PDA

View Full Version : does your cat sleep at your feet?

10-16-2001, 04:39 PM
my cat polly sleeps with me every night.
she curls up at my feet and purs.in the morning she wakes me up by licking my face with her rough tounge. does anyone have a cat that sleeps curled up by thier feet at night?

[ October 19, 2001: Message edited by: SpencerTheLion ]

Cougie Wechsler
10-16-2001, 04:50 PM
Cougie sleeps on our ankles!!! :D And he will also wake us up with a kiss if we have slept too long and he is not fed!

AmberLee
10-16-2001, 06:55 PM
How sweet. Livvy usually sleeps at my feet. Cassy varies -- sometimes he sleeps between my calves, sometimes on my tummy, sometimes under the covers beside my tummy, but his favorite spot is curled up tucked in my right armpit. Now that he's gotten to be a grownup cat this takes more room than it once did. ;) Sometimes when I'm in bed reading before sleep I'm not in position for him to tuck himself in around me. He stands looking at me and grunts disapproval! I move over for him and need to tell him what a fuzzy wonderboy he is! :rolleyes: [Well, he is, but do I have to tell him daily? Guess so! :D ]

Amber

Fuzzy317
10-16-2001, 07:05 PM
Of our four cats, 3 usually sleep either at our feet, or sleep beside us sometimes. One sleeps either under or on top of our bookcase headboard (Jackson's purring is very soothing).

nsweezie
10-16-2001, 07:38 PM
Scooter has a definate routine. When I get in bed, he goes to his bed which is right next to my head on the bedside table. His bed is one of those oval dog shaped beds. He will sleep there till about 3-4 am then he climbs onto my bed, and sleeps so that his front end is on my stomach, and his rear legs are on the bed. He always, always sleeps like this.
Clyde likes to mix it up a bit. He has a couple of beds, sometimes he sleeps on a pillow next to my bed, and he also has a kitty tent that he sleeps in. Sometimes he sleeps in bed with me. The only time this has ever caused trouble is the time that Clyde jumped into Scooter's bed. Oh the confusion!

10-16-2001, 08:39 PM
my cat's fav. spot in the whole world is my blanket!she gets mad at me when it comes time to wash it! what's your cat's fav. spot in the whole world?

yorkster
10-16-2001, 10:14 PM
My M. Coon mix, Kedi, mostly sleeps on my pillow. This is the routine: When I am ready to go to sleep, I pick him up and put him on the bed/pillow. He will look at me like 'do you mind?' and then promtly jumps off the bed to go downstairs to make his rounds. This consists of checking every room downstairs, looking out the window for awhile, jumping-up on the counters (I'm sure). Then.....just about the time I am starting to fall asleep, he jumps up on the bed and goes to sleep on my pillow- the exact spot where I put him. This is always the routine whether I go to bed at 9pm or 2am. Now, my M. Coon kitten, Wylie, has to play for some time (pouncing on feet, chasing bugs, harassing the older cat). At some point he goes downstairs and chews on plants, climbs the mini-palm, etc. It's about 3-4 am when he finally gets tired and jumps on the bed. I mean he JUMPS- I think there is a running start. He lays down and goes to sleep between my hubby & me at about our knees. My Tux kitty (rainbow bridge) liked to sleep under the covers- all night, except in summer, then she would sleep at our feet. I think that covers it....

Uniqueviking
10-17-2001, 04:52 AM
Beans doesn't, but Bladie sleeps in my hair and lil Jade tries to sleep on my face literally, lol - but we compromise and she then sleeps across my neck or curled up to my neck!

Former User
10-17-2001, 05:17 AM
We can't, our stupid humans won't let us in the bedroom at all while they're sleeping. They blame that we're waking them up too early :eek: TOO EARLY??? Whatever they mean by that :confused:

purrley
10-17-2001, 06:50 AM
I only need one blanket at night since I'm surrounded by fur at my feet, my head and my sides - I love it :D :D

Logan
10-17-2001, 07:53 AM
At my house, there is only going to be one cat in the bed with me or with Helen at the same time! Good thing they have a choice, huh? :rolleyes:

Mimi's sleeping habits are that she is going to get as close to your face as possible, with all that long hair! :eek: No wonder we sneeze so much! She just stretches her little chin out across your forehead and sleeps on the pillow at the top of your head.

