PDA

View Full Version : And my sweet x-feral Joey!

QueenScoopalot
07-01-2004, 11:36 PM
Joey was one of many kittens and cats I rescued behind a restaurant along a busy highway RT#1 ..I had gone there time and time again and had seen all these kittens and cats everywhere. I realised nobody else was going to do anything about the growing problem, so I did something. I TNR as many cats as I could trap, placed misc. ones that were dumped back there like "Paisley" who was a sweet mulitcolored girl, skin & bones. Two days after getting her in she started to vomit & vomit, until what was the entire shrink wrapped hotdog package (in various pieces) was thrown up. I was amazed it didn't tear through her stomach! :eek: :eek: :eek: I also caught Zeke who is a cerebellar hypoplasia kitty. (use your search engines all who have no clue). Many of the kittens I trapped were very stunted for their age, which I had guessed at 4 months. Took them in for first vet visit & shots and all were over six months! :eek: Sweet Pea is one heck of a character, but her and Joey don't like each other anymore sad to say. So Sweet Pea is the resisdent 'wash&whack' service in the bedroom, and Joey when the mood hits is Romeo himself! He lets me kiss one kitty cheek, then turns his head so I can kiss his other one! Sweet boy! Sad to report...the entire TNR colony is now depleted. Coyotes, fox etc. killed the whole colony. :( :( :( But here's Joey about a week after I trapped him! http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/scan0008.jpg He's now almost 10!

catcrazylady
07-02-2004, 06:46 AM
Look at that beautful boy!!!!!! Oh he is so handsome!!! Did you keep him or was he adopted?
I'm so sorry for the loss of the others but at least you stepped in and tried to help. It is more than anyone else was doing!
That is one handsome kitten and I have always wanted a cat with the two different color eyes. I think that is beautiful on a cat.

Thanks for trying to save all those poor babies and I wish it had turned out better for them.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif

Laura's Babies
07-02-2004, 07:11 AM
Joey is BEAUTIFUL! He is a prime example why you do what you do! God Bless you for doing it!

QueenScoopalot
07-02-2004, 08:18 AM
Joey is still here. He goes through phases where he won't let me near him for weeks, then it's the love me, love me phase. :rolleyes: :) :D It's so cute when he turns his cheek towrd me to kiss, and then his other cheek! Silly boy when he wants to be!

catmandu
07-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Thank The Lord, that you werea ble to save Joey, and his pals,before the Predatorsgot him, and he is really going,to enjoy the Mall Invasion,Today,Bless You, for saving Joey!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-02-2004, 11:07 AM
I'm so glad you were able to save Joey. Sorry to hear about the rest of the colony, but at least you got Joey out of there first. :)

He looks like a real sweetie, but it sounds like that's only when he wants to be, which of course is typical since he's a cat. ;) :D