PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Jadapit
07-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Hello Everyone!!

I was told about this site by a friend and it is so awesome!! I have been reading all the posts and looking at everyones pictures of their dogs for a couple days. You all have beautiful dogs! I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi:)

Jadapit
07-01-2004, 02:17 PM
OOPS:p I forgot to tell you that is a picture of my dog Jada.
She is a pit bull and she is an awesome dog!!!!

christrev
07-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Hello jadapit,

Nice to see on this forum, you will be made very welcome, I was a newbie yesterday abd I have made loads of friends already.

As you can see I have a GSD + Malinois dog called Sasha and a cat called Loki, both well loved. I especially am crazy about sasha as you will find out if you read my posts.

Anyway settle in and enjoy yourself.

chris

Jadapit
07-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Thanks so much for the wlcome Chris!! Your dog and cat are beautiful. I am attaching another picture. It is a picture of both my babies. We are not real sure what kind of dog Diamond is.
Does anyone have any ideas what she might be? They are both great dogs and they bring so much joy into my life.:D

jazzcat
07-01-2004, 02:43 PM
Hi and Welcome to PT!!

Your dogs are gorgeous!! I look forward to seeing and hearing more about them.

I have a bichon/poodle mix named Disney as you can see in my signature below. I hang out more on the cat boards but I do lurk over here quite a bit too.

Hope you enjoy it here.

lv4dogs
07-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Hi & welcome. You have some beautiful dogs! Those chairs sure are comfy (the blue one)

Its hard to tell what is in Diamond from that shot, but I see either rott or pit in her face. The coloring (from what I can tell) seems to maybe a pit but the speckeling leads me to believe maybe a hound or setter or pointer or aussi.

Jadapit
07-01-2004, 02:56 PM
When we got Diamond we were told by the guy that we got her from that she was a pit. She really looked a lot like a pit when she was a puppy but she changed a lot as she grew. A lot of people tell me that she might have pit in her. I am attaching another picture of her maybe you can tell more by this one!?!

I really want to get a digital camera. They take such good pictures. :D

christrev
07-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Hello jadapitt,

Your dogs look ssoo cute sat together, dunno about the brown & white cutie, could she have some Jack Russell Terrier in her? Anymore ideas anybody?

Chris

another piccy of Sasha for you to drool over..........

lv4dogs
07-01-2004, 02:59 PM
Oooh the ears look like Aussie (australian cattle dog not australian shepherd, one of my first guesses LOL) but the coloring is kinda goofed w/ the sunlight beem there.

Jadapit
07-01-2004, 03:09 PM
OMG What a beautiful dog and beautiful country!! I would love to visit England one day! Have you ever been to the U.S?

DogLover9501
07-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Hello! Welcome to PT!!

I'm Robyn :) I have 3 dogs, Wiggles is a shih-tzu mix, Piddle is a Shih-tzu, and my baby boy, Jasper he is a boxer!

I also have a cat, Tigger(who is in my signature)

Here's a picture of the pups ;):

http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/v129/dogluver9501/Cabin/3rock3.jpg

Welcome again!!

christrev
07-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Jadapit,

Thanks for the doggie compliment, yes we think she's rather lovely ourselves.......fond Mummy speaking...........yes England is a lovely place, and no Iv'e never been to US.....if you ever want to come over to England you will be made very welcome in our home.

Chris

lute
07-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Jadapit-
WELCOME TO PETTALK!!!:D
i hope you like it here and stick around. your dog is very pretty.

my name is Lexie and i have 2 dogs and a bird
Beanie-Pomerainian
Maddie-Siberian Husky
Lucy-Cockateil

Jadapit
07-01-2004, 03:53 PM
I read on another dog forum the other day that pit bulls are banned in England and that is is illegal to own one their. Is that true?

molucass
07-01-2004, 04:09 PM
What cute doggies!!

Welcome to the forum!!

I'm Cori... I live in Texas and live with 4 dogs. 3 are mine, and one belongs to my mom. Mine are Felony (a pit bull), Annie (dachshund/pug mix), & Bailee (also dachshund/pug mix, Annie is her mom)... My moms dog is Molly (jack russell terrier/chihuahua mix).

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v304/FELONY/felony/mollyfelony1.jpg
Here is Felony, and Molly peeking up at the bottom.

http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v147/molucass/New%20pics/felonymollyanniebailee/anniebailee.jpg
And here is Annie and Bailee.

Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do!! :D

Kfamr
07-01-2004, 04:13 PM
Welcome!!:D

I'm Kay and owned by the two wonderful dogs in my signature. Simba, the one of the left, is a 6 year old German Shepherd/Pit Bull mix. Nala, on the right, is a 1 year old Lab/?? mix.

Pitties are my favorite breed and Jada is absolutely adorable. I've been here for quite a while (3-4??? years), and I do believe I am addicted, so watch out... you may become such as well. :p

anna_66
07-01-2004, 04:14 PM
http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/WelcomeHello/33.gif
I'm Anna & I'm owned by the three dogs in the pic below.
http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/9.jpg
Jada & Diamond are too cute! Can't wait to hear all about them:D

Jadapit
07-01-2004, 04:23 PM
I love your dogs! I was looking at all the pictures of them yesterday. Those are GREAT pictures. Did you take them?

