PDA

View Full Version : Call it fate... kismet...

catnapper
07-02-2004, 09:40 AM
call it payabcks... whatever you want, but it looks like I'm finally getting my just due!

I'll try to make a long story short: Last October, I was "laid off" because "work was slow" We all knew the reason: They think I botched one too many jobs and let me go before they lost their #1 client. This client was my ONLY client, they were that important. When I left my job, the client stood by me and gave me little jobs on the side that I was previously doing for them with my old company (hmmm.... makes you wonder why they'd do that if they thought I was the reason behind the bothced jobs doesn't it?)

So I started my own company with them as my only client doing the little accessories for them. Its not been lucrative, but has paid the bills, and I'm able to happily work from home - completely stress free. Anyway, I recently hooked up with someone I used to work well with from a previous company. Thats become a really good alliance for both of us. She's been trying to get her foot in the door of my only client for two years now, but now that she has me on her side, things look a little different! When she called the client yesterday to tell them about us, it was an interesting call....

Know what the response was?
"Well, I think I'm ready to find another vendor" (that would be us) "Can you show me some typicals, and what product lines you carry?"
She never once mentioned the brand she's CONTRACTURALLY BOUND to buy from my old comany!!!
My partner siad, "well, you know I'm working with Kim. You know her work and you know she knows what she's doing."
The client said "True. I'd like to meet with both of you and see if perhaps we can do something."

YIPPIE!!

Looks like my former company's about to loose their #1 client to the person they blamed all problems on!!!! Take THAT you lousy company!!!

NoahsMommy
07-02-2004, 12:11 PM
ha ha!! Paybacks truly are a B*t*h!!! ;)

BCBlondie
07-02-2004, 04:27 PM
You go girl!!! Show 'em whatcha got! :D

Aspen and Misty
07-02-2004, 04:34 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is SOOOOO exiting!!!!!!!!!!

Ash :D

Cincy'sMom
07-02-2004, 07:09 PM
Awesome news for you!! Glad to see a company get "paid back" for blaming low man (or woman) onthe totem pole!

jenluckenbach
07-02-2004, 08:02 PM
~WOO HOO~

***DANCES***

:D:D:D:D

kimlovescats
07-02-2004, 09:10 PM
YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!!:D

heinz57_79
07-02-2004, 10:21 PM
WOOOO HOOOOOO!!! :D

davidpizzica
07-03-2004, 05:02 AM
I love it when the employee can fight back against the company and WIN!

moosmom
07-04-2004, 11:09 AM
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p to your old stinkin company!!!

Way to go girl!! Good luck, I KNOW you'll do well!! I am so happy for you.

Uabassoon
07-04-2004, 12:08 PM
That wonderful news :)