PDA

View Full Version : 3 miles!

Sirrahsim
07-05-2004, 07:41 AM
Three miles.... that's how far I power-walked tonight. My friend Stacy innocently asked me if I wanted to go for a walk with her tonight. I said yes because I figured she meant just a leisurely stroll through the neighborhood. Boy was I wrong. We walked very quickly around this side of the base 3 times. That's a total of THREE miles!! I am so sore. My legs are sore, my feet are sore, my arms are sore. Even my abs are sore! But ohhhhhh just think of all of the fat I burned tonight:) We're going to try to walk walk 3-6 miles on the two nights a week that I have off. It was crazy!! I sure will feel good when I stop hurting though!:):) I just hope I don't get shin splints from starting off with 3 miles!

catmandu
07-05-2004, 09:07 AM
That is a lot,of waliking, I do amile,a day,to lower the Blood SugarJJJ3 wants me to wlk by The treat store,and pick him,up some Temptations, Whiskas hat is!

Laura's Babies
07-05-2004, 09:10 AM
THREE MILES?? OUCH! You have to work your way up to that much, not just go do it!! Now you know why! I love walking..

Edwina's Secretary
07-05-2004, 12:12 PM
With power walking you should stretch first so that you have less soreness and to avoid things like shin splints.

Runners' stretches would be good....

Blustang24
07-05-2004, 12:36 PM
I need to walk and run more often....it always makes me feel better..I'm glad I'm not the only one. Sounds like you're having fun though. Just be sure to stretch before(like edwina said) AND after. That reduces the soreness, pain, and shin splints. :) Trust me on that one. hehehe

Uabassoon
07-05-2004, 04:00 PM
Here there is a park that I love to go walking at, but the problem is that the lap is 3 miles and there is no way to short cut it. So I rarely ever go walking because it's just too hot to walk 3 miles. Maybe I just need to find a new park.