PDA

View Full Version : Angus's Checkup Yesterday

anna_66
07-03-2004, 07:04 AM
I know I should put this in dog health, but I just wanted to make sure you all seen it.

I'd say he's back to his old self again. Of course that old self just isn't what it used to be. He was laying in kitchen on the linoleum and couldn't get up...I had to help him:(

We went to the vets yesterday and she gave him an adjustment again (kind like chiropractic for dogs). It just seems to help him with his mobility. And we've decided to try something different (an estrogen-yep you heard me right!-DES) for his piddling problem expecially now that he's taking the prednizone it's even worse. So hopefully that will work.

He's just been unusually restless for the last 3 days. I thought maybe he was constipated since I hadn't seem him poo but she said it wasn't hard and he should have no problem. But just in case he got another med(Metoclopramide 10mg) to help move whatever he eats from "the mouth to the anus" as she put it. So hopefully no problems with that right now.

She said honestly she suspects him having some sort of cancer. But the bad thing is for some reason his blood levels won't read right I guess we'll just have to keep trying different things as time goes on. It was really hard to see him feel sooo good after he got out of the hospital and then now see him declining into his old self again. I guess that's just part of life though isn't it.

Please just still keep him in your prayers. A little prayer never hurt anyone

Thanks for listening!

Kfamr
07-03-2004, 07:16 AM
Oh Anna. :(

More hugs, thoughts, and love coming from FL. You know how much we love that boy, and I for one will never stop thinking of you guys.

{{big, big hugs}}

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-03-2004, 07:42 AM
More prayers on the way for Angus!!!

Keep us updated.

Angus,
You start feeling better soon pup! It was so good to see you up and running around when you came home from the doctor... I love you Angus boy... {{{HUGS}}}

*HUGS* for you too Anna.... Angus will be in my prayers until he is 100% better!

dukedogsmom
07-03-2004, 07:52 AM
Angus, please get better! If not just for your mama but for us all! We're a little selfish and don't want you leaving us. I'm sorry that you're not feeling as good as you were when you first got home. It makes us all sad. You're such a special boy to us all. Hope you get to feeling better really soon!

Sudilar
07-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Hang in there, Big Boy!!! We're not ready to lose you yet.

I can sympathize with you, Anna. When they are up in years and sickly, it is so hard. Every morning and every time I walk in the front door, I wonder if Killian will still be there to greet me. The other day, he wasn't at the front door waiting.....I thought I'd have a heart attack! BUT, there he was at the top of the stairs, peeking out.....he must have been soundly asleep. We have to take every precious day with the seniors as we get them. All we can do is love them. Big hugs!

K9soul
07-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Angus, sweetheart, you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Feel better big guy.

Anna, I truly hope the med changes will help the big boy feel better.

Karen
07-03-2004, 09:05 AM
Big hugs to the smushy-face boy! It is never easy, as others have said, to see a beloved pet become infirm with age.

Does prednizone affect his appetite like it does mine? The few times I have been on it, it makes me starvingly hungry - I FEEL like I could eat the whole world. Of course I cannot, but it sure seems like it. It's funny because it affects my brother's appetite the opposite way. When he has been on prednizone, he has no appetite at all, and has to be reminded to eat.

Love you, Angus! And Anna, too, and Roxy and Huney and everyone else!

shais_mom
07-03-2004, 09:42 AM
Oh Anna. I am so sorry to hear that :( But I will certainly keep the big boy in my thoughts and prayers!!

Angus we Love you!

ChrisH
07-03-2004, 10:04 AM
Love and hugs dear Angus. Ever in my prayers.

Cincy'sMom
07-03-2004, 10:45 AM
More prayers and positive thoughts for Angus.

lizbud
07-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Hi Anna,

Sudilar is right. Every day with our older dogs is a gift.:)
One thing I did with Buddy when he started to have problems
getting up from a resting position was put throw rugs & runners
with foam backing on all slippery surfaces. It really helped him
get a grip with his feet.

I do hope that sweet Angus stays comfortable & enjoys his
senior years for a long while yet. Hugs & kisses Angus. :)

DogLover9501
07-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Oh, Anna :(

Like Kay said, you know how much we all love that boy ;) I still think about him alot, I will keep good thoughts comming and prayers...

Please feel better soon, Angus :(

tatsxxx11
07-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Oh Anna:( Let's hope it's just a little setback. And hopefully, the adjustment of meds will do the trick. I think of you every day, sweet Angus and you are always in my prayers. We love you. And big hugs to you Anna. You're one terrifc mom to your precious boy. Love, Sandra, Cody and Star.

stacwase
07-03-2004, 12:02 PM
I've been watching for an Angus update.

