PDA

View Full Version : Millie, a very special doggie! *pics*

Pam
07-01-2004, 08:27 AM
Some of you may know that my sister-in-law is suffering from cancer. It is not curable but the doctors are working on making her as comfortable as possible. I have mentioned Millie (their little Westie) here before at PT and just wanted to share a story. One night my sister-in-law had gotten into the bath tub at around 3:00 AM to soak in the hot water which gives her some relief from her pain. When she tried to get out she realized that she was just too weak. She started calling to my brother who was sleeping and snoring :rolleyes: and could not hear her. Millie had been in the bathroom and quickly realized the situation. She ran to my brother's side of the bed and started barking. This woke him up and he was able to hear my sister-in-law calling. I was visiting with them yesterday and took a few pictures of Millie and thought she deserved a thread here today because of what a special doggie she is. My sister-in-law said yesterday "Millie is the main reason I get up in the morning." Just another angel on earth, wrapped in fur. :)

Here's pretty Millie :)
http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/DSCN6000.jpg
And here she is with her "Mommy." She is never far from her side. :)
http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/DSCN6001.jpg
Aren't dogs just wonderful!!!

Kfamr
07-01-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Pam
the main reason I get up in the morning." Just another angel on earth, wrapped in fur. :)

...Aren't they all? ;)

What a wonderful story, Pam, and what a sweet little doggie. Thank you for sharing with us! :D

tatsxxx11
07-01-2004, 08:35 AM
Oh Pam, what a wonderful story, what a wonderful pup! And you're so right; she's a little angel wrapped in fur:) I've always loved Westies and Millie is one VERY special Westie girl! Thanks so much for sharing her with us Pam! Millie, keep up the good work being your mommy's loyal, loving and devoted companion and best friend!!!:) Aren't dogs the best:):):)

Logan
07-01-2004, 09:59 AM
Oh, Pam, I am so glad to "meet" Millie. Can't remember if I have ever seen her before, but I certainly remember her heroic story. What a blessing she is for your sister in law. :)

Thanks so much for the special introduction!!!!! :)

K9soul
07-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Oh Pam, thank you for sharing about Millie, what a beautiful westie girl!! Indeed a true little angel to her Mommy, special beyond words. Her story truly touched my heart.

trayi52
07-01-2004, 10:33 AM
Pam, what a wonderful story about a wonderful little hero. Dogs are so smart, and who says dogs can't love! That is one smart little Westie, alright.

I think dogs are so very special, and just look how they take care of the ones they love!

Amazing story! Thanks, Pam, for reminding us just how special it is to have a doggie in our lives!

Willie:)

Dogz
07-01-2004, 11:03 AM
What a wonderful story, Pam. What a hero Millie is. *Kisses* to her. :)

CatMama78
07-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Millie, you are indeed an angel.

Sudilar
07-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Millie is truly a furry angel!! Hugs to your sister-in-law and Millie.

jazzcat
07-01-2004, 02:47 PM
What a special little angel!! She's adorable! Thanks for sharing the wonderful story.

MariaM
07-01-2004, 05:38 PM
What a sweet little girl! You can't find a creature smarter than...a dog!

anna_66
07-01-2004, 05:45 PM
You better believe they are:D

Pam thanks ever so much for sharing that story with us it was so touching. I can just see by the look in Millie's eyes how very much she loves her mommy!

heinz57_79
07-01-2004, 06:54 PM
I've always thought that if humans had a little more dog in them, the world would be a better place. Dogs are such wonderful creatures. Thanks for sharing!

Millie.... GOOD DOG! :)

Rachel
07-02-2004, 10:34 AM
Thank you for relaying the story of Millie's loyalty and devotion and the wonderful pictures of her. Of course it brought tears to my eyes. What a dear and precious little dog she is and, yes, I can certainly understand how she is a reason to keep one going.

I do think Millie deserves to be Dog of the Day. Maybe you could suggest your brother to write up a little bio for her and you could submit it with one of the pictures. Wouldn't that be a wonderful surprise for your SIL to see Millie honored in that manner.

captain
07-04-2004, 07:18 PM
Pam,

That is beautiful! What a nice thing to bring to our attention.

{{{{{[hugs}}}}}}}} to your sister-in-law during this difficult time in her life .......

ChrisH
07-08-2004, 03:16 PM
What a sweet and beautiful Westie angel Millie is.

dukedogsmom
07-08-2004, 03:46 PM
That's the way I feel about dogs also! In fact, I have that under my avatar. That's a good dog there. Even has white fur like angel wings.

micki76
07-08-2004, 04:02 PM
Oh Pam! Millie’s just beautiful! How I long for another Westie. *sigh* Someday. I’m so glad Millie’s there for your SIL. I’m sure she’s a great comfort, confidant, and companion.

Good thoughts for your family as she struggles through this.