PDA

View Full Version : we found a kitten and taking him to the shelter

lute
07-01-2004, 03:41 PM
yesterday my brothers brought me this intresting looking kitten they found on the side of the road.:(
he's about 9-10 weeks old and is black and white. he's COVERD in fleas and only has half a tail! he's sweet as can be and just LOVES being around people.:)

i would keep him,but both my parents are highly allergic to cats and he would have to stay outside.he's staying in a crate out back until we take him to the shelter. i don't like keeping cats outside so i'm taking him later today when i go. i don't know what i'd do if he DOESN'T get adopted!!!:(

CatMama78
07-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Can you make sure to take him to a no kill shelter? I'm sure he'll get swooped up real quick.

DJFyrewolf36
07-01-2004, 04:22 PM
Yes, make sure he goes to a no kill shelter!! I know somebody will give him a furrever home real quick!
Im glad your brothers got him to a safe place!

slick
07-01-2004, 04:28 PM
Being a young kitten he'll most certainly be scooped up in a heartbeat. Good luck and thanks for giving this little kitty a second chance.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-01-2004, 04:29 PM
Ditto what Slick said. :)

kuhio98
07-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Yes, please make sure to take it to a no-kill shelter. Kitties are only kept 3 days at our local shelter. If they are not adopted, they are put to sleep to make room for others. :(

kimlovescats
07-01-2004, 10:23 PM
I agree ... try to find a No-Kill shelter!!! Good luck!;)

QueenScoopalot
07-01-2004, 10:44 PM
Many shelters even out of your area would be willing to do a transport to a no-kill shelter. In New England where I live, thankfully there's not an overwhelming amount of puppies as there are in more southern states, so shelters here arrange transportation (persons willing to drive X amount of distance, and another driver will go from there etc.). The pups that otherwise would have been euthanised are found homes usually within a day of arrival up here. I wish I could say the same about kittens etc. Plenty everywhere it seems.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Glad you found the baby, are you sure there's not more?

Lillycat
07-02-2004, 04:44 AM
good question! where you find one there can be others.

catmandu
07-02-2004, 09:14 AM
A No Kill Shelter,is a Goid Idae,or you can set up pictures,of him, where you work, andmaybe there will be someone,for this Little Stary!

lute
07-02-2004, 12:51 PM
we took him to the shelter yesterday and the guy there said he was a Polydactyl and half his tail had been removed somehow when he was younger. he went straight to the tub for a flea bath after i turned him in.

i was gonna take him to the no-kill cat shelter here,but they require a $75 turn in fee and i just don't have that kind of money right now. :( i'm gonna post all kinds of info on him and if they put him on petfinder i will post his pic.

i reallt hpe someone opens up their heart for this uniqe little guy. there are A LOT of kittens at the shelter right now.(i volunteer there so i am going to check on him when i go 2-3 times a week).

please keep him in yer prayers.:)

Lexie

leslie flenner
07-02-2004, 11:18 PM
to go back to look for litter mates and mother!
see above posts! Don't do it noisily, sneak into the area, lay low and listen and move around steathily, look for signs of cat inhabitance- ie, a dumpster for food source, a dry area to have kittens, is there cat hair leading into the hole that looks like more kittens might live? Leave food if so and back off to watch so they cant see you. not knowing the area- don't know if any of this makes any sense at all! Let us know either way- ok- lots of people post and never re-post success or unsuccess -- it's nice to know and it's not bad if there's no success.

lute
07-03-2004, 11:30 AM
i went back t the place where they fund him and i didn't see anything that showed that other cats lived there. they said that when they found him they saw the mom cat and what they thought was the dad cat,but they couldn't catch them.

i will post agian what happends to him. when he is available for adption do you think a rescue will rescue him?