PDA

View Full Version : Who/What makes you glad to have found PT?

DogLover9501
06-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Tonight I was thinking of all the things that make me glad to have found PT....

*Things that make me glad to have found PT*

I am really glad to have found a place where there are people who are as crazy about animals/pets as I am, and people who's pets are as spoiled rotten as mine are.

I am also really glad to have found a place where there are so many people, who are always willing to give you advice and send positive vibes and prayers whenever they are needed.

This place is the best!!!

*People who make me glad to have found PT*

Every PTer is very special, of course, but Im sure we all have PTers in which we are closer to then other

WILLIE :D(trayi52), You are the sweetest person, you are just like a PT mom, you are very kind and caring, you love your pets so much(and have some interesting ones :p), your just the greatest!!

Kay(Kfamr), I'm not sure what you consider me as :p, but I consider you as a friend, your very dedicated to your pups, and it doesn't take long to notice that about you. Your also AMAZING with graphic design and photography, and a very nice peson, around my same age. :)

Anna(anna_66) Anna, your big boy stole my heart almost right away when I first joined PT! You are a very kind person, you always have something nice to say, and it's very easy to tell that your pups are spoiled rotten ;)

Tiffany(bluekat), you are a very sweet person! When I first found out how old you are, I was very surprised!! You are very matture for your age, and just such a kind person! And your kitty is just stunning ;)

Emma(Dogz), Emma your a great person, Thank you so much for trying to start a fund rasier to help my boy!!

Libby(Fox-Gal), I have fun talking about...mostly boxers lol on MSN, Don't boxer owners/lovers attract? ;)

Im sure there are lots more people I want to list :p, but I love all of ou anyway ;)

anna_66
06-30-2004, 11:18 PM
There are so many things/people!

It's nice to have a place to go where people don't think your insane for loving your animals like they are your children.

When your having problems or maybe just down in the dumps there are people here to listen and to help you feel better.

And a recent for me, we needed alot of prayers and good thoughts for Angus and we got so many that I honestly couldn't believe that people were actually checking in to see if he was doing alright. It meant so much more to me than anyone will ever know.

And as for naming names....there are far too many to meantion!

I just don't know how I could ever do without PT:D

This is a great thread Robyn!

shais_mom
06-30-2004, 11:24 PM
All of my close dear sweet treasured friends.
And I am just so glad to find a place that accepts my love of my pets without question, unlike so many people in my daily life.

binka_nugget
06-30-2004, 11:26 PM
I love PT because everyone is different. There are people from different countries, different races, different religions, people with different hobbies but with one thing in common, the love of pets!

As for naming people, I just couldn't. Everyone makes PT what it is.

Cookiebaker
06-30-2004, 11:32 PM
I'm so glad to have found PT because in my "real" life, everybody thinks that I am NUTZ because my pets are my babies. I don't have human children, and they think that I'm just substituting animals to relieve my "motherly instinct". I have also been told that I idolize/worship my dogs. But really all I do is love them. And here, I can share pictures, and read about and enjoy other's pictures. That's why I like it here. :)

And as far as individuals, I don't like to play favorites and name names. Everybody who loves animals is special, each in their own individual way! :)

DogLover9501
06-30-2004, 11:37 PM
I wasn't sure about naming people either, but I just felt I wanted to say somethings to very special PTers and wasn't sure how else to say it

But, I know that everyone is special ;)

trayi52
06-30-2004, 11:39 PM
I know that feeling, my family thinks I'm nuts when I take pictures of my pets, but here I can post them or talk about them and nobody thinks I'm nuts for doing so.

My husband can't stand it when he sees me taking pictures of Grover! He does have a point, I guess I do have more pictures of my pets than I do human pictures!

Though I did get to take some pictures of my grandchildren the other day. LOL, these two live in the next town, and I hadn't got to see them in about three weeks.

As far as names, I love all of you here at pet talk.

Robyn this is a great thread, and you are very sweet to start it!

Willie:)

MariaM
06-30-2004, 11:42 PM
I am glad I came because I finally found a place where people are like me. Pet Lovers. Everyone here understands that a pet is more than "just a pet" and they are wonderful, wonderful companions, who we usually don't deserve.

I am glad because alot of you share my views, on training and such, because I have gotten alot of neighbourly advice to "train" Major in ways which I would never do. Here people understand alot of my views, even if I don't voice them, I here them say to others exactly what I think.

We also care very much about all pets. You guys all give me advice, whenever I ask questions about Major, and that is quite often. You are honest and caring. Everybody here is very friendly and that's why I love it. I feel at home.

zippy-kat
06-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Some of the best people are right here on this board. I'm lucky to have "met" so many of them - I can't even begin to name names.

When Sophie passed to the RB, the out pouring of love and support was unbelievable. I still can't think of her without crying but you guys have helped me so much. I "torture" myself sometimes by going back and rereading all the sickly-Sophie posts, I ... I can't even finish the sentence. (And I need a dozen tissues! :o lol)

One of my fondest memories is definitely introducing K'Cee to ya'll; everyone seemed genuinely happy for me. Though Piper didn't receive as big a welcome "ceremony" - that is/was also a fond memory. These two silly ones have also been strongholds in post-Sophie life.

