PDA

View Full Version : no animation?

Amber
07-01-2004, 08:12 PM
For some reason nobodys avatars or blinkies are moving. Is there anyway to turn it back on?

Amber
07-01-2004, 09:05 PM
anyone?

popcornbird
07-01-2004, 09:06 PM
I can see them just fine.

Karen
07-01-2004, 09:07 PM
I see them blinking/moving just fine ... did you change some browser settings? They're usually animated gifs, which don't require any complicated plug-ins or anything ...

Amber
07-01-2004, 09:11 PM
My dad may have changed something, but how do you change it so I can see them?

Kfamr
07-01-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm assuming you use Internet Explorer..

Open it up, go to Tools.
Internet options, and then click the "Advanced" tabs button.
Scroll down to where it says Multimedia, and make sure there's a check by "Play animations in Web Pages" -- If not, check it.

coco's papa
07-01-2004, 09:56 PM
And your dad is likely to reset that settings once again.

The problem? IE is no longer safe to use due to bad programming by Microsoft and hackers who can run trojan horse programs that steal credit card information from your PC. Plus, settings like Active X & Javascript have also been labeled unsafe. Our Gov has recommended that we find another browser and disable Javascript & Active X.

Until adults and kids who engage in criminal behavior on the 'net grow up and treat others with respect, we'll all have to live with these problems.

The anwser for me is using the Mozilla Firefox browser- but still disabling Javascript. But, by disabling Javascript, some content like Pet Of The Day will not be able to be enjoyed.

Too bad- I really liked this site.

Still searching for that better tomorrow...until then.