You're taking such good care of him. While it's really sad that he's so sick, it's also very uplifting to see an animal so loved and cared for, from the beginning to the end. It's inspiring, in a sad way.

Thanks for being an inspiration. Hugs to you and Angus.

MariaM
07-03-2004, 12:09 PM
Positive thoughts going your way Angus! :) I know it's hard, but you just gotta love him and love him, and he'll be a happy dog!

Cheshirekatt
07-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Awww....sweet Angus. We all love you and are thinking lots of positive good thoughts for you. Elvis sends some old man purrs and head bumpies for you.

Anna, it's so hard to watch our wonderful old guys get, well...old, isn't it? I've just been hugging and lovin' on Elvis every chance I get. Please be sure to give Angus a big hug from me. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
07-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Lots of hugs and prayers on the way from me too! Hang in there Angus my friend!

Sudilar
07-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Does prednizone affect his appetite like it does mine? The few times I have been on it, it makes me starvingly hungry - I FEEL like I could eat the whole world.
Karen, Killian is on pred for the rest of his life, too. He also has liver disease. Because of liver-d he would go for days not eating or eating very little. He wouldn't even eat goodies. I used to cry over it all the time. From the day he started on pred for his autoimmune disease, he has never refused to eat since!!! He begs for food now!!!! The bad thing is that the pred has now caused Cushings. :(

slick
07-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Oh Anna, I wish I could reach through this monitor and hig you a big hug and I wish I had a magic wand so wave over Angus. Please know that my prayers for you and Angus will continue forever.

heinz57_79
07-03-2004, 08:31 PM
Hang in there, Angus! Your mom worries about you, and so do the rest of us. We all need you to stay healthy for a little while longer, at least. We love you, handsome! Give your mom a couple reassuring kisses from all of us here at the House of 52 Paws! :) We're running out of room for our candles! ;)

RubyMutt
07-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the update, he's been on my mind a lot recently.

Be strong, sweet Angus! We love you!

RobiLee
07-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Anna,

Like I have said before I wish I had some magical words to say that would make everything better. Angus you hang in there buddy. There are a lot of people here who care about you.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of Love....Robin

anna_66
07-04-2004, 08:17 AM
Thanks for your kind words everyone, they mean so much to me.

And Karen, yep he's hungry all the time:p

Right now we'll just keep on loving him and hope he gets to be with us for a little long. I'm just happy to have the big boy home:D

christrev
07-04-2004, 08:36 AM
I really really hope Angus feels a little better real soon, It is so heartbreaking when our furkids are poorly, just hang in thiere my prayers are with you both.

chris

trayi52
07-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Anna, just want to let you know there are still prayers and good thoughts coming from Tennessee for our special boy, Angus. Sending him a great big burst of energy and strength too!

Thanks for the update, Anna!

Willie:)

captain
07-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Angus, you gorgeous, gorgeous boy ..........{{{{hugs}}}}} to you and your Mum ........... get better sweetheart.

delidog
07-05-2004, 05:08 AM
Oh Anna,
OfCourse ...Many More Prayers & Positive thoughts are on their way for Sweet Angus....

He needs Lots of TLC now...and Hes' in the Right House to get All He Needs & Wants!!!!
Big Hugs for You ALL!!!

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Hugs to Angus. I hope that the new meds work well. (PPA made Oreo very restless, and when she switched to DES, it subsided.) I hope he feels more comfortable soon.

dukedogsmom
07-06-2004, 09:40 AM
Dear Angus, I hope you're feeling better now. Just wanted you to know we're still thinking about you.

ParNone
07-06-2004, 11:11 AM
Positive thoughts headed out to Angus.

ramanth
07-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Lots of love and prayers for Angus. *HUGS*

momoffuzzyfaces
07-06-2004, 12:19 PM
(((HUGS + ANGUS)))
(((HUGS + ANNA)))

Logan
07-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the update, Anna. I'm sorry I didn't see it before now. Enjoy every day. That's what Scott and I have decided we must do with Murphy, as well, knowing that the years are adding up for her.

Hugs to Angus, Roxey and Huney too, from us!!! :)

Logan, Honey, Lilly, Murphy and Zipper

anna_66
07-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Awww thanks everyone!

I must say my big boy has been doing pretty good for the last few days. But I'm still going to live everyday like it's his last, with lots of love attention. You just never realize exactly how much you love them until you almost loose them (not that I didn't love him tons before:p ).

