PDA

View Full Version : Dry Nose???

DogLover9501
07-04-2004, 12:38 PM
Jasper's nose is always dry, and feels sort of "dried-up"...

This can't be normal, right??

Amber
07-04-2004, 01:51 PM
I always heard that when a dogs nose is dry that means they don't feel good, and it it's wet they are fine.

But I'm not sure if it's true

christrev
07-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Hello,
I was always told that a dry nose means an ill dog...but I don't think it's strictly true, Sasha'a nose is sometime dry, but she's fit & well, I suppose it's best to go on the dogs actual health.......is he well in himself etc, is he eating normally, running around etc etc ................think that's the best way to tell.

Although if you are really worried...take a trip to the vets.

chris;)

Glacier
07-04-2004, 03:22 PM
It's actually an old wives tale that a dry nose means they are sick. If there are other symptoms, it might mean something. But on it's own it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Jasper has other health problems, right? So it could just be another symptom of his allergies.

primabella
07-04-2004, 03:51 PM
I read that dogs will get a dried up nose when they are dehydrated but I'm not sure if that's true. Mickey's nose gets dry sometimes and he hasn't been sick. I just make sure he has some water nearby.

I'm sure it's okay. :)

wolf_Q
07-04-2004, 11:46 PM
No idea if this is true or not, but I remember hearing that dogs noses are naturally dry they just get wet from dogs licking their noses, drinking, etc...

binka_nugget
07-05-2004, 01:04 AM
I've actually heard that it just depends on the moisture in the area they're in. :confused: Not sure how much truth there is to that though..

tatsxxx11
07-05-2004, 01:20 PM
I was corrected by a not so nice vet years ago...a dog's nose, wet or dry, cold or warm, is no indicator of his/her health!:rolleyes: Ok, I was wrong!:D

I think it's probably just dryness due to exposure to the environment or perhaps allergies, etc. Some dogs' noses are especially sensitive to sun exposure!