Butter is usually going to get on the other side of the bed and sleep peacefully (we only have queen sized beds in this house, so he can get as far away as he needs to). But I MUST report that the last few times he has stayed in all night, he has slept right between my feet!! :D That's progress!!

cr7clark
10-17-2001, 11:15 AM
Bo sleeps at my feet when it's cold and I have the electric blanket on. During warm weather, she sleeps on her kitty perch in front of the bedroom window.
She won't sleep anywhere else except at my feet or my husband's feet. I think her previous owner trained her to do this because she didn't want cats hogging the bedclothes around the neck, face and arms. :)

wolflady
10-17-2001, 12:34 PM
Marius has different sleeping patterns, but a lot of times he will make his way to the bed. If he's cold, he'll go under the covers and curl up right against me near my stomach(or back). It tickles! :D Other times, he'll sleep on top of the covers between my feet or up farther near my knees. It's funny, in the middle of the night if I try to move and can't...it's because there is a cat sleeping there...and then I feel like I shouldn't move so I don't disturb him! :rolleyes:

10-17-2001, 12:44 PM
EVEN SOMETIMES MY CAT IS WALKING AROUND TRYING TO FIND A SPOT TO SLEEP, SO I PUT HER ANYWHERE. SHE DOESN'T MIND I DON'T THINK BECAUSE SHE SLEEPS AT THE SPOT I PUT HER WITHOUT MOVING!

10-17-2001, 12:44 PM
EVEN SOMETIMES MY CAT IS WALKING AROUND TRYING TO FIND A SPOT TO SLEEP, SO I PUT HER ANYWHERE. SHE DOESN'T MIND I DON'T THINK BECAUSE SHE SLEEPS AT THE SPOT I PUT HER WITHOUT MOVING! :D

NoahsMommy
10-17-2001, 02:31 PM
Noah has jsut recently taken up sleepin on my pillow, above my head. But for the past two night, cuddles my head at night! This morning, he tried to lay on my head for a nap! It's silly, but oh so cute! :D

10-17-2001, 03:03 PM
YEAH THEY CAN BE VERY CUTE! MY DAISY LIKES THE PILLOW THE BEST INSTEAD OF POLLY.

yorkster
10-17-2001, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by purrley:
<STRONG>I only need one blanket at night since I'm surrounded by fur at my feet, my head and my sides - I love it :D :D</STRONG>

I love it too purrley! It's so soothing to have the warm, purring bodies around you at night.

10-17-2001, 06:16 PM
yeah?polly was being mean to daisy last night so she couldn't sleep with me. :( she was nice this morning! :P

Efrat
10-18-2001, 02:44 AM
When Gucci was our only cat he used to sleep next to my feet, or on them (Do you know the feeling when you wake up and something really heavy is on you? your legs are num, but you don't want to wake him up...)
Now he only does it once in a while, and only in the winter.
Tsoomi is always hot, so he never sleeps with us- he only comes to wake us up too early sometimes.
And my two new kittens are still sleeping in a different room because our older cats might play too hard with them at night- if you know what I mean..

tmckay
10-18-2001, 10:50 AM
Otie sleeps at the foot of the bed.

Mir sleeps either on my pillow or if she's cold, under the covers, with her head on the pillow facing me. She likes to either wedge her head under my chin or sometimes she lays her head on my cheek, if I'm sleeping on my side. She is the sweetest!

gini
10-18-2001, 11:02 AM
Usually I read in bed before going to sleep. If I am late going to bed, Rascal comes in to tell me about it. The minute I get into bed he backs his butt into me as close as he can get along my side and then plunks down. In the middle of the night he moves as I move, but is only a few inches away at any given time. It is a great feeling.

Gio
10-19-2001, 08:45 AM
Prema very rarely lets any of the others sleep on my, oops her bed. :D

I have to admit, if she's not in bed by a certain hour I go and look for her since I seem to sleep better when she's there :o

yorkster
10-19-2001, 05:25 PM
Efrat, I just looked at the pics of your kitties- they are beautiful! Is one gray and the other black, or are they both gray? They looked both gray, with one being darker.

4 feline house
12-11-2001, 06:06 PM
Oops! Everyone can ignore this, there's nothing new, I accidently posted to it instead of the "Farruska!" thread when I was getting Gio's and Farruska's email addresses! I then deleted it but saw it was still on top as if a new reply had posted! Sorry!