These last couple of years have been pretty rough for me and I just want to thank you guys for the support. {{hugs}}

((PS - I know I said I wouldn't name names but I feel I should give a special mention to my late night and/or email pals; they put up with my ditzy-, panic-, grief-, and/or silly- spells. Luv ya guys!))

Fox-Gal
07-01-2004, 12:00 AM
I guess you could say the reason I'm gald I found PT is it's the one place that no one judges me for 1: having so many pets and 2: loving them so much. Around where I live, People seem to want to judge you if you think of your pets or anything more then just animals. :rolleyes:

As for people here, Robyn you know your one, although your always away on MSN to talk to any more. Like right now, I see you there marked away. LOL I like to think that Boxer people have a special conection.

As for the other's I wont name them as I think they should know who they are.

I do need to say Willie though, I have to name her. She been there for me so many time and has really gone out of her way for me. She has keep me here at PT, when I really was thinking long and hard about leaving. I don't want to hurt anyones feeling by just naming her, but this is my chance to openly thank her for being a friend to me, above what she had to.

davidpizzica
07-01-2004, 01:53 AM
Sometimes I feel overwhelmed being one of the few guys on PT. But EVERYONE here is so friendly and ready to give advice or to comfort someone having problems in their lives. the common thread here is that everybody here loves aimals with all their heart. I don't want to single out indivuals, but two people come to mind; Willie, you have been great to me, you care about what is happening in my life, you worry when I'm not on for a while, and it makes me feel that I have a mother on PT!! The other person is Donna.( moosmom) if it wasn't for PT, I would't have met her. She is one beautiful person and beautiful with her furbabies. I love her and would like to see her in person. Thanks PT!

Lillycat
07-01-2004, 06:48 AM
the new people i have met.....online and in person.....reading about alllllll the pets that we allllllll so dearly love......the comfort of talking to people who realllllly "understand"

kimlovescats
07-01-2004, 06:49 AM
I try each day in life to be thankful for something particular ... and PT just happens to be ONE of the many blessing in my life! ;)

Like most of here, I am thankful for the fact that I can come here and talk myself silly over my babies ... and EVERYONE actually understands me!!!:D

I am also thankful for all of the sincere support and prayers whenever my babies or I need them. Words could NEVER express just how much this means to me!

Finally, I have met soooooo many wonderful people and several of you (I hope you know who you are) have become particularly close to my heart!!!!

I love you all!

((((HUGS))))

Kim:)

EssTer
07-01-2004, 07:06 AM
I´m really glad I joined PT because all people here are so friendly and helpful :) I love seeing pics of all your pets :) I have met many really great new friends here :) and I´m thankful about that :)

Well everyone PTer is really great but I wanted say thanx to Anna_66 , Wolfsoul and Willie that you were so nice to me when I first came here :)

PT is the best :) I love you all :)

catnapper
07-01-2004, 07:11 AM
PT has offered me an outlet for showing off my monsters without people getting bored of them. I can show off my million pictures and know that everyone will rush to see the latest photo of any of them. This means more to me than anybody could possibly know! In "real life" people walk around with their baby's photos and show them off. People are interested in seeing pictures (at least they pretend to be) of their friend's babies... but if I pulled out a pictures of any of my three? People would be rolling their eyes.

Here its refreshingly clear that everyone loves their pets, and through posts & photos, we all come to love each other's pets as if they were old friends to us.

Hubby dosen't at all understand that PT is so much more than pets. He mockingly calls it my "cat site" and has no clue that PT offer support for ANYTHING a person is going through in their life. Need emotional support bcause of a lousy boss? PT's their with hugs?! Need prayers for a sick family member? PT's there with prayers! This place is amazing... it starts with pets and goes beyond!

Kfamr
07-01-2004, 07:43 AM
I'm especially grateful for those i've met IRL and become great friends with, as well as those I haven't met, but hope to. All of the wonderful dogs i've met, and those i've learned to love through stories and pictures. Of course, all of the other critters on PT are included as well!

The three people I have to mention, although by no means the only reasons i'm glad to have found PT, are Valerie (Dukedogsmom), Robin(RobiLee), and Amy(wolf_Q)

All three of them have been such wonderful friends, and I'm not sure they know how much that friendship means to me. I love each and everyone one of their dogs as if they were my own, especially that Duke dog..... :)

Like I said, they're not the only reason i'm glad i've found PT.... by no means please do not feel bad if you're not one of them, because in *some* way I have a like/love for each and every person and pet on this board.

slleipnir
07-01-2004, 08:18 AM
What I really like is that I can come here and say anything about my pets and it's not weird or anything. I love that I can ask for help for my pets or advice if I need any and people are great to help.

