PDA

View Full Version : Just leave them home

FizzGiggs_Mommy
07-05-2004, 07:02 AM
My family and I went to the township fireworks last night and I noticed a few dogs there last night:( Do these people not no that the loud bangs coud hurt there dogs ears or be frighting them some of the fire works that went off shook the ground:confused:
Why is it that people dont use common sence and just leave there pups at home :confused:

Kfamr
07-05-2004, 07:04 AM
I left my two at home, with the TV on. I don't normally leave the TV on but I figured it's drown out some of the noises if they were scared.:p

I couldn't imagine bringing them with us to watch fireworks.

Cookiebaker
07-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Actually, we took Malone with us the first year. He was 10 weeks old, and he had a blast! He has never been afraid of loud noises, or thunder or anything since then. He was so excited about people petting him, that I think it distracted him from being scared of the loud noises.

But if you know your dog is afraid of loud noises and crowds, then I would definitely leave them at home.

Last night, we saw a Cocker Spaniel, and he did awesome. The whole show, he just layed there alert, but not spooked or anything.

chrissycat21
07-05-2004, 05:05 PM
My dog is terriefied of loud noises! We left her home this year, but when I did get home she was hiding near the garage door where we come in from. :( I feel so bad for her!

-Chrissy, Snowy, and Taffy

Uabassoon
07-05-2004, 05:14 PM
I agree that it really does depend on the dog. But I know that most of them are terrified of the loud noise.

wolf_Q
07-05-2004, 05:18 PM
I brought Nebo last year and he was just fine. He just layed on the blanket and chewed his rawhide. The fireworks really didn't seem to bother him.

There's no way I'd ever bring Reggie because he's terrified of fireworks.

Not all dogs are scared of fireworks though...

micki76
07-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Chester isn't afraid of them at all, but Millie is pretty scared of them. Chester barks when he hears them outside, but only because he thinks it's a car door or something. ;)

Twisterdog
07-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Most of my dogs dislike fireworks. They're not really terrified, but they don't enjoy them by any means. They all stay in the house with the radio playing.

Generally speaking, more dogs are reported missing and lost to animal controls and shelters on July 5th than any other day of the year, because they panic upon hearing fireworks and bolt.

P.S. Hey, Micki, long time no see! Good to see you again.

anna_66
07-06-2004, 08:52 AM
Angus & Keisha always went with us to the fireworks and the loud noises never bothered them. IT was so fun when they would actually look at the lights in the sky. They really enjoyed themselves.

ramanth
07-06-2004, 12:47 PM
We've taken Kia out to fireworks displays and she'll just lay there and stare at the sky and beg for belly rubs. :)

bizdevguy
07-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Buddy gets soo scared during Fireworks, he tries to hide under the bed, but he's too big!

cali
07-06-2004, 02:14 PM
depends on the dog, just because some dogs are frightend of loud noises does not mean all are. trust me an INDOOR flyball tourny is FAR louder then any fireworks display lol my dogs are used to sleeping with 200 dogs barking in their ear so they really coul dnot care less about fireworks. I brought happy to a fireworks show before, she is my biggest chicken and she could not have cared less.

binka_nugget
07-06-2004, 03:50 PM
I brought Kaedyn last halloween. He did fine. He wasn't terrified but he wasn't exactly enjoying it either. I figured he was ready for the next step up in terms of being exposed to new things. And I think it really helped. He could care less about loud noises. He's not timid at all.

Pam
07-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Well I have experienced the whole gamut of emotions in my dogs. I had a toy poodle who would literally be sick to the point of vomiting after a night of fireworks (hope they don't have them at the RB) to my present Bella who just runs from window to window to see where the noise is coming from. I would certainly leave Ripley at home as he just barks every time he hears one being set off. He is my fearless one and totally in charge of himself and his surroundings. LOL! :rolleyes: