004, 12:24 PM
I saw your other post with pics of them before I saw this one.
Welcome to Pet Talk, and yes ... you are an angel for these two precious babies!!! Thank you so much for giving them a safe, and secure and happy home!

Please do keep us updated on these two little sweeties!

Kim:)