PDA

View Full Version : A Pregnant Calico

catmandu
07-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Has turned up, on my porch,and this is the firsttime,that she has not run away,sadly she is pretty big, and she will have her Kittens! I ahve called The Animal Welfare,and they are full up, and it looks,as though the Humane society,will get a Call. I though she belonged somewhere,but who,on Earth,would let an expecting Cat,Roam!

Laura's Babies
07-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Can't you take her in? You look like you have room (ha!ha!ha!ha!) I know you are a loving, caring person and she needs someplace to have those babies! That is why she showed up on your doorstep.

moosmom
07-05-2004, 11:31 AM
Catmandu,

Like Laura said, is there any way you can make room for her until after her babies are born and old enough to be placed? This way maybe by then some space at a shelter will become available.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Fox-Gal
07-05-2004, 02:10 PM
There has to be some other way then the Humane society. You do know that the Humane society will put her down sense she is pregnant. At least thats how it works around here, any pregnant animal that come in, is put to sleep right away. I'm assumeing that how it works with all Humane society, but I might be wrong.

If you can just hold on to her till after that babies are born, then if you have to, take them all in. At least that way, they might have a chance of getting a home, rather then death.