PDA

View Full Version : I'm sad...

moosmom
07-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Before going into work today, I stopped to buy cat food (realized I don't have enough money) so I went to look at the cats up for adoption. (bad move) :(

There is this gorgeous black, long haired 10 month old female with mezmerizing green eyes that looks just like my Marina Mar (RB, 2001). She was laying in the litterbox. I tried to get her to come over to me but she looked SO depressed!!!!!

That cat has been on my mind all night long, and making ME depressed!!! I want to give her a home so badly and love her like I loved my Marina Mar. But I cannot justify another cat (it would make 9) because of MY feelings. I wanted to hold her in my arms so badly but PetSmart said they have no control over the cats, that it's HEADS who are the ones that in charge of the adoptions. There was no price on the adoption fee, but I believe it's $125. I also cannot justify spending that kind of money. All night I've been telling myself that she'll get a home. Someone will come along and take her home with them.

I miss my Marina Mar terribly. I have never forgiven myself for having her pts because of her problem called Pemphigus Areolus.

I'm sorry guys. I don't mean to be such a baby about this, but there's something about this cat that just tears at my heart.

Thanks for listening. :)

Karen
07-03-2004, 10:37 PM
Just pray with all your might that she finds someone to bless as Marina Mar did you. Her beauty will find its way to someone's heart.

jazzcat
07-03-2004, 11:14 PM
{{{HUGS}}} Donna!!!

RobiLee
07-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Awwww, Donna.

{{{BIG HUGS}}} for you, girl!

I'll be praying that the pretty black kitty finds a fabulous home.

Robin :)

davidpizzica
07-04-2004, 03:07 AM
Donna, please don't be so sad! That little kitten WILL FIND a loving owner just like you. You did the best thing for Marina Mar by not letting her suffer. Donna, you are such a caring person and a caring owner and I know that little cutie will get a forever home. ((((HUGS)))) to you, sweetheart, I love you!!

lynnestankard
07-04-2004, 04:21 AM
{{{{Donna}}}}}

Oh please don't beat yourself up! Someome will fall for this very pretty sounding furbaby and give her a really good home - she sounds gorgeous.

You can't afford to buy her - so you can't afford to keep her. Sorry to be blunt but I hate the thought of you being so depressed about a situation you can't alter.

Come on - chin up - there are 8 furbabies there who need their Meowmies attention - go and cuddle xxx

Lynne

moosmom
07-04-2004, 10:57 AM
You can't afford to buy her - so you can't afford to keep her. Sorry to be blunt but I hate the thought of you being so depressed about a situation you can't alter.

Lynne, I totally agree with you. I KNOW I can't afford her, let alone feed another cat. But she just reminded me so much of Marina Mar and how much I miss her.

Every once in a great while, something triggers my depression so I guess yesterday was the day.

I'm going to stop by there before I go to work and take a picture of her.

ramanth
07-06-2004, 01:20 PM
*HUGS*

Cataholic
07-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Donna,
I know you. You made the right decision concerning Marina Mar. You can't beat yourself up, or second guess anything. It is not fair to yourself.

As to the black kittie, when you can't do anything else, you can always pray that the kitty will find a loving home, like the one your guys have.
Johanna

carole
07-06-2004, 06:29 PM
Donna I know exactly how you feel, that is how I felt about this adorable kitten, I once posted about on PT, even though I only have two cats, that is all I can afford, and I felt the same as you, I came home and cryed my eyes out, that kitty did go to a home though, and I am sure your'e lovely black kitty will as well, try to comfort yourself with that thought, I know its pure torture sometimes, and our hearts just ache, as one PT member said to me, if she was meant to be yours she will be. cheers and spirits up Donna.:)

RICHARD
07-06-2004, 06:39 PM
never apologize.......

It's just that Old Black Magic.

----------------------------------------

That old black magic has me in its spell
That old black magic that you weave so well
Icy fingers up and down my spine
The same old witchcraft when your eyes meet mine

The same old tingle that I feel inside
When that elevator starts its ride
Down and down I go, round and round I go
Like a leaf that's caught in the tide

I should stay away but what can I do
I hear your name, and I'm aflame
Aflame with such a burning desire
That only your kiss can put out the fire

You are the lover that I've waited for
The mate that fate had me created for
And every time your lips meet mine

Baby down and down I go, all around I go
In a spin, loving the spin that I'm in
Under that old black magic called love

;)

carole
07-06-2004, 06:41 PM
COOL poem Richard.!!!:)

moosmom
07-06-2004, 10:26 PM
RICHARD,

Thanks for the song. If you were here, I'd dance with you!!! ;) It put a smile on my face. All you guys are great and I appreciate your friendship.

