PDA

View Full Version : HOLY COW!!! It's raining so hard around here...

QueenScoopalot
07-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Cats & kittens along with torrential downpours and wild thunder/lightening as well. Yet another litter freshly born yesterday in a yard nearby. Poor mama cat is barely 10 months and she had SIX kittens!:eek: :eek: :eek: I'm glad I got them when I did, or else they may have drowned the way it was raining. I'm also busy in another area trapping. One kitten & a friendly mama left, I caught two last night. Horrible jungle that they're hiding in. I've ripped up the muscles in my arm going up the 6' high wall and then I got smart and brought a ladder. It's still tough going though, slippery, and such a steep hillside I have to prop a stick in front of the food to prevent it from sliding under the trap trigger!:rolleyes: I'm getting too old for this....and it's not slowing down any! :(

rg_girlca
07-02-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm so glad you were able to get them before the rains came.
I am truly at a loss for words everytime I read one of your threads. It is unbelievable how devoted and hard working you are to rescue these precious cats and kittens.
If I lived closer to you, you can believe me when I say, I would be right by your side to help you.
You are one true remarkable woman.

Laura's Babies
07-02-2004, 08:57 PM
One remarkable person, that is what you are.. The effort you go to, to rescue these sweethearts is above and beyond the call of duty! My hat off to you and I send you my love and admiration for what you are doing.

Lucky's Maw Maw
07-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Tremendous job!!! I worked for the first time in an animal shelter today and see wj=hat hard work it is and how dedicated you are. Keep up the GREAT work!!!

smokey the elder
07-03-2004, 08:00 AM
You are my hero!!! I can't believe you can do all this.

catmandu
07-03-2004, 08:39 AM
You are the Hero,at The Found Cats Hotel,as well,and likea Good Mother,you clean up the messes, that the Grown Up Brats,leave behind!There are no words that I canuse,to describe how important that tne work,that you do is!

QueenScoopalot
07-03-2004, 02:22 PM
But I'll keep it up until I drop! :rolleyes: ;) I'm having a dickens of a time locating the last kitten in this awful jungle of Japanese bamboo, and ragweed that's way over my head already. It was so slick on the hillside yesterday from the rain that my feet went flying out from under me. :eek: Mama cat is such a lazy little girl I've named her Lazy Daisy. She goes into a woodshed under a house to get out of the rain, and leaves her kitten out in the waterfall! She's reclining in the jungle and no signs of the remaining kitten today. She is all muted tortie colors and blends in too well in the shadows to top it off. I brought one littermate in a carrier last night to try to lure the tortie kitten out, but gave up at midnight. The fireworks around the area are awful with those quarter-sticks of dynamite going off right and left, it's no wonder the kitten is laying low. I'll get her sooner or later! GRRR!!! Her two littermates have very sweet dispositions considering they're over 3 months old already. Cutie-pies too. And new mama is doing well with her six pack of wee ones. Too soon to take any pictures as she's scared and protective. But I'll get some if I'm ever home long enough! :D :D :D

Randi
07-03-2004, 03:30 PM
WOW, you certainly are a hero!! :) I admire you so for doing this - and I'm sure the kitties love you!!

..... Reminds me, time to go down and feed Pjevs in the yard. It's been raining buckets here too.