PDA

View Full Version : Are these foods(and ONLY these foods) good for all meals?....

DogLover9501
07-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Would ONLY these foods, be okay to eat for ALL meals??

Blueberries
Strawberries
Kiwi
Apples(Half)
Cucumber
Lettuce(raw)
Skim Milk
Water
Diet Soda
Peaches
Grapes
Pears
Dill Pickles
Watermelon
Carrots(raw)
Wheat Bread
Eggs(whites only)
Cantaloupe
Celery(raw)
English Muffins
Apple Sauce(unsweetened)
Bananas
Plums

:confused:

sirrahved
07-04-2004, 09:02 PM
Your body needs a certain amount of fat each day... and I don't see much of any on that list. So no, I wouldn't think so.

DogLover9501
07-04-2004, 09:03 PM
What if I just added something with some fat, 1-2 times a week?

sirrahved
07-04-2004, 09:25 PM
I think you're supposed to have at least 20 grams of fat a day to keep your reproductive cycle working and keeping your body working the best. I'm not an expert, though.

wolfie
07-04-2004, 09:26 PM
your body needs protein too (like in meat, nuts, ect) every day.

those foods also have fat in it that your body needs.

just out of curiosity, what is this for? :)

heinz57_79
07-04-2004, 09:44 PM
I'm a big believer of it's now what you eat but how much you eat. For the most part, anyway. It doesn't seem like you'd be getting much out of that menu. You'd be almost starving yourself. Are you laying off meat for a particular reason or do you think it's unhealthy? My gf and myself eat very little red meat, but tend to stick to chicken and seafood, seafood especially. You can have a very balanced meal with all types of food. (My ex was a nutritionalist, so I got to hear allll about it. hehe) Before I moved to the US, I was eating Asian foods, like stir-frys, all the time and I was in good shape. Chicken, white rice and veggies, basically. When I moved back here, my diet changed and I gained weight that I haven't been able to take off. Blah...

If you want to, PM me and I'll give you some idea for food and meals that I used to make for my gf when she was a vegetarian if you want to go that route. :)

NoahsMommy
07-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Go pick up an August Women's Fitness Magazine. It explains the utmost importance of good fats (fish, nuts, alvacado, etc) in your diet, how much your body REQUIRES to FUNCTION and where to get it. The norm is 35-40 grams of fat DAILY!

You need more protein and some sort of calcium...like dairy or veggies that contain that.

Eating like this may make you thin, but the health risks are totally not worth it. You can lose wieght on a much more balanced diet and not hurt your body. (Your body needs fat to survive: keep warm, absorb vitamines, have a period, develop sexual hormones, etc.)

Cookiebaker
07-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Out of curiosity, where did you get this food list from??

As others have said, this list does not seem to include some really important things such as protein (beans, cottage cheese, tuna, chicken, peanut butter) If you are looking for a healthy diet, it might be best to either find a book on nutrition at the library, or get in touch with a nutritionist. Also talk to your doctor. That is very important.

DogLover9501
07-04-2004, 10:49 PM
I made the food list....I don't wanna eat anything that has more than 100 calories, because I don't want to go back to thinking about not eating at all......:(

NoahsMommy
07-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501
I made the food list....I don't wanna eat anything that has more than 100 calories, because I don't want to go back to thinking about not eating at all......:(

I really think you should talk with a doctor, hun. Do you have one you can talk with?

DogLover9501
07-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I really think you should talk with a doctor, hun. Do you have one you can talk with?

No, I hate my doctor, I don't even go to him when I have a flu, or anything at all, why do I need a doctor?

Cookiebaker
07-04-2004, 10:54 PM

I heartily second this. You only get one body, and it is well worth it to take care of it properly. Can you talk to your Mom or do you have another adult that you can look to for advice?

DogLover9501
07-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
I heartily second this. You only get one body, and it is well worth it to take care of it properly. Can you talk to your Mom or do you have another adult that you can look to for advice?

No!! My mom doesn't even care enough about me to try to help me get back into school, you'd think she'd want to do that before I change my mind, but it's been like a year...

Besides, thats why I posted it here....

micki76
07-04-2004, 11:04 PM
No, I hate my doctor, I don't even go to him when I have a flu, or anything at all, why do I need a doctor?

Because you sound like you're headed down a slippery slope to an eating disorder. I know, I've been there.

