PDA

View Full Version : Escape Artist

catnapper
07-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Grant and I were getting into the car to go out. I was already seated, and starting to snap my seatbelt when I looked up to see someone who looked very familiar lounging in the sun underneath a bush. Oooohhhh, he was happy as can be rolling around in the dirt and soaking up the rays!

Grant was starting to put the car in reverse when I throw the door open and run to get my boy... He was about to ask what on Earth I was doing (well, using a bit stronger language :D ) when he looked up and saw me running after Pouncer! Pouncer saw me coming and took a running leap towards the back door.

We would all like to know how he got outside! Because less than ten minutes prior, we were petting him in the bedroom. Nobody came or left the house other than Grant and me, but he was already lounging and comfy when I saw him, so its not possible he slipped out as we left to get to the car. Is it possible that he's found a secret exit? I know that Allen found one when he was a kitten, could Pouncer have too? Allen's secret exit is still boarded up. I'm glad to know that if he ever gets out that he won't go far (at least right away :rolleyes: ) This makes twice this week that he's gotten outsdie unattended! BAD Pouncer! Nawtee Pouncer!

trayi52
07-02-2004, 09:45 PM
I believe Pouncer is still the nawtee boy! LOL, he must have a secret passage that you don't know about. He is becoming 007, better watch that little rascal!

I am so glad you noticed him, Kim! You outsmarted the little escape artist!

Willie:)

Laura's Babies
07-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Pouncer, you are at it again, huh boy? NawTee boy!!

kimlovescats
07-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Sorry, Pouncer ... but I have to agree with Mommy on this one
NAWTEE BOY!!!:eek:

catmandu
07-03-2004, 09:20 AM
Poor Pouncer,just wants to roll,inthe dirt,nad doesnt realize that there can be danger outside! JJJ3 is the same way,only he is strong enough,to bull the door open,and run out!

CatMama78
07-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Now that is a nawtee thing to do Pouncer. Please stay inside Pouncer - no more escaping!! We love you Pouncer :)

slick
07-03-2004, 11:37 AM
:eek: Talk about nawtee!!!! Next thing you know you'll be renaming him Houdini!!!

catcrazylady
07-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Pouncer I usually defend you buddy but not this time! That is NAWTEE, NAWTEE!!! You could get yourself hurt young man! You better stop scaring your momma too! You are just too smart and sneaky for your own good!

catnapper
07-03-2004, 12:57 PM
I couldn't sleep well last night at all... I kept thinking about what could have happend while he was out soaking up the sun. what if he was out the entire time we were goen and decided to wander? Then my mind went to what if someone else found him and decided to keep him (he's still not wearing a collar) I had to go downstairs to prove to myself that he was still in the house!

rg_girlca
07-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Oh Pouncer, not nice at all to scare mommy like that.
NAWTEE, NAWTEE boy for sure.(But, still oh so cute.)

Not to take anything away from your post catnapper, but that reminds me of the time when I was going down my front stairs and heard this cat meowing. I turned and saw a cat on my neighbours gallery, kinda of curled up in a ball looking scared. I said 'What's the matter sweetie," and as it approached me, I realized it was MY (RB) Scooter. Boy was I shocked. I didn't even see him go out the door.

It's amazing how fast they can be.:eek:

I am so glad that you spotted him when you did and brought him back into the safety of the house.

Kirsten
07-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Ugh, how scary!! :eek: Glad that you saw him before you left!! Could it be he sneaked out of the door with you when you walked out? My girls are trying that sometimes.

Lily of course believes now that Pouncer only escaped because he's been on his way to her! Silly girl! LOL

Pouncer, better don't do that again, it's a dangerous world out there, and you're scaring your mommy!

Kirsten

Barbara
07-04-2004, 03:48 PM
Or it was Pouncer's twin and you'll never know until you see both of them in your bed:D