I went and got cat food yesterday and she was still there. I did get to pet her a little with my fingers through the bars (I wanted SO badly to hold her in my arms and tell her SOMEBODY loves her) but H.E.A.D.S. wasn't around to unlock the cage.

*sigh*

leslie flenner
07-06-2004, 10:29 PM
so was she there today? what is this disorder she has exactly? I never heard of it? and when are me and calling you? (just a side note/question!) Try to keep perspective on the kitties you are caring for... (i'm not one for good advice here- Richard's poem is probably the best!!!). Keep us posted! and how is physical therapy and potato chips anyway?

moosmom
07-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Leslie,

The disease that my cat Marina Mar had was Pemphigus Areolus. It attacked her good cells that makes new skin and compromised her immune system. It formed painful scabs on her ears and to lose her fur there. They had to do a biopsy and that's what it was. Unfortunately it was in the advanced stage where it also was in her nail beds. We tried every single medication on the market, nothing worked. Finally the vet told me there was one more thing we could TRY, with no guarantees. He said it was comparable to chemotherapy and she'd get sick from it. That's when I decided I couldn't put this poor baby through any more needles, prodding, tests and anxiety and said enough was enough. It was the most difficult decision I've ever had to make. The vet gave her a small sedative to relax her. I spent time with her telling her how much I loved her and how special she was to me. A few minutes later she was gone. No more pain.

So now you know WHY this cat at PetSmart means so much to me. :(

DJFyrewolf36
07-07-2004, 11:28 AM
I know how you feel. I worked at Petsmart for a while and the cats up for adoption ALWAYS broke my heart. I was living with my parents at the time and dad is alergic to cats so I couldn't even have one :( . I wanted to take them ALL home. I did the next best thing though, I studied the personalites of all the kittes there *not hard if you're there for 8 hrs almost every day* and tried to match them with people who were compatable. It worked too!!!

$125?! The adoption fee here is only $50, and thats if you go to Petsmart. My Mr. Remus only cost $45 and I get $35 of that back when he gets the snip treatment. I KNOW vet care and such is expensive but geez!

Poor kitty. I know she will find a furrever home soon! Just keep praying for her!

leslie flenner
07-08-2004, 07:57 PM
donna, is she still there? The thing is, even though she looks like your gal, she likely doesn't have the same personality and after a short time in your home, you would see that and I don't know--- you'd still love her! What does the $125.00 cover? It's not a bad price if it covers spay, 2 distemper, rabies, and combo. However, if she is an adult cat- these may have been already paid for by previous owners in which case someone is getting $125.00 profit for feeding her and giving her a space! keep us posted (or me at least!)

moosmom
07-08-2004, 08:32 PM
Well, the thing about H.E.A.D.S. is that will NOT accept any cat that isn't spayed/neutered and utd on all their shots. This way they don't have to put out any of their OWN money towards the cat. I think that $125 is a little outrageous for a pet. But I guess that's what a new owner would pay if they did adopt from them so they're saving them the trouble, sort of. Nothing comes out of HEADS pockets.

I haven't been there since yesterday so I'm not sure if she's still there. I have to go buy more cat food, since Hannah Mae is back with me. I'll let you know then.

chrissycat21
07-08-2004, 09:11 PM
If that little kitty made you fall in love with her, I am sure that she will charm another person who will love her just as much as you would have!

-Chrissy, Snowy, and Taffy

lynnestankard
07-09-2004, 03:37 AM
Oh Donna - you're still hurting :( :(

I know just what your going through honestly - I still cry when I see a cat that reminds me of my dear Meezer Kisi - stupid I know.

{{{Hugs}}} across the miles sweetheart xxxxx

-----------------

Can I just add - Richard - I adore the Frank Sinatra version of 'That Old Black Magic' - makes me go weak at the knees:eek:

Lynne

Lillycat
07-09-2004, 04:33 AM
ive always wanted to take alllll the kitties home from petsmart or any other place that features the kitties!

moosmom
07-09-2004, 10:55 PM
I've gotta go get more cat food on my way to work tomorrow and will check to see if she's still there, not that I can do anything about it.