PDA

View Full Version : Vent...

MariaM
07-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Ok before I start, I want to say I *know* I'm not the smartest person in our family, probably the least intelligent, but sometimes I feel like I'm the smartest. At least I know I am about dogs..

Nobody in my family listens to me and it is driving me crazy. CRAZY. It seems like I'm the smartest one and they are so STUPID! Not to mention selfish... I tell them "Don't pet Major when he jumps" What do they do??? PET MAJOR WHEN HE JUMPS. I tell them "Don't let Major out of the yard when you are leaving, or else he will know that he can get away with it." What do they do??? Let him out! I tell them "Don't let Major get away with biting you. It will hurt when he gets bigger, and he won't know its wrong" What do they do?? Play with him and encourage him to bite (without knowing so, but I told them not to do what they were doing, so they SHOULD know) I tell them all this stuff and they NEVER LISTEN TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS SO ANNOYING!!!!!

It's not just with Major either. I'll be like... "Mom can I get a haircut?" and she'll be like "I'll cut off an inch in a couple weeks" (She cute our hair, all she knows how to do is trim it, not style, layer or anything like that, yes she insists we never go to a hair shop!)

So FINALLY I convince her to cut off a few inches. She does. She is practically crying. She saves my hair in a ponytail!!! Then a couple days later "You know, you're hair looks better like this" and it seems like I'M ALWAYS RIGHT! When I got my 12 inches chopped off for cancer, I had to ARGUE to do that. She was soooo against me having my hair cut! But what do you know..."You know Maria, I think I like your hair better like this" DING DING DING!

I wanted to make a cake. "I don't know...I GUESS you could if you clean up everything and be quick" later on..."This is really good cake":rolleyes:

"You know I really like Major. I don't know what we'd do without him" BUT BEFORE it was "I NEVER WANT A DOG!" Then after "We'd never have Major if it weren't for you Maria" Nooo really? That's what I was trying to tell you ALL THESE YEARS.

It seems like NOBODY listens to me, family, friends, just NOBDOY! Even my clostest friends...

heinz57_79
07-03-2004, 08:44 PM
It's an age thing... I knwo it sounds bad, but unfortunately it's the truth. The old saying Children should be seen and not heard is still very much alive. Being female doesn't help either. I get that all the time, still.

Maybe you should try a different approach... make it seem like it was THEIR idea. ;) It just takes a bit of tricky reverse psychology. Granted, it may not make anyone listen any more to you, but at least you'll know that secretly you're controlling the world!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA... oh.. sorry... that comes later. hehe :D