PDA

View Full Version : Jasmine Plant

RICHARD
07-01-2004, 03:05 PM
The last few days a jasmine plant in the neighborhood was been in bloom...

It's so fragrant that I feel giddy (ME? GIDDY?):eek:- when I walk out into the yard.

If you have this plant in your area or home don't pass up the chance to get a whiff...

It's pretty spectacular!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-01-2004, 03:17 PM
Richard, I sort of remember you mentioning this before and I think you used the same word - giddy. Somehow I can't quite picture you "giddy." Do ya think you could get a picture for us? Of you being giddy that is, not the plant....although a pic of the plant would be nice too. ;) :D

RICHARD
07-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Lol,

Yep, I said giddy. :D

Wasn't there a study a while back that said men like cinnamon??

"Honey, you smell like a fresh, hot cinnamon roll......I love you!!!"

I don't know what it is about jasmine......it makes me lame and it makes me want to sit there and nod off! It's very soothing.

Do you remember the acrylic stuff they used to use in the nail salons? One whiff of that would go straight to my head...It tweaked something in the old brain.......It was almost painful!!

I guess I'm susceptible to aromatherapy.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-01-2004, 03:35 PM
Hint - if anyone is interested in wooing Richard, Jasmine perfume ladies. Either that or a fresh manicure. ;) :D

slick
07-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Wow, Richard giddy?? This I gotta see. Maybe I should bring a jasmine plant to the BBQ??

I just love the smell of Lily of the Valley and Hyacinth!

RICHARD
07-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Hint - if anyone is interested in wooing Richard, Jasmine perfume ladies.

Or some Three Stooges movies....

WOO WOO WOO- nyuk nyuk nyuk!!

Most soiternly!!!:rolleyes:

slick
07-01-2004, 04:05 PM
Hmmmmmm......must go shopping.......

RICHARD
07-01-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by slick
Hmmmmmm......must go shopping.......

NO YOU DON'T....

Instead of going shopping toss a few bucks to the local shelter, or buy a few cans of food to donate...:D

Thanks!!!!
;)

Logan
07-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Richard, is the bloom white? The Jasmine I am thinking of is called "Confederate Jessamine" in the south, but I'm sure it has another name in other places (what proper non-southerner would use the word Confederate to describe anything?). :)

I love the fragrance of Confederate Jessamine!

Logan

RICHARD
07-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Logan

I love the fragrance of Confederate Jessamine!

I'll 'sniff' around the neighborhood tonight.:eek:

At first I though you wrote "counterfeit"....:rolleyes:

Cheshirekatt
07-01-2004, 06:46 PM
I have two of these planted right outside my bedroom slider......heavenly, aren't they??

RICHARD
07-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
I have two of these planted right outside my bedroom slider......heavenly, aren't they??

Giddy-ly so!!:D

Cheshirekatt
07-01-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Lol,

Yep, I said giddy. :D

Wasn't there a study a while back that said men like cinnamon??

"Honey, you smell like a fresh, hot cinnamon roll......I love you!!!"

This reminds me of something that happened recently. I got this new pineapple perfume from an aromatherapy company. Now, the scent of pineapple is notoriously hard to synthesize and usually ends up smelling fake and weird.

Well, not this one!

I had it on at work and one of the guys that works with me walked up to me, took a really deep breath and told me I smelled "succulent"!

lololololol

I took that as quite the compliment coming from a gay man!

CathyBogart
07-01-2004, 10:49 PM
Mmmm, Jasmine is one of my favorite scents. I almost always pause when walking up to my boyfriend's house because the jasmine in his yard smells soooo good!

NoahsMommy
07-02-2004, 12:34 AM
We used to have jasmine growing over/around our spa enclosure. Its very nice. :)

I'm SO finding a jasmine plant and bringing it to the BBQ. I want to see Richard giddy!!!! :D

heinz57_79
07-02-2004, 01:11 AM
The smell of jasmine always reminds me of Tunisia, when we lived there. There was a town called City Bu Saiid, and it always smelled like fried dough and jasmine.

lynnestankard
07-02-2004, 04:48 AM
Jasmine - mmmmmmmmmmm.

:D :D

I adore the smell of jasmine Richard - I think giddy is a wonderful description. Do you stand and sniff? I do. A garden near me has a wonderful jasmine and whenever I go out I stand there like some "very strange lady" sniffing! :D :cool:

I bought a good friend a jasmine plant - for indoors - two years ago. She said she always kills her indoor plants. This beautiful jasmine is still alive and thriving and whenever I walk in the smell is wonderful - she thinks it is the most wonderful pressy ever!

Freesia is another flower smell I adore :D I carried freesia when Don and I married - ahh.

Lynne

Vio&Juni
07-02-2004, 10:51 AM
I love Jasmine too, unfortunately it only lasted some weeks here.

The whole town smells of linden trees here - there are trees that bloom earlier and they are sweeter, but these that are still in bloom are more flowery. GOD, it smells great!

Kfamr
07-03-2004, 09:31 PM
I've never smelt *real* jasmine, only the fake prefume/sprays......

Is there any comparison between the two?:p

lynnestankard
07-04-2004, 04:45 AM
Kayann - not really!! The perfume sort of smell is too 'chemically' (!!) - the real scent from the plant is . . . . . . undescribable!
Sorry thats no help at all:D :D

Lynne

lbaker
07-04-2004, 05:54 AM
OK Kelly, you bring the jasmine and I'll make cinnamon rolls! We'll have Richard giddy and maybe even giggling LOL :D Now THAT'S a picture we can blackmail him with *heh heh heh* I personnally get swoony over lillies of the valley or lilacs. When I lived on the horse ranch in Marin County it was called Baywood Canyon and the smell was of Baywood trees and Eucalyptus trees. Heavenly. A friend said once he didn't like the Eucalypus smell because it reminded him of kitty litter :rolleyes: