PDA

View Full Version : Ewww ewww eww!

Cookiebaker
07-04-2004, 07:11 AM
http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/sunday6.JPG
The glass on the left is water that Mark got me when I first woke up.
The glass on the right is water that was coming out of the faucet 15 minutes later. :eek:

I guess they have a major water main break in town, and this is the result. No showers, no drinking water, no nothing. *gak sputter* I hate town water!

This makes me so grumpy, 'cuz I NEED a shower. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

catnapper
07-04-2004, 07:23 AM
Oh Yum! I thought "now why is she showing me a glass of iced tea and a glass of water?"

That is highly disgusting! Bleccchhhhh!
See? Even Allen agress!
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/Blecchhhh.jpg

I hope the wait isn't too long before you have your water back to normal!

jazzcat
07-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Ewww is right!!! Hope they get that fixed for you soon. Nothing like not being able to use your water. That's when I want to do 100 things that require water, LOL!

sirrahbed
07-04-2004, 11:43 AM
http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/pukeface.gif

Kfamr
07-04-2004, 12:18 PM
Oh... YUM!!

You think you can take a shower with a partial glass of water? :p

Uabassoon
07-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Ewww I hope things get fixed soon.

MariaM
07-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Mmmm looks like our water! ;) Jk. Sometimes we have those days...I hate it!

popcornbird
07-04-2004, 01:19 PM
I never knew town water gets like that. :eek: YUCK!!!!

Ps. We always have clean water but *never* drink tap water anyway. It doesn't taste good. ;)

dukedogsmom
07-04-2004, 03:39 PM
I was thinking it was tea also! That's gross. Last time our water was out, I took buckets of it out of the swimming pool and bathed in my swimsuit :) Was better than no shower at all.

DJFyrewolf36
07-04-2004, 08:55 PM
our water looks like that on a regular basis....

:rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
07-05-2004, 03:29 AM
That is kind of icky.

I don't get it though. How come its like that? Is that dirt? Rust? Why does your water do that?

Kfamr
07-05-2004, 06:54 AM
Do you have *normal* water now? :p

catmandu
07-05-2004, 09:09 AM
The Cats would be disgusted, and I would be calling up theBottled water People,if that came out of my tap! But that doesnt help much, with laundry,or cleaning! I hope that this is temporary!

Cookiebaker
07-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Do you have *normal* water now? :p

YES! Thank goodness!! Yesterday afternoon, we had to run it for 1-2 hours until it was clear again.

Noah'sMommy, I think what happened is that the main line somehow "broke" and was letting all kinds of dirt in. This is the 3rd or 4th time since we moved here in '99. They were out working on it from around 8 in the morning until 2 in the afternoon.

Poppy, we have a filter on our drinking water. But we are definitely thinking of getting water delivered. I'm going to call around for prices and see what is available. I know at work, we pay $1 per gallon, but that seems kind of expensive as we go through a LOT of water. I bought a 2 gallon jug last night, and already it is half gone just with breakfast. :rolleyes:

popcornbird
07-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker

Poppy, we have a filter on our drinking water. But we are definitely thinking of getting water delivered. I'm going to call around for prices and see what is available. I know at work, we pay $1 per gallon, but that seems kind of expensive as we go through a LOT of water. I bought a 2 gallon jug last night, and already it is half gone just with breakfast. :rolleyes:

$1 per gallon??? :eek: That IS expensive. Don't you have any *Purified Water* stores? We have a LOT around here, and their water tastes the best. That's what we buy and use as drinking water. The birds drink only that water too. They charge 25 cents a gallon, which is the normal rate for purified water. I thought it would be the same price in the whole country. :confused:

Cookiebaker
07-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
$1 per gallon??? :eek: That IS expensive. Don't you have any *Purified Water* stores? We have a LOT around here, and their water tastes the best. That's what we buy and use as drinking water. The birds drink only that water too. They charge 25 cents a gallon, which is the normal rate for purified water. I thought it would be the same price in the whole country. :confused:

No, actually I have never heard of that name before. We live in the boonies of New Hampshire, and there isn't a "water store" near or far that I know of. The water we get at work is through CocaCola company. But then again, I haven't done research yet, so I just might be surprised. ;)

popcornbird
07-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
No, actually I have never heard of that name before. We live in the boonies of New Hampshire, and there isn't a "water store" near or far that I know of. The water we get at work is through CocaCola company. But then again, I haven't done research yet, so I just might be surprised. ;)

I didn't mean its *called* Purified Water. I meant to ask if you have any stores that sell purified water. We have several of these large 5 gallon bottles that we take to one of those stores every week and just fill them up. Its 25 cents a gallon and there water is SOOOO good. I can't drink any other water after drinking that for all these years. Even the filtered water from the refrigerator doesn't taste good enough.

Kfamr
07-06-2004, 06:09 AM
We have a reverse osmosis(sp?) and i'd never drink "normal" water after using that thing. We normally have gallons of water that we bottled up just in case we need it... I think almost every Florida home has gallons of water sitting around.:p