PDA

View Full Version : WHY does it have to be so loud????

NoahsMommy
07-02-2004, 12:23 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Seriously why the H*LL do movies and the stupid video/computer games have to be so freaking LOUD to enjoy???

Someone has to have a good reason for this. My annoying husband always watches movies sooooo loud and I HATE it! My home is supposed to be calm, quiet and serene, not LOUD and uncomfortable!!!

Am I missing something? Does he need a hearing aid?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kfamr
07-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Oh my gosh... REALLY!!

My dad and your husband are alot alike... maybe they do need hearing aids? :p

countrycowgirl
07-02-2004, 12:35 AM
OMG! I think its a guy thing cause my brother and my dad do the exact same thing and it annoys teh heck out of me and my mom when we can't even hear what we are saying

G.P.girl
07-02-2004, 12:38 AM
ok. the most annoying LOUD noise ever: motorcylce racing!!!!
my mom's boyfriend watches it every sunday morning, and it's sooooo LOUD! and it's just ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR eRRRRR ERERERER eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrreeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr eeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrr. (that's the motorcycles' engine noise lol) and i don't know why he has to have it that loud, there's nothing to listen to except EEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRREeeEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR....can you tell it's gets me mad? ;) :rolleyes:

MariaM
07-02-2004, 12:41 AM
OMG I HATE loudness! Anything loud, I can't stand. Wether it's Major's barking, or people talking to eachother from different rooms/floors, I just hate noise!

heinz57_79
07-02-2004, 01:00 AM
My dad DOES need a hearing aid... I HATE it when he comes to visit and insists on watching tv. the volume is always CRANKED so when I go to turn it on after he's been watching it's like YAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! ugh... I wish he'd learn to grow old gracefully and put in the darn hearing aid. *sigh* :rolleyes: Men.......

lynnestankard
07-02-2004, 05:01 AM
It's NOT just me?!!! Oh thank goodness!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Don's just the same - music, radio ore television - crank up the volume!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I yell over 'Could you turn it down a bit love - my ears are bleeding'! He tuts at me!!! :mad: :mad:
I've actually watched him turn up the volume during a fight scene - no talking just NOISE!! Why do that?
:mad:

When I get in the car - the volume is sooooo loud it hurts! :mad: :mad:

At the cinema - same thing - just how loud do they have to have it?? Too B%^^*$ loud!

I know that Don does have a hearing problem round about 6 k/herts - but thats on the low end of the hearing register.

(storms off, ranting and raving..................)

Lynne

Cookiebaker
07-02-2004, 05:21 AM
This is the very reason I avoid movie theatres. Especially when the previews play, I feel so nauseaus from the fast pace and it being so loud. I hate that!

Logan
07-02-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Seriously why the H*LL do movies and the stupid video/computer games have to be so freaking LOUD to enjoy???

Someone has to have a good reason for this. My annoying husband always watches movies sooooo loud and I HATE it! My home is supposed to be calm, quiet and serene, not LOUD and uncomfortable!!!

Am I missing something? Does he need a hearing aid?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Add the "must have" surround sound and it's even worse, isn't it, Kelly? You have hit on one of my biggest complaints! :o I don't like television very much, anyway, and I certainly don't want it thundering in the living room where I can't even think straight or hear what I might be choosing to watch in the kitchen or bedroom.

Sorry for your woes (we don't even have video games), but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who deals with this and is bothered by it! :D

Cataholic
07-02-2004, 09:49 AM
I am convinced it is from habit that people turn things up/listen to them loud. I obviously disclude people with hearing problems.

I try to talk softer when people are talking really loud, or just ask them, "why are you screaming"? With the tv, I would just turn it down....easy for me to say, since none of the cats fight me for the remote. :D

Cinder & Smoke
07-02-2004, 10:12 AM
:(
Dad getz carried away wiffa LOUD :mad: buttin
onna TeeVee Re-mote, too!

Anna Fiur Skanner Radio! Dat'z ALLUZ set purdy :eek: "loud" ...
so if IT'z *yappin* wiff Cop-Talk - da TeeVee getz *kranked* ta
drown out da Skanner... :rolleyes:

Den da REEL "Pet Peeve" ...
Dad fallin a-sleep wiffa finner onna Re-mote Channel Changur Buttin!

Eber try ta *watch* a neet kommercial wiff Aminalz doin sumpin kute...
While da durn TeeVee is flippin thru allua channelz
Lickity-Split!?? :( :mad:

DAD! WAKE UP an Quit Dat!! :mad:

Amber
07-02-2004, 12:16 PM
My dad is the same. Everytime he is watching a DVD he has it SO loud that my walls shake. :p I can here is clear over in my room , and thats far!

My brother always has his games so loud too. I always have to tell him to turn it down, or shut his door. Still doesn't work!

popcornbird
07-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
:(
Dad getz carried away wiffa LOUD :mad: buttin
onna TeeVee Re-mote, too!

Anna Fiur Skanner Radio! Dat'z ALLUZ set purdy :eek: "loud" ...
so if IT'z *yappin* wiff Cop-Talk - da TeeVee getz *kranked* ta
drown out da Skanner... :rolleyes:

Den da REEL "Pet Peeve" ...
Dad fallin a-sleep wiffa finner onna Re-mote Channel Changur Buttin!

Eber try ta *watch* a neet kommercial wiff Aminalz doin sumpin kute...
While da durn TeeVee is flippin thru allua channelz
Lickity-Split!?? :( :mad:

DAD! WAKE UP an Quit Dat!! :mad:

He he he. I guess its a *man* thing then. :p My brother turns the music/radio/whatever SO loud when he's driving that I want to jump out of the car!!! I can't stand noise either.

RICHARD
07-02-2004, 12:40 PM
What bugs me is changing channels on the cable....

You get a real soft noise level on a channel, so you turn up the sound......when you change the station...................BOOM!!!!!!

catnapper
07-02-2004, 12:48 PM
Yup... my husband's the same way. I consider it to be "noise pollution" He can;t spend two mintues of quiet without the tv or the radio (when we're in the car.) Then if he tries to have a conversation with me, I try to turn down the volume and he gets upset... but hey, I'm not about to scream a conversation to compete with a loud tv or radio!

What gets me is that he falls asleep to this. He'll be snoring up a storm... ZZZZZZZZZ. Then I reach over to turn off the tv and he says "HEY! I was watching that!" :rolleyes: It was sheer bliss when he was away on a road trip earlier this week. I didn't have the tv on once in the whole time he was gone! Ahhhhh, peace and quiet!

Aspen and Misty
07-02-2004, 01:01 PM
:) I have hearing Problems (Many many BAD BAD ear aches as a child) and I watch t.v. Really loud! LOL. My sister is always like why do you have it up so loud? And I'm like Geez! I was about to turn it up more :rolleyes:

The other thing I do that REALLY annoys people is I talk EXTREMLY loud. Normally when I am talking loud I think I am talking to softly :rolleyes: So now I wisper when I talk and talk at a normal level :rolleyes: There is something really messed up in my brain :p

Ash

CatMama78
07-02-2004, 03:06 PM
I hate loud too! I use to be so scared of firecrackers and the vacuum cause of the noise, lol. NO, I'm not scared anymore :p . Anyways my pet peeve is how movies are so darn loud during the music and fight scenes, but not as loud when there is conversation going on, so you have to turn it up and then all of a sudden WHAM, there's blaring kabooms or songs going on argh!