PDA

View Full Version : OMG! how could i be soo stupid!

cocker_luva
07-04-2004, 08:40 AM
i got a ticket last nite, my very first. i got to an intersection and passed it right after it turned red! :mad: geez good thing i wasnt speeding. :rolleyes: i know its really not a big deal, $75, but i had a really hard time sleeping last nite. i kept remembering what happened and what could have happened and what i should have done to prevent it from ever happening. :( but the guy was real nice, and i was my usual polite self. :rolleyes: :D so this was no serious problem. all i gotta do is pay the money through the mail and get my license back (from bond.)

thanks for hearing my little (that keeps me up all nite :rolleyes: ) problem.

Aspen and Misty
07-04-2004, 11:17 AM
LOL! I've had my permit for about 4 weeks and already have a "speeding" ticket. He marked it under Not Obeying Traffic Signs :rolleyes: while it has no points attached to it, it comes with a hefty fine of 105 dollars :eek:

CountryWolf07
07-04-2004, 01:07 PM
I didn't get a speeding tickets after 3 years, then this year, I got one. Ouch, I had to pay $109. *shrug* I just got myself trapped into a speed trap-zone - I absolutely hate those.

boscibo
07-04-2004, 02:54 PM
I got a speeding ticket a few weeks ago - $181. I was doing 80 mph in a 65. Ouch - money I much rather would have spent on something else. It was my first speeding ticket in over ten years. I got a bunch when I was 19-20, I had a fast car and a heavy foot.

Don't feel too badly, no one got hurt and it was a learning experience. Tickets are a part of the whole driving experience.

dukedogsmom
07-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Ages and ages ago, I was on the turnpike coming back from Ft Lauderdale. I was trying to beat my sister-in-law's record of 3 hours. I saw a trooper going the opposite way. I thought I wouldn't have to worry about him. Boy was I wrong! I was doing 81 in a 55. He bumped the speeding down a few so I wouldn't have to pay so much. It happens to us all.

dappledoxie
07-04-2004, 06:24 PM
I feel your pain... lol I just got my first speeding ticket my whole time driving, not super long, only 5 years but hey, I was doing good! It was a speed trap and the officer was very rude to me, I just felt so awful for it. It was 53 in a 35. :( The road I was on goes from 35 to 45 then to 55 in a matter of feet. :( I could see the 45 mph sign.... :( Anywho, I am not paying the fine, can't afford a jump in insurance. I'm going to court and pleading for myself. lol If I can make it there, and not get sick... I have bad nerves. lol Just pay court costs, hopefully around 100.00 - 150.00