PDA

View Full Version : It must be the 4th of July...

wolf_Q
07-03-2004, 11:49 PM
This is the current scene under my computer desk. I'm not sure where I'm supposed to put my feet. :confused:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid125/p1b996389e2a7b7d5e9dc85e07618f4dc/f801d6ab.jpg

Nebo is indifferent to the fireworks, but I think he's a bit annoyed that he has to share his space. Normally Reggie trys to avoid Nebo, but apparently he's too scared to care tonight! Poor guy is just shaking. :( He's terrified of fireworks...last year he jumped in the shower with me because he heard them!

Anyone else have dogs who absolutely HATE this time of year?

micki76
07-03-2004, 11:52 PM
Mine just keep barking and will keep me up ALL night.

Poor Reg, I can tell by his ears that he's upset. :(

countrycowgirl
07-03-2004, 11:53 PM
we live in a very rural area so you can see everyones fireworks and me my aunt and cousin and grandma and popa live all next to each other and i really don't pop firework but everyone else does and my pups are TERRIEFIED i feel so bad for them they all go hide under my bed

Crikit
07-03-2004, 11:56 PM
Ahh poor Reggie, you could send up here we don't have any fireworks going this weekend they all happened on Thursday.

None of my dogs really show any reaction to fireworks but where I live it's hard to see or hear them from where they get shot off. I'm sure if Winter heard them she'd freak but luckily she can't.

Amber
07-03-2004, 11:59 PM
Aww, Reggie

Reggie you are so adorable! Your one of my most favorites PT doggies. How has he been, Amy?

and of course Nebo your just a cutie :D

Katie doesn't care about fireworks. They never really bugged her.

same with Elvis, but I think he's more confused of whats going on.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Both of mine are terrified of fireworks. They won't even go outside for a potty break, and just stay by my side, like Reggie and Nebo. :(

Kfamr
07-04-2004, 01:11 AM
Mine are fine as long as they're inside, but if they're outside they bark.

aly
07-04-2004, 01:15 AM
Lolly is shaking at my feet. She has an especially hard time because of her past. She's very scared around any loud noises :(

Reece could sleep through anything.

chocolatepuppy
07-04-2004, 05:34 AM
We had fireworks all around us last night until the cops made a pass down the road! My dogs, thank goodness aren't too scared of them,just have to be careful when they go out for potty time.

lbaker
07-04-2004, 06:06 AM
My six become even more velcroie (velcroie? is that a word?)than usual. Six good sized dogs trying to get on my lap at once can be very, um... cozy :rolleyes:

Logan
07-04-2004, 06:19 AM
I knew Zipper and Lilly would be frightened, but I never thought they would be as upset as they were on Friday night. They cried and cried for us to let them come in with us (they were gated in the kitchen/den and we were in the living room). Since both cats were asleep on the sofa and Scott and I were in there with them, we didn't think it was fair to upset them, so I was up and down comforting the dogs! Even Honey was a bit upset and usually she isn't fazed. I think it was because they were being shot right outside of our backyard. Up at the street, they wouldn't have even noticed them, probably. And on top of that, we had thunder too! :eek: Poor, scared babies. I ended up turning up the volume of the radio real high in the kitchen and :o I gave them each one Benadryl (the ones I got from the vet), hoping it would ease their nerves a bit and help them sleep. I think it did. actually. I did the same thing last night, since the situation was exactly the same.....thunder, fireworks, etc.

cocker_luva
07-04-2004, 08:32 AM
my girl has been surrounded by loud noises; cars, constructions machinery, etc. so fireworks are no big deal to her.

but a friends dog, maggie mae (lab/pit bull) is deathly afraid of them. the first time she saw them we were on vacation and she kept running off to hide. her owners put her shock collar on (cuz she runs off alot, they're tryin to get her to stop) so whenever a loud boom happened, she'd run off then get zapped!! poor maggie then put the 2 and 2 together and thought big boom equals ouchy zap !!! poor girl. :( :rolleyes: :p

christrev
07-04-2004, 08:46 AM
aaaawwww it must be really upsetting to see your pets so upset by fireworks & loud bangs, forunatly we only have fireworks on bonfire night 5th Nov here (well offically anyway) which isn't to bad as it's winter when most dogs are inside anyway, Sasha seems OK with fireworks up to now but I have friends whose dogs & cats are terrified.

My sympathy is with you all, and I send cuddles to all the scared doggies.

chris

Cincy'sMom
07-04-2004, 08:53 AM
CIncy and Spot both hate it! Cincy has actually gotten much better then she was, but she still doesn't like it.

Friday night there must have been kids shooting fireworks off. At first all three dogs would bark eerytime they heard something. Finally, we got them to stop that, but Cincy and Spot were still running circles around the living room. CIncy calmed down, but Spot was still whining. Finsally, Ralph got both of them up on his lap in the chair, and they were fine after that, although CIncy slept in the big bed with us, soemthing she rarely does!

Holly's mom
07-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Holly doesn't like them. If we're outside, she will immediately run to my side and become glued to my leg.

RobiLee
07-04-2004, 10:36 AM
They are so cute and if you need more room under your desk you can always send Nebo here ;)

So far the girls seem fine with the fireworks. That hasn't been much activity with them though. Just a few the other night, but it doesn't seem to bother Katie and Tori. We plan on going down to the park to watch them and we are taking the girls with us so I'm anxious to see what they do.

Robin :)

molucass
07-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Molly is terrified of thunder and fireworks, and last night she hid all night until it was time for bed, and then she followed me upstairs to my room and slept under the bed all night.

Annie, Bailee & Felony didn't really seem to affected by it, except Felony was barking a lot. Annie barked a few times, she always has to get her 2 cents in.. ;)

Tonight we might be going somewhere so if we go, the pups are going to be in my room, in their crates with the door closed to my room so its not quite so scary and not so loud..

Uabassoon
07-04-2004, 12:12 PM
We don't have that problem here since fireworks are illegal, but I know when I lived back home the dogs hated it.