PDA

View Full Version : I just had my scare for the year!

zippy-kat
07-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Coming home from tanning, I was behind a truck (no not tailgating - there was a good distance between us). I don't really know what happened except that all of a sudden one of the tires in the BED of the truck landed directly in front of me.:eek:
I couldn't swerve or stop because of the traffic so I had to run over it. Somehow I ended up on two wheels (the driver's side) and hit my head on the window/roof. Then I heard a LOUD noise. (Tire hit the side of my car.) It scared the crap out of me!

I started to pull over but by then the nerves (and tears!) kicked in -since the car was running ok and since I wasn't but a few blocks from the house- I just drove on home.

I'm still shaking and teary eyed but thankfully ok!

anna_66
07-01-2004, 08:17 PM
Goodness:eek: I bet that did scare you! Glad to hear your ok!!

bluekat
07-01-2004, 08:17 PM
:eek: That must've been very scary! I'm glad you're ok though!

lizbud
07-01-2004, 08:22 PM
Oh man, Zippy.:eek: Wow, I'm glad you are o.k. :)
That is so scary. Seems like you were cool under pressure
though. I am so glad you weren't hurt.:)

Please have a nice, peaceful evening with K'cee & Piper o.k.?

{{{{Hugs}}} Liz , Smokey & Kitties.:)

aly
07-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Oh gosh Tonya, how SCARY! 2 wheels???????????????? Oh my goodness! Please be careful! I'm so glad you're okay. Spend some relaxing time with your babies. I'm sure they'll help mama feel better.

Cheshirekatt
07-01-2004, 08:31 PM
OMG!! I'm sooo glad you're ok! How scary.

My brother had a similar thing happen to him, once. The STARTER fell off of the car in front of him, hit the pavement then somehow bounced up and smacked his car right above the windshield on the actual frame of the car. If it had gone through the windshield I don't think he'd be around.

Sit back, relax and just breathe!

Karen
07-01-2004, 08:41 PM
Gosh and I thought it was gunna be a hyper-Piper tail - errr tale! Glad you are okay, if a bit shaken-up. Go pet that silly boy bunny for me, okay - there's nothing quite as soothing as when a bunny hunkers down for petting.

Cinder & Smoke
07-01-2004, 09:28 PM
WOW!
:eek:
:mad:

GLAD you're *sorta* OK - hope that Bump onna Head
doesn't start to :( bother you!

Now about the CAR!

Has Dad looked at it??
Dents or Dings anywhere?

And you SHOULD get it up on a lift rack -
or over a grease & oil change PIT ~
to Check for any Underside Damage!

Did you get any kind of ID on the TRUCK that caused this?

Maybe go back and retrieve the TIRE...

And I'd consider callin da COPS - to at least Make a Report.
IF anything is wrong with the car - your Insurance Company will
want to see a Police Report.

Most Important thing is that YOU'RE not hurt!

And we'll all just *hope* the car isn't hurt, either.

Sounds like you otta Kuddle wiffa Kat fur a while! ;)

{{{HUGS}}}

/s/ Phred

LoudLou
07-01-2004, 09:38 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/42.gif :eek: Glad you are OK. What a scare! Cinder & Smoke & Phred got it right, you should notify the police. We had a major accident like that up here in WA, some furniture flew out a truck and hit a lady in a SUV, blinded her for life. SO GLAD YOU ARE OK!

Have you thought about being a Stunt Driver?
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/3.gif :D http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/6.gif

Pam
07-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Somebody *upstairs* was looking out for you Tonya! ;) I am so glad you are OK!! I agree that it might be a good idea to report it just in case...

wolf_Q
07-01-2004, 09:43 PM
:eek: :eek: Glad you are ok Tonya!!! How frightening!

Dogz
07-01-2004, 09:48 PM
:eek: :eek:

That sounds so scary! I think you handled quite well, Tonya.

I am so glad that you are okay! *hugs* :)

Crikit
07-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Glad your okay Tonya.

luckies4me
07-01-2004, 11:40 PM
WOW that's crazy! I am glad you are OK.

NoahsMommy
07-01-2004, 11:42 PM
Tonya!! You poor thing!! :eek: :eek:

I'm glad you're OK physically...hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow after such a scare.

AmberLee
07-01-2004, 11:49 PM
OMG! So glad you're okay. If you are feeling up to it, may I urge you to follow Phred's advice. It sounds great to me.