In my early 20's I had the same thing happen to me. It started with a stressful time where I just couldn't eat. Suddenly I noticed that I had lost more than 5 lbs and that I hadn't eaten more than a couple hundred calories in 3 or 4 days. :eek: I didn't feel hungry either, and eventually convinced myself that I wasn't. I ended up losing a lot of weight and ended up in the hospital. It's very easy to let yourself get sucked into not eating when you're in that frame of mind. For me, I had a certain pair of jeans that I wanted to get into, and told myself that when I did, I would start eating again. But it becomes an obsession. Once I got into those jeans I thought how cool it would be if I could get into the next size down. And then the next, and so on.

Please talk to someone, anyone. What you're doing isn't healthy or normal. Stop it now before it gets completely out of hand. I was lucky that I was able to get a grasp on reality again, or it could've ended up as a lifelong disorder. :(

shais_mom
07-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Then you need to find another doctor. Find a Clinic or something.
Eating strictly those foods is a CRAZY idea.
That is how eating disorders start. Your body needs different nutrients and vitamins. And just eating those foods -strictly, is a very UNHEALTHY idea.
Other then egg whites there is NO PROTEIN there either. Not trying to start a conversation about vegatarians b/c they are usually very healthy. But they get protein from other sources.
If you are serious about changing your eating habits, check out some books at your library. Or some websites online.

NoahsMommy
07-04-2004, 11:13 PM

Because the way you are viewing how to eat...and not wanting to eat are not good things. A doctor will be better at explaining to you what a horrible decision to eat like this is. :(

What is your reason for not wanting to eat? Weight? I assume so from your calorie counting...are you aware of other ways to effectively, safely lose weight?

Regarding school. Is this like high school? Or college?

DogLover9501
07-04-2004, 11:20 PM
What is your reason for not wanting to eat? Weight? I assume so from your calorie counting...are you aware of other ways to effectively, safely lose weight?

Regarding school. Is this like high school? Or college?

Yes, weight is my reason, and other ways take alot longer....

About school....I stopped going in 8th grade, went to school in a hospital for 9th grade, and thats it....and now Im 17

NoahsMommy
07-04-2004, 11:31 PM
Yes, weight is my reason, and other ways take alot longer....

About school....I stopped going in 8th grade, went to school in a hospital for 9th grade, and thats it....and now Im 17

They may take longer, but they keep wieght off and don't hurt your body...in fact, they help you get healthy.

Can you get your GED????

DogLover9501
07-04-2004, 11:36 PM
They may take longer, but they keep wieght off and don't hurt your body...in fact, they help you get healthy.

Can you get your GED????

But I don't know anything about other diets, so I was going for a shortcut....

Yes, I could go do grades 10-11-12 in one year, ALL my mom needs to do is take me to register, is that too hard?

shais_mom
07-04-2004, 11:38 PM
There is no healthy way to lose weight with a short cut.

:(

DogLover9501
07-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
There is no healthy way to lose weight with a short cut.

But for some reason it seems fine to me....

Cookiebaker
07-04-2004, 11:46 PM
But for some reason it seems fine to me....

Diets like you are describing are not safe and are not the answer.

The answer, as I have found, is in moderation, cutting out sweets and bad foods, and eating 4 smallish meals a day. Exercise by walking, sit-ups, swimming or anything you enjoy.

BTW, if the diet you described sounds fine to you, why are you asking?? :confused:

NoahsMommy
07-04-2004, 11:48 PM
But I don't know anything about other diets, so I was going for a shortcut....

Hmmm...this kind of strikes me as odd. You found Pet Talk OK, but you can't look online for ways to lose wieght? It seems all I have to do is open my eyes (or ears, for that matter) and I'm bombarded with ways to lose weight quickly. I'm sure you've heard of things like diet pills, Adkins, Slimfast, etc. In fact, someone on here is doing the Slimfast diet. I don't know if you're being entirely truthful here....

Yes, I could go do grades 10-11-12 in one year, ALL my mom needs to do is take me to register, is that too hard?

Does she have to sign you up? You aren't able to do this yourself? I find it extremely odd that a parent would deny their child an education if they truly wanted one. In the US, that would be illegal....

