PDA

View Full Version : Persistance Paid Off!!

QueenScoopalot
07-04-2004, 01:06 PM
GRRRRR!!!! FINALLY after five days of back & forth driving, climbing stone walls etc. I outsmarted mama & her third kitten!!! Mom cat had moved her kitten out of the jungle and into a yard across the street. I watched her this AM as she had a leisurely breakfast, and then strolled off to her baby. I got the trap set with a rope to control the door, and snuck into the yard to find mama and baby. First spot was no one, behind the shed, no one there either...they were on the side of the shed (probably trying to escape the stench of 3 decomposing rats). It didn't go as I planned it, but I eventually netted the kitten behind another shed in the next yard over. Mama was as lazy and carefree as ever. I have to settle them in somewhere....*sigh*. The other two kittens I trapped 3 days ago, and they are doing so well despite the fact they're close to four months. The tortie I thought would be a tough cookie to socialize, but she's a sweetie already! Leans in for scritches, and almost does elevator butt! :D Cute family...and I'm glad that ordeal is finally over! Yeah, yeah...pictures at some point. :rolleyes: :) ;) :p :D :o :confused:

Grace
07-04-2004, 02:26 PM
I wish I lived near you so I could assist with your adventures.

QueenScoopalot
07-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Grace, I wish you did too! So many cats....so little time *sigh*. Sure wish I could clone me. :rolleyes: One me to stay home and clean house, one to work, one to trap...one to sit on the couch and eat bon-bons....:D :D :D

carla and mike
07-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Great going Jan::D :D :D

Laura's Babies
07-04-2004, 07:13 PM
If they had all us PT'ers living in one town, there would be no need for rescues or shelters after awhile.. Wish I could help you too, you DO need help...BAD!

kimlovescats
07-04-2004, 07:16 PM
Great job, Jan!;)

rg_girlca
07-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
If they had all us PT'ers living in one town, there would be no need for rescues or shelters after awhile.. Wish I could help you too, you DO need help...BAD!

That would be a dream come true Laura.

Another fabulous job Jan. Congratulations.
Can't wait to see pics of these little ones.:)

catcrazylady
07-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Jan you never ever cease to amaze me! I don't know how in the world you do it all but if it means anything I'm so grateful that you do!! You are a one woman rescue organization!!! God Bless you for all the wonderful wonderful work you do!!! I know there has to be a special place for you in Heaven!!!

QueenScoopalot
07-04-2004, 11:01 PM
I'm mighty pooped out, and would just love to sleep in tomorrow, but cat sitting jobs await. I took several pictures of todays catch (there were more) but probably won't put them here for a few days. Monday brings the scramble of trying to find other foster homes willing to share the wealth here. Sure wish there was a Pet Talk village all for us! Just think...no feral kittens to run around trapping! :D I did on a bright note, took the five kittens from the flea infested home (if one can call it that) and they went to the shelter. The door never stops revolving here lol!:rolleyes:

leslie flenner
07-05-2004, 12:13 AM
how the remainder of the fourth of July went for us both here on the North Shore of Boston! It ended with an injured Albatross! (sp?) It's 1am here or i'd tell- still need to settle in new kitten Ali... Happy 4th everyone!

QueenScoopalot
07-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by leslie flenner
how the remainder of the fourth of July went for us both here on the North Shore of Boston! It ended with an injured Albatross! (sp?) It's 1am here or i'd tell- still need to settle in new kitten Ali... Happy 4th everyone! BLACK BACKED GULL Leslie....not an albatross LOL! :D

leslie flenner
07-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Yeah, ok. Are you still sleep deprived? You think I think we got us one broken winged albatross last night...? I know that you know that I know it was not! Remember, I said, "Call her up (the friend who left Jan a message at 8:30pm last night saying it looked like an injured albatross in the Citizens bank parking lot earlier that day) and ask which Citizens bank in what part of Mexico- could she be more specific?" And you called her and said in a spanish accent, "Would that be a native albatross or a Portugese albotross?" And we giggled for hours about how an albatross could possibly find it's poor way to North Shore of Boston...(I'm still giggling inside- still over-tired I guess!)
When you get a chance- post Gulliver's pics! I know you will- being pushy as usual! Push, prod, poke, wake up!!!

catmandu
07-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Great Job,Jan, and hopefully I will have Karen,the Calico,in the Hotel, Today,and out of danger!

QueenScoopalot
07-06-2004, 09:03 AM
I sure hope you get Karen in, and out of danger Gary! It's so much easier having cats deliver kittens inside, rather than chase them around when they get older. Keep us posted ;) :) ;) Jan