And let me ask you...does this look like a boy who we thought we were going to loose just a couple of weeks ago?!
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A5/F4/FF/A5F4FF/viewable/A5F4FF_131CC0237035_5.jpg
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A5/F4/FF/A5F4FF/viewable/A5F4FF_131CC0237035_7.jpg

I am babysitting my neice tonight and she was all over him. Laying on him, pulling his hair, grabbing his feet and more or less just pestering him and he just layed there and let her! She spent most of her time in the kitchen with him:) He does something new almost every day to amaze me:D
Just to think about how wonderful he is with her is enough to make me start to tear up. Because I know how much she loves him & he loves her just as much but he won't be a part of her life for much longer:(

Ok, this started off to be a happy post and I've just totally turned it around:o Sorry didn't mean to get sappy! Just thought I'd share a little good news:)

Sudilar
07-06-2004, 10:05 PM
What precious pictures!!!

captain
07-07-2004, 12:17 AM
Oh Anna,
You had me in tears too .............

Love to you, Angus, and the girls!

Pam
07-07-2004, 06:19 AM
Anna I went searching especially this morning for news of Angus. I haven't been able to spend much time lately on the internet because our connection has been flaky. :rolleyes: Thank you for your updates. I can hear the fear in your posts but, as Logan says, taking one day at a time is all you can do and your words "living each day like it was his last" are truly words of wisdom. We should all be thankful for each day, each hour, each minute. The pictures with your niece literally made me cry. What a precious boy he is. Even the little ones are drawn to him just as all of us are. Did the vet mention that he is in any pain? I think that would be my worry, that he would be in pain and I wouldn't know. Dogs are so stoic and are able to bear so much without even giving us a clue that they are hurting sometimes. You, Mark and Angus remain in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs))) We love your big boy!

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-07-2004, 06:28 AM
awwww

The pictures of Angus and your niece are so sweet! Angus is still in my prayers!!:)

Kfamr
07-07-2004, 06:57 AM
Those pictures are so sweet Anna. What a good boy he is.
I was so surprised at the meeting, how you'd been talking about how big and bad :p he is... yet there he was letting even the youngest pup, Tori, hang out with him.

You have a very special boy there Anna.... and even if he doesn't have much time left, just think of all those wonderful years you had with him....

{{HUGS}}

RobiLee
07-07-2004, 07:15 AM
Awww, Angus...I'm all choked up. What a true gentleman you are! You have stolen all of our hearts. We love you, big boy!

You said it best, Anna! "Live each day like it were the last" How lucky Angus is to have such great parents and most of all how lucky you and Mark are to have that sweet boy! I know you have given each other so much love and that love will always be there.

What great pictures of Angus and your neice! What a cutie she is! When those 2 are together like that make sure you take lots of pictures and that way when your neice is older she will be able to look back at those pictures and know how much Angus loved her.

Great Big Hugs For Angus And His Family! {{{{HUGS}}}}

We love you all......Robin, Katie and Tori :)

robinh
07-07-2004, 07:37 AM
Anna, I pray every morning that Angus will have lots more time with you.

I'm so glad to see that he is feeling better. I have to admit he is one of my favorite PT furkids.

anna_66
07-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Did the vet mention that he is in any pain? I think that would be my worry, that he would be in pain and I wouldn't know.
No, she doesn't think he's in any pain. That was my worry too.

Oh, I have to tell you this. Last night shortly after I posted on how good he was doing I went over to check him (I seem to do it all the time now). He was laying there with this eyes wide open. I thought for sure he was dead. He gave me the scare of my life:eek: He slept most of the night with his eyes open. Does any one else's dog do this? And no, his second eye lid wasn't over it. It was very scarey looking!
He's good today just tired after his long evening with my niece:)

chocolatepuppy
07-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Anna, Angus is still in my thoughts and prayers,as are you and your family. He's such a beautiful boy!

dukedogsmom
07-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Anna, that would have scared me, too! I get so sad thinking about the situation sometimes. But, I'm so thankful that he's home with you and can be as happy as he can right now. The pics are so cute. He's such a great boy. I know he knows you all love him so much. I hope he's around for a long time, yet.

tatsxxx11
07-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Oh Anna!!! What a scare that must have given you:( My Cody does that too...she'll "sleep" for hours with her eyes open and more than once has scared the life out of me.

Anna, I know the emotional rollocoaster that you're on...I went through that with my beloved Jingles. But, as has already been said so beautifully by so many, just take one day at a time and enjoy every single moment of every day. Even now, despite his illness, he continues to bring so much love, so many smiles to so many. The pictures of him and your niece just melted my heart:) Angus, you've got the BIGGEST heart:):):) We love you sweet boy!