DogLover9501
07-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
The answer, as I have found, is in moderation, cutting out sweets and bad foods, and eating 4 smallish meals a day. Exercise by walking, sit-ups, swimming or anything you enjoy.

BTW, if the diet you described sounds fine to you, why are you asking?? :confused:

FOUR meals a day???

Im asking because, even the bad things that I KNOW could happen from eating this way, seemed fine to me....:(:confused:

DogLover9501
07-04-2004, 11:51 PM
Hmmm...this kind of strikes me as odd. You found Pet Talk OK, but you can't look online for ways to lose wieght? It seems all I have to do is open my eyes (or ears, for that matter) and I'm bombarded with ways to lose weight quickly. I'm sure you've heard of things like diet pills, Adkins, Slimfast, etc. In fact, someone on here is doing the Slimfast diet. I don't know if you're being entirely truthful here....

Does she have to sign you up? You aren't able to do this yourself? I find it extremely odd that a parent would deny their child an education if they truly wanted one. In the US, that would be illegal....

Well maybe I posted it here because I was worried about the way I've been thinking lately, but I don't need a doctor!

Also, my moms not denying me my education, I just keep reminding her and she keeps saying she forgot, and NEVER gets around to it, Im going to have my Aunt take me tomorrow...I hope :(

All Creatures Great And Small
07-04-2004, 11:51 PM
This "20 questions" stuff drives me nuts - are we just supposed to keep asking you things until we guess what your problem is?

If you don't actually want advice, just attention, this ain't the place, because the people on PT are very wise and have a lot of good experiences and advice to share. If you're just going to shoot down every suggestion, then why even solicit advice?

Eat properly, go to school, and don't spend too much time on the Internet unless you're researching proper nutrition and educational alternatives. And don't rip on your mom to people you barely even know.

Cookiebaker
07-04-2004, 11:53 PM
FOUR meals a day???

The key word here is SMALLISH. If you eat smaller meals, more often it enhances your metabolism, so that your body processes more food instead of packing it into fat cells.

Im asking because, even the bad things that I KNOW could happen from eating this way, seemed fine to me....:(:confused:
I'm sorry but could you explain what you mean? I'm not understanding. Are you saying that all the bad things that you have heard about are OK if that happens to you?? :confused:

NoahsMommy
07-04-2004, 11:54 PM
CASE IN POINT:

I just finished looking at that firework thread and look what popped up on my computer:

http://mydietpatches.com/step1.htm

And I'm not even "looking" for ways to lose weight...weird!

GoldenRetrLuver
07-04-2004, 11:57 PM
Well maybe I posted it here because I was worried about the way I've been thinking lately, but I don't need a doctor!

Robyn, I hope you don't take offense, but I think you really do need to see a doctor. :( Like many have said, this sounds like the start of an eating disorder.

I would do what Anna said. Cut out sweets/soda/etc, eat 4-5 small meals a day, and exercise more.

We care about you, sweetie... don't do anything that would hurt yourself. :(

NoahsMommy
07-04-2004, 11:58 PM

Are you familiar with what a Psychiatrist is?? (Its a combination doctor and therapist) I think you'd benefit from talking with one if you aren't going to listen to us...

shais_mom
07-04-2004, 11:59 PM
FOUR meals a day???

Oh I forgot your'e 17 and you are in the realm that you know everything. So why ask our opinion??
I went thru 4 years of college and have worked in the medical profession for 6 years and I gave you my sound opinion. I have seen people that started with 'diets' like your's that weigh 80 pounds and have a tube down their nose giving them nourishment b/c if they try to eat and put something in their stomach it won't stay down.
Eating ONLY those foods and ONLY those foods can cause your blood sugar levels to be sporadic I would think and you could end up passing out.

I don't know, I smell something fishy.

DogLover9501
07-05-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
This "20 questions" stuff drives me nuts - are we just supposed to keep asking you things until we guess what your problem is?

If you don't actually want advice, just attention, this ain't the place, because the people on PT are very wise and have a lot of good experiences and advice to share. If you're just going to shoot down every suggestion, then why even solicit advice?

Eat properly, go to school, and don't spend too much time on the Internet unless you're researching proper nutrition and educational alternatives. And don't rip on your mom to people you barely even know.

I do want advice, I didn't do this for attention, and I know people on PT are very wise with advice, why else would I ask???

I feel like certian people on PT care about me more than my actual family sometimes.

:( :( :( if you didn't have anything to say to me except to assume that Im trying to get attention and to tell me to "Eat properly and go to school", then it has nothing to do with you.

Don't you think I want to do that?? I just need advice, Im not the type of person to just talk to my family about all this

:( :( :( I almost felt like leaving PT after that

Cookiebaker
07-05-2004, 12:02 AM

I don't know, I smell something fishy.

Oh no! Couldn't be 'cause "fishy" would have too many calories or protein or something, so we couldn't have THAT! :rolleyes: ;)

Robin, are you familiar with diabetes?

DogLover9501
07-05-2004, 12:04 AM
:( I dont know why everyones acting like this, all I wanted was some advice, from people at a place that I consider my "home away from home", and I dont want/need attention, and I know that I dont know everything, thats why I asked :( I am litteraly crying right now

:( :( :(

micki76
07-05-2004, 12:08 AM
WTF? Why are you people being so GD mean????????????? I swear!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Grow up and stop being so sarcastic about everything. She's asking questions and getting nothing constructive from anyone. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Dumping more crap on someone who sounds depressed, sad, and honestly, a little alone is like rubbing salt in a wound.

Shame on you.

NoahsMommy
07-05-2004, 12:08 AM
:( I dont know why everyones acting like this, all I wanted was some advice, from people at a place that I consider my "home away from home", and I dont want/need attention, and I know that I dont know everything, thats why I asked :( I am litteraly crying right now

:( :( :(

I don't think anyone here intended to have you shedding tears. But like everyone that's been posting has said, if you ask for advice, you'd better be open to it. That's kind of how conversations like this work...

Dogz
07-05-2004, 12:09 AM
They gave you some GREAT advice, Robyn.

You need to eat 4-5 small meals a day. Not just the things you named on your list. I suppose it is a good start for a list of healthy side dishes, but definately not meals.

I didn't expect this from you though.

Meat, and nuts have protein. You NEED to have this included in your diet every day.

Cut out sugars, pop, and just watch what you eat. That is the best way you can go.

There is no fast or easy way out. You need to do it right or you are going to really hurt yourself.

As everyone else said, go see a doctor. You can talk to a doctor about what is a healthy way to start a diet. If you do not like your doctor, find a different doctor to talk to this about.

DogLover9501
07-05-2004, 12:10 AM
I just want to say, before I go, that when I posted this, I really had no idea that eating just those foods was dangerous! I thought that as long as I still ate enough and all that, that I would be okay.

All I wanted was some advice, and at first I was getting just that and was definatly greatfull, but then it turned it to more, and I just didn't need anything else other than some advice :(

DogLover9501
07-05-2004, 12:14 AM
I don't think anyone here intended to have you shedding tears. But like everyone that's been posting has said, if you ask for advice, you'd better be open to it. That's kind of how conversations like this work...

I am very open to everyones advice, I honestly thought I would be okay eating just those foods, I didn't once tell anyone they were wrong or anything like that.

Dogz
07-05-2004, 12:14 AM
I just want to say, before I go

So, now you're leaving? :confused:

The only reason people reacted in that way was because they wanted to HELP you. We OBVIOUSLY care about you, or else we wouldn't keep trying to push you away from unhealthy situations.

shais_mom
07-05-2004, 12:16 AM
OK,
Sorry I came across as a wicked witch of the west, but, I got rubbed the wrong way ........
First off, these foods aren't bad for you if you eat them with other GOOD for you foods.
If you would have said "chicken and /or fish" along with that list, I would have been all for it.
I strongly suggest you check out the library or some healthy websites.

I don't think you need to leave PT either, that wasn't the intention.

DogLover9501
07-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Dogz
So, now you're leaving? :confused:

The only reason people reacted in that way was because they wanted to HELP you. We OBVIOUSLY care about you, or else we wouldn't keep trying to push you away from unhealthy situations.

Emma, Im sorry, I should have phrased that better, I just meant before I go, as in for tonight, Im sorry

NoahsMommy
07-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by micki76
She's asking questions and getting nothing constructive from anyone.
I think you should go back a read the entire thread. We've all posted A LOT of really great information in this thread AND in her past "I don't want to eat" threads.

Sometimes people need to be made to think about their situation. There are people that seek to only gain attention for themselves, which in turn really, really can hurt people who DO have a problem with their health.

