PDA

View Full Version : Kids will be kids

DJFyrewolf36
07-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Did you ever do anything crazy when you were little? Heres an example of my craziness as a kid...

At our place, we had a big problem with red ants. The dogs were getting bit, me and my brother was getting bit...dad had to get bit before he acknowledged the problem lol. So he tells me and my brother "Go out and take care of the big nest in the back yard. When you're done you'll get $5 each."

My brother had a real cute idea...

He took dads lawnmower gas can and poured about a gallon of gas onto the ant hill. Then he took a match and torched the thing! The ants were eliminated...

Dad kind of had a cow but we still got our $5!!!

G.P.girl
07-01-2004, 01:27 PM
OMG! i did that same thing a couple of years ago, but the ants kept coming back! me and my best friend at the time, tried EVERYTHING, we even did the volcano-with-baking-soda-thing on it, but by the next weekend they would always be back. lol we got bitten so much trying to get rid of them.:rolleyes: poor ants

DJFyrewolf36
07-01-2004, 01:30 PM
The ants came back, with twice the numbers after that incedent...

Red ants are resiliant critters...

G.P.girl
07-01-2004, 01:36 PM
unfortunatly i didn't know that at the time....

we did see the queen once though! and we wwanted to squish her, but we were all too scared to get close.:rolleyes: so we threw pop bottle at it

DJFyrewolf36
07-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Did you get one of the Queen ants that could fly?! Ick! When we torched the hill the queen came out and was partly on fire but started to fly anyway :eek:

THAT was scary...ugh sometimes I hate ants.

G.P.girl
07-02-2004, 12:54 AM
i don't know if she could fly or not, but she was really fat, and gross, like a larve or something. ICK