{{{hugs}}}

krazyaboutkatz
07-01-2004, 11:50 PM
That sure sounds scary.:eek:
I'm so glad that you're okay Tonya.:)

shais_mom
07-01-2004, 11:57 PM
ACK!!
OMG!!
I am so glad you are ok!!!
Let me know if you need anything....

trayi52
07-02-2004, 12:11 AM
Glad your okay, Tonya. I hope you didn't hurt your head too bad. Maybe you should follow Phred's advice.

Take care!

Willie:)

lynnestankard
07-02-2004, 05:10 AM
Good grief - the things that happen over there while we're sleeping here!!

{{{Hugs}}} Tonya - hope you're feeling less shaky now - in fact fully recovered would be good.
I echo Phred - I think the police should be informed and your car checked thoroughly.

Lynne

Logan
07-02-2004, 05:58 AM
Good grief, Tonya! I have had something fly out of a truck bed before on the interstate and it scared me to death, but it wasn't a tire!! :) I'm glad you're ok.

ramanth
07-02-2004, 09:27 AM
EEEEK!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Glad you are okay Tonya! How scary! :(

I hope the car is faring okay.

Stenograsaurus
07-02-2004, 09:36 AM
I sure am glad you are okay. I also ditto what Phred said.

Cataholic
07-02-2004, 09:44 AM
WAH???? How scary, Tonya! So glad you are okay. What a close call. Two wheels? EEK!!!

Edwina's Secretary
07-02-2004, 09:48 AM
My sister-in-law was on a country road behind a truck carrying rocks. A large rock came through her windshield and knocked off the head rest on the passenger seat. The truck didn't know it had happened and kept going. If a passenger had been sitting there instead of the head rest it would have been.....

glad you are okay Tonya....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-02-2004, 01:51 PM
:eek: :eek: Glad your're ok!

And funny that you should mention this because just on my way home last night I came as close as I've been to being in an accident in a long long time! I was just minding my own business in the fast lane (3 lane highway). I could see the cars further up were starting to slow down. Mind you I said starting to slow down. Well, the guy in front of me must not have been paying attention and he panicked and slammed on his brakes and came almost to a complete stop! :eek: Needless to say I had to slam on my brakes - no ABS - and when I did the car pulled to the right really hard I tried to recover and turned back to the left. I've got a 4-wheel drive Tracker (SUV) and I could feel it whipping around and it flashed through my mind that I was going to roll over....if I didn't hit somebody first. :eek:

Well, the good news is I didn't roll over and the moron in front of me started moving again so I didn't hit him, but thank goodness I had left enough room between us, and double thank goodness there was nobody in the middle lane or I would have swerved right into them! Whew! Needless to say I was a little shakey afterwards, but like you, I was close to home so I just kept going.

Weird, that two of us should come so close on the same day at almost the same time.

CatMama78
07-02-2004, 03:00 PM
How scary!! I'm glad you are safe. That sounds like a close call. You deserve a nice relaxing day.....Close call accidents are really scary.

A couple of years ago I was drving down the highway while it was raining. I was going about 40, which was considerably slower than anyone else on the highway. Well my truck hydroplaned and did a tailspin across four lanes of highway!!When it stopped it hit the median the wall and I was facing oncoming traffic in the shoulder lane. Amazingly, no one hit me AND while my rear bumper was cut in the back there was no fuctional damage to me or my truck. Se besides the embarrassment of the cop having to stop traffic on the highway so I could turn my truck around and the fact that I was scared out of my wits, no real damage done. It has taken over two years for me to be able to be in a car while it's raining and not have mild panic attacks. I gave up that truck and got a Ford Focus which handles itself quite nicely in the wet.

zippy-kat
07-03-2004, 10:29 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes, guys!

I have a bump above my eye where I hit my head on the window. It's pretty sore but otherwise ok. My car on the other hand... ugh! There's something loose I think. Everytime I go over a bump, there's a strange noise from the right side. Guess, I'm going to have to have it looked at. Not exactly what I was looking forward to spending my next paycheck on, but it needs to be done.

Thanks again! :)

RobiLee
07-04-2004, 03:05 AM
That sounds very scary. I'm glad you are ok. It would have taken me quite a while to calm down.

Robin

CountryWolf07
07-04-2004, 02:40 PM
Yikes Tonya! Glad you're alright, like someone here said - There's an angel looking over you! A guardian angel! :)

dappledoxie
07-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Oh how awful, I'm glad you are doing "ok". I know how scary that must have been. Hugs!

catmandu
07-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Thank God,thatyou are safe,and with Your Cats!

gini
07-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Tonya, I just saw this.

What a frightening experience - I am just so glad that you are alright.

Phred is right - please have someone check out your car to be sure you are safe in the future.

Hugs from Gini

Steffi N
07-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Yonya, I am glad you are okay and hope the bump above your eye goes away soon.