There are also people that want to deny they have a problem, but do "cry for help".

Whichever type of person this girl is, these responses can help her. I'm sorry if you don't agree....

DogLover9501
07-05-2004, 12:20 AM
I think you should go back a read the entire thread. We've all posted A LOT of really great information in this thread AND in her past "I don't want to eat" threads.

Sometimes people need to be made to think about their situation. There are people that seek to only gain attention for themselves, which in turn really, really can hurt people who DO have a problem with their health.

There are also people that want to deny they have a problem, but do "cry for help".

Whichever type of person this girl is, these responses can help her. I'm sorry if you don't agree....

Yes, I did get alot of helpfull stuff, and I only had one past thread about this, when it started...a few weeks ago

I really had no idea about my body needing certain things, but I do know now, I just thought as long as I ate, I would be okay, so in one way, Im glad I asked, even if it left me crying

Cookiebaker
07-05-2004, 12:23 AM
I definitely did not mean to sound mean or harsh. I care about you, and that is why I am concerned for your health.

But I have to say, I really feel that the most important advice that anybody has given you has been cast off. It is *so* important to see your doctor. He/She has gone through med school, and studies these types of questions on a daily basis. They have done all the research and have the answers at their finger tips, in a way that nobody here really does. If you don't like your current doctor, then you really should find a new one, someone you can trust.

Also, is there a "mentor" program in your neighborhood?? This is an organization that pairs up kids with an adult for a whole range of things -- friendship, counseling, someone to confide in, someone to help you talk to your parents, etc etc etc. You might check with a guidance counselor at school to see if there is a program like that around.

I just don't want you to end up hurting yourself while I just sit quietly in the corner. So please stick around, and PM me if you want to chat, OK?

Dogz
07-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Yes, I did get alot of helpfull stuff, and I only had one past thread about this, when it started...a few weeks ago

I really had no idea about my body needing certain things, but I do know now, I just thought as long as I ate, I would be okay, so in one way, Im glad I asked, even if it left me crying

I think this is quite strange.

You didn't learn about the different food groups... ever?? :eek:

I remember learning about them from grades K-3 for goodness sakes!

:eek:

DogLover9501
07-05-2004, 12:25 AM
Thanks, Anna :)

I'll definatly find out about better diets than mine, I guess I didn't give it alot of thought, just added things to my list with calories I was happy with, maybe I could just ask my doctor to send me to a dieticion(sp)??

DogLover9501
07-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Dogz
I think this is quite strange.

You didn't learn about the different food groups... ever?? :eek:

I remember learning about them from grades K-3 for goodness sakes!

:eek:

I learned about all that in elementary school or something, I didn't really give my menu alot of thought I guess

shais_mom
07-05-2004, 12:29 AM

I'll definatly find out about better diets than mine, I guess I didn't give it alot of thought, just added things to my list with calories I was happy with, maybe I could just ask my doctor to send me to a dieticion(sp)??
I think this is a splendid idea and if thru this mess of a thread, "we" made you see that, then it might have been worth a 'wake up' call!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Dogz
07-05-2004, 12:29 AM
I learned about all that in elementary school or something, I didn't really give my menu alot of thought I guess

Well, maybe you should.

If you think you are having a weight problem, that may be the reason why. You need to think about what you eat; whether it is healthy or if it is junk food.

I am sure the people on PT have a lot of information they can give you about going on a healthy diet.

All you need to do is ask for the right information!

Good luck, Robyn! :)

DogLover9501
07-05-2004, 12:32 AM
I think this is a splendid idea and if thru this mess of a thread, "we" made you see that, then it might have been worth a 'wake up' call!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Yes this "mess of a thread" made me see that I can't live on those foods on my list!!

So even if I had a teary moment, Im really glad I asked, and I will definatly take the advice that was given.

You really gotta love PTers :)

NoahsMommy
07-05-2004, 12:34 AM
Going to a dietician is a wonderful idea! They can map out a menu plan of food and excercise that you like that will help you be healthy and lose weight.

Good luck with that! :)

micki76
07-05-2004, 12:34 AM

Excellent idea! You should get some great advice from a dietician. :)

Take care of yourself, and if you ever need to talk, I'm a PM away. :)

MariaM
07-05-2004, 12:59 AM
All I wanted to say is...as far as losing weight, its not ONLY what you eat, but also excersising.