I Love pits! They are such great dogs and so misunderstood by so many people. Its so sad that they have gotten such a bad name. I saw this on a pit site and it is so ture! "Blame the deed not the breed."

My aunt was visiting from Califorina and when I told her I had a pit she said "Oh those are vicious dogs and you will be attacked one day." Ahhhhh it made me so mad when she said that!:mad:

I told her "Yea I will probably be licked to death." Jada is a total sweetheart and she loves everyone. Everyone on here is so nice this place rocks!!:D

ChrisH
07-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! :) Both your dogs are gorgeous, I look forward to hearing, and seeing, lots more of them! :D

Originally posted by Jadapit
I read on another dog forum the other day that pit bulls are banned in England and that is is illegal to own one their. Is that true?
Yes, that is true,they were banned here in the UK, along with the Japanese Tosa, under the Dangerous Dogs Act of 1991. Also added in 1997 were Fila Brazilioras and Dogo Argentinos.

KYS
07-01-2004, 06:50 PM
A very warm welcome to Pet Talk.

You dogs are beautiful. :)

heinz57_79
07-01-2004, 06:57 PM
Hi! Welcome to PT! I'm glad you like what you see so far... this place is great. I haven't had much of a chance to get on this past week, with my new job and all, but i try to catch up whenever i can. It gets addicting! ;) Your pup is gorgeous! Be prepared to take lots more pics. hehehe

To kinda introduce myself, I'm the maid to 48 paws. Arthur, Charlie and Chloe are the dogs; Katie, Joey, Dragon, Cleo, Hector, Julius and Sebastian are the cats; and Gizmo and Slinky are the ferrets.

Again, welcome to PT!

dappledoxie
07-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Hello and welcome! Very cute pics! It's great to have you here, :D

My two are in my sig Claire n Rebel, I also have an australian shepherd who is currently living at my fathers, her name is Niki. :)

Tina
07-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Hello and Welcome!! Your dogs are cuties!

Karen
07-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Cute dogs you have there ...
I am one o the moderators, and my current pet is my bunny, Miss Hoppy. That's her in my avatar, she's 7 years old now.

countrycowgirl
07-02-2004, 12:14 AM
hi welcome to pt!!!!!! :D your pups are sooo CUTE!:) ... I om owned by three dogs chewie little bit and roxey all in my sig agian welcome to pt and I know that you will enjoy it here

trayi52
07-02-2004, 12:26 AM
Hi jadapitt,

Welcome to Pet Talk! Your dogs are just gorgeous!

I am owned by 3 dogs, Dana, a Rottweiler, Buffy and Gaucho, the Chihuahuas. Also 2 cats, Stubby and Grover, one ferret, Baby and 1 cockatiel, Charlie Sweet, and one horse, Sugar and of course a capuchin monkey name Mario.

I hope you like it here, it is a great place to be!

Willie:)

jenfer
07-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Welcome! :)

My name is Jen. I have a mini dachshund (see my sig). I hope you enjoy this forum. :D

christrev
07-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Yes Jadapit, as ChrisH, said in her post pitbulls are banned in England , you have to have them registered as such and you can only take them outside on a lead & with a muzzle on, I think you are not allowed to let them of the lead in public places either.

There has been cases where dogs have been impounded into kennels until it is proved whether they are pitbulls or not.......usually the owner is "guilty" of not having a muzzle on the dog in a public place, cause they arn't pitbulls but staffie crosses, if it can't be "proved" they are Staffie +'s
the dog is sometimes destroyed, without the owners consent, they get a court order. All this is VERY STUPID, it's plain a simple murder of a great family pet isn't it?

Well enough of me on a soap box!!! byee Chris

MariaM
07-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Sorry I am late on this, but welcome to Pet Talk! I am Maria and I have a yellow lab mix named Major. He is about 5 months old.

http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/HuckleberryPup/PDR_1740.jpg

pipersmom
07-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, jadapit.

I post once daily on DOTD, but do not get as much of an opportunity as I would like to chat with you guys.

My name is Cora and I am Piper's Mom. He is a wire-haired fox terrier and the love of my life. My scanner is not currently working, but here is the one pic I have. He's having a bad hair day in this one (Mommy cut it for him).

Hopefully I'll post more pics soon and figure out how to embed them in my post.

I love Pits!

Erika
07-02-2004, 03:29 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Your dogs are beautiful. I hope to see lots more pics of them! I have a boxer named Nikki and a terrier mix named Samantha.

Nikki with her ball.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/pcd7a97ac60799b20dd5758578f8a4f57/f8171c72.jpg
Samantha. She is 17 years old.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/p10b2b60a4fb997a62365b324a5bdb29d/f813cb97.jpg

Fox-Gal
07-02-2004, 05:55 PM
Hi and welcome to PT. You puppies are so cute.

I have 7 dogs, 2 Boxers, a Great Dane, a MinPin, Black lab/mix, Pom./mix and a what we think is a Boxer mix. I also have lots of cats and a wide range of other pets. :eek:

I hope you enjpy PT and look forward to seeing more of your babies.

Just mix of some of my babies.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid64/p60ad7bec9500b26b873eb59546ddf416/fbfea0fd.jpg

*LabLoverKEB*
07-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Welcome to pet Talk, Jedapit! My name is sarah, and I have a Black Lab named Sadie May (Sadie)! Glad yiou could join us! :) :)