PDA

View Full Version : Boo!

catnapper
07-04-2004, 07:17 AM
I was putting together my son's medals for sports to put into a frame. I had a HUGE plastic bag on the bed that I was using for trash, and had a ton of medals and ribbons on the bed surrounding me. The bed was a mine field of crinkly clanging noise...

Allen jumped up on the bed and tip-toed around the mess to jump into the bag. He turned around-around-around until he plopped and played punching bag inside. (BTW, the only trash in there was the cellophane wrapper the frames came in) I was sitting there, so I didn't mind him in the bag. He settled down and just watched what I was doing and a few minutes later, Pouncer entered the room, and jumped up onto the bed to see what I was doing. First, he scared himself by landing on the medals. HISS! Poofy tail and raised back! Then he stood there unsure what to do. Stood there in the pefect Halloween cat arched back... then Allen popped his head up from the bag and..... HISS! Pouncer was completely spooked! Still Pouncer had no idea what to do, he just stood there looking like a Halloween cat. Then Allen moved again and Pouncer went flying out the bedroom and Allen followed after.

Man I wish I had time to grab my camera! :D

Here's one finished frame - my son's birthday's tomorrow, and I figured these would make a nice birthday gift. Sorry the picture's blurry... its the best it would come out with the glass. I have one for track, and one for cross country.
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/misc%20nonsense/medals.jpg
Thank goodness I used to be a picture framer! I had everything but the frame - and that was only $3.88 at ACMoore last weekend! :D I love being cheap but looking like I put out some serious money! LOL

I have still to do the other one, so lets see how badly I spook Pouncer today! ;)

jenluckenbach
07-04-2004, 07:26 AM
ROTFLMAO

By the way, nice gift. :)

sirrahbed
07-04-2004, 07:31 AM
Funny story but a great looking gift as an outcome:D :D

catcrazylady
07-04-2004, 07:39 AM
Silly silly Pouncer! sounds like you have been very surprised! Too funny!! I have the visual!
Great frame and a wonderful gift!!

Laura's Babies
07-04-2004, 08:35 AM
I saw all that in my minds eye and I was laughing my butt off! You do a very good discriptive narration of the events as they unfolded and it was easy to picture.. I still wish you had you camera handy!! Where are those cameras when you need them??

Kirsten
07-04-2004, 08:43 AM
LOL!!! OMG Pouncer, I would have loved to see that! :)

The frame looks great! What a nice gift!

Kirsten

catmandu
07-04-2004, 11:10 AM
The Good Thing,is that out of the confusion,came a Great Gift, and a Playful Pouncer, and her Guardian Cat Angel,Pouncer 1 thought,that it was funny as well!

jazzcat
07-04-2004, 11:16 AM
LOL!! I'd love to have seen that. I've had some similar experiences with Ripley and Jazz that almost made me wet my pants laughing. Sounds like this would have had the same results!!!

The frame looks beautiful.