PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone like the Outlander-Books by Diana Gabaldon?

Kirsten
07-03-2004, 01:47 PM
I love these books, especially the first one!!! :)

Is anyone else here who's a fan of these books?
They are very popular in Germany btw.

Kirsten

Kirsten
07-04-2004, 10:59 AM
No one ever heard of them? - Outander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, Drums of Autumn and The Fiery Cross.....? They're soooo cool! A mysterious journey back into the Scottish Highlands of 1743 and a wonderful love story! *sigh* LOL

Kirsten

lynnestankard
07-05-2004, 12:03 PM
I've never read them Kirsten - but as I'm always on the look-out for a new author - guess what I'll be getting next? :eek: :eek:

Lynne

Denyce
07-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Yes I do love them! I really don't care much for romance books at all but I really liked these. There is another series you might like then that is similar to Diana Gabaldon's books only without the time travel. They are by an author named Sara Donati. The title of the first book is Into the Wilderness.

Denyce

lynnestankard
07-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the heads up Denyce - so thats Sara Donati to add to the list! Great :D

Lynne

Maresche
07-06-2004, 11:47 AM
I thoroughly enjoy the Outlander series. I haven't read the Fiery Cross yet as I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback. I try to limit myself to paperback purchases to keep the size and weight of my collection down. ^_^

Kirsten
07-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Lynne, you won't regret it! :) Jamie is the coolest guy I ever "met" in a book! ;)

Denyce, I haven't heard of Sara Donati but I will look for her books! :)

Maresche, as far as I know, The Fiery Cross is available as a paperback already. Here in Germany, it is. I'm like you, I also prefer paperbacks, for the same reasons. :)

Kirsten

Maresche
07-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Thank you Kirsten. I have to admit that I haven't looked for a copy of it recently.

Kirsten
07-06-2004, 03:56 PM
Yes, it took a long time till it's been released. The other day, I came across it in the book store when I was looking for something else and - of course - bought it immediately! :)

Kirsten

Denyce
07-08-2004, 01:29 PM
I used to collect all my books in hard back. Well the ones that are in series. Now I have so blasted many books that I can't possibly keep buying hard backs. Besides how much the cost of books has risen.

I hope you all try the Donati series. She even mentions Jaime and Claire Fraser in them. Quite cool.

Denyce

Kirsten
07-08-2004, 02:42 PM
I hope you all try the Donati series. She even mentions Jaime and Claire Fraser in them. Quite cool.

Oh wow, that's cool! :) I have to try them. :)

Kirsten