BCBlondie
07-05-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by MariaM
All I wanted to say is...as far as losing weight, its not ONLY what you eat, but also excersising.
I agree!! Just eat healthy! Eat your veggies, don't skip meals (stay on a routine), and try a daily jog around the block and some situps or something. :)

Eat healthy and exercise!!!! ;)
It may take some time but you'll stay healthy and you'll feel great afterwards!

Another thing, no matter what some others have said, we care about you!!! Please don't hurt yourself, and don't let other people hurt you or drive you away. **hugs**

binka_nugget
07-05-2004, 01:31 AM
I've been going through a similar problem. I think the best thing to do is to go to someone with medical knowledge and ask them for advice. I went to my doctor and she guided me. It'll probably be hard at times but stick with it! There is no fast, HEALTHY short cut. My doctor said 5 pounds a month would be excellent for me. Doesn't sound like much but it's a healthy way to go about losing weight.

Good luck Robyn! :)

NoahsMommy
07-05-2004, 02:00 AM
I just thought of another thing. Do you have any friends that can start this diet with you? For me, excercise is always easier when you have someone else doing it with you.

Keeping to a diet with another person works too. You'd have someone else to comiserate over not being allowed to eat bad with. ;)

popcornbird
07-05-2004, 03:17 AM
I just saw this thread, and had to comment in it.

First of all, the list of foods you listed is not a nutritionally complete diet, at all. You could get sick by eating just those foods. You need protein in your diet, and you also need carbs, up to a certain extent. You need calcium too. The lost of foods you listed lacks protein, carbs, and calcium...things you NEED as a part of your daily diet.

Second, I don't understand why you haven't gone to school since 8th grade. Isn't that illegal where you live? Around here, you HAVE to be registered with the school district until you complete high school. After 18, college education is your own choice, but up to high school, you really have to go. Is there a reason you don't go? :confused:

The only reason we're all posting here is because we care for your well being, and that list you made just doesn't sound right. We don't want you to put yourself in harm's way. I'm not sure if you eat meat, but if not, some good sources of protein are legumes, nuts, soy products (also a good source of calcium), eggs, etc. Please do not deprive yourself of the protein and calcium your body NEEDS. If you don't remember how the food pyramid is, you really need to study that, and follow it. As to not eating foods that are over 100 calories, that is just ridiculous. 1 slice of whole grain bread (healthy), is 100 calories right there. I normally eat 1200-1300 calories a day when I'm trying to lose weight, but otherwise, 1500-2000+ calories a day is very normal, depending on your body build, age, etc. If you wish to lose weight, exercise regularly, and eat a WELL BALANCED diet. Count your calories so you don't go WAY over, and eat at least 3-5 small meals a day. Eating more frequently with small quantities per meal is actually good for you metabolism, and much better for your health than eating large meals, and less frequently. Also, sodas do not need to be on the list. ;) Please take care of yourself, and if you need advice or just need to talk, we'll always be here for you. :)

countrycowgirl
07-05-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver

I would do what Anna said. Cut out sweets/soda/etc, eat 4-5 small meals a day, and exercise more.

We care about you, sweetie... don't do anything that would hurt yourself. :(

I ditto this I cut out my cokes and sweets and with in the first week I lost 5 pounds and I felt alot better..... and then I let myself drink diet coke ..... I started doing this 3 weeks before school let out and even now I can't drink a regular coke its to sweet and if I eat more than a few bites of something sweet it makes me kinda sick so it really helped me to do that and cut down on the amount that I eat ....... I am always here if you need to talk you can always pm me or email me :)

davidpizzica
07-05-2004, 08:12 AM
On my diet, I eat most of the items on her list. However I have a good reason. I'm borderline diabetic. My diet was approved by a dietician and I can vary it with different types of meat and that way I get the protein I need. I eat small portions thru the day and I have to size the portions: meat pieces size of a deck of cards etc. I have to do that to keep my blood sugar down. I hate it, but it has to be done. Problem is, I'll have to spend money on smaller clothes!! lol

catmandu
07-05-2004, 09:05 AM
Even a Vegan, can havePeanut Butter, excellent,for protein, andCheese! And Maybe a Meat Substitute!