As for who..I love everyone. It really is everyone who makes it fun to come. Without everyone, it would be boring. Mik and julie, my wifies, make it a lot of fun too. To name a couple others (as I couldn't possibly list everyone as I'd be here for a while) would be Johanna (cause she ALWAYS listens to my crap and helps me and is just a funny, great person), Sandra (She probably one of the nicest people, really great!) PCB, hmm..I'm forgetting a bunch -thinks-

Laura's Babies
07-01-2004, 08:21 AM
I am really thankful that I found PT. I started out just looking at all the pictures and just did that for a long time and then while looking, I realized what a great bunck of folks everyone is and even though I wasn't posting yet, I felt like these were friends.. So, I started posting.

It is wonderful to find people who understand how you are about your babies.

The moral support here is AWESOME and it helps during those stressful times when you need support from people who understand.

It is wonderful to see everyone elses babies and to see them grow, to hear their stories and hear their antics.

I am AMAZED at (ugh oh) how EDUCATIONAL it is here.. Have a question, just ask and you get many good answers that help!

To see stories like my loves, Maggo, and little Tabitha are so heart lifting.

To see HOW hard a lot of people work to just make a differance in the lives of babies that were abondoned, mistreated, lost or abused.....Also heartlifting.

I have learned a lot here, mainly, the human race has NOT gone to hell, there are those who REALLY care!

Thank you to all My PT friends for the impact you have made on my life too!

DJFyrewolf36
07-01-2004, 10:30 AM
I wandered to pet of the day because I did a google search for a pic of a Leo gecko and on about page 4 or 5 the link came up. I went to PT more out of curiosity than anything else...

And now Im stuck :D

Here is a dark secret: For the longest time I H-A-T-E-D cats. I mean, I couldn't stand the things. To me they were pests with hair. Now, I not only love cats I ended up adopting one and will soon be adopting another! I credit PT with that. I would look in the Cat side and see all the wonderful pix and stories and I fell in love :D Thank you PT for turning me into a cat lady :rolleyes:

Now for why I LOVE PT

It is uplifting to see the success stories *Maggo, Alex etc* and it is great how you guys all band together in prayer and support when a pet becomes ill or goes to the RB. Its great to know that Im not the only one that would sell the clothes off of my back to take a pet to the vet :D *I know most of you would do the same thing* Its great to see how you guys simply support each other, not just with pet issues but with issues involving daily life. I know that if I post a problem or something, someone will always be suportive and ready to give helpful advice. I love all of you on here!!

Two people though have really made a big impact on me and I hope that someday I can meet them IRL:

Richard, sometimes when I'm feeling down all I have to do is look for your posts and Im laughing my butt off!! You're hilarious! Also I actually like reading your serious threads too, they make me think and having a discussion with you is quite enjoyable even when we disagree!

Debbie, (sirrahbed) you have been supportive of me and have listened to more of my whining than anyone else I know. You're a great friend and a great person...I wish I could come up with more!

THANK YOU PT!

sirrahbed
07-01-2004, 11:16 AM
I can't begin to list names because so many folks have become special to me here at PT:) I am amazed to have real friends from all over the states and all over the world. One of these days soon, I am planning to actually meet several:D Honestly, there are folks here who are closer to me than anyone in real life. You know who you are! Nobody else I actually have contact with understands how I feel about my pets. I come here for many reasons - for fun and for someone to listen to. I like to help when I am needed also. (Thank you for mentioning me-DJ, I am touched) I also have a virtual baby sister here!! I have learned loys of new things about my animals and other animals. I have folks I can gripe to and a DogHouse where I sometime venture to share my not-so-popular views :p Oh and I have taken up a bit of virtual drinking at Thursdays, too :D
It is just a great place!!!

bluekat
07-01-2004, 11:24 AM
Wow, there are so many reasons why I am really glad that I have joined PT. One reason is that everyone here is so nice and welcoming that it really feels as if we're one big family. I've met so many wonderful people here and I feel that I can talk to you guys about anything. Everyone has helped me in alot of ways. Whenever you need help there is always someone here for you. Everyone on here is so caring.:)

Sometimes PT is more fun than real life. I think I have better friends on here than in real life LOL. If I'm havng a bad day, I come on here and I feel better again.

And of course, another reason why I'm really happy to have found PT is because we're all animal lovers here. Its nice to have a place to talk about our pets and share pictures and everything. Because in real life there's probably about 1 or 2 friends that has the same love for animals as me:p And also, there are some people on here that I've found to have alot in common with me.;)

There's many many other reasons though...but I can't think of them now.

As for the people...there are too many that I can't even name. There are some that I feel I'm closer to than others, but I love you all!:D Thank you everyone for making PT such a great place:D

catmandu
07-01-2004, 11:35 AM
I would definitly would have missed meeting People , like Jen, Kim, and Sara Edwinas Secretary, and all The People, that sent Best Wishes,when I was in The Hoapital. Pet Talkers are My family, as I have very Few Left! And of course Tghe Found xcats would bnever have Gooten, that at Tree , Fron Anna , of Toys from catlover4ever, and you would never got to see The Found Cats!

GoldenRetrLuver
07-01-2004, 11:37 AM
I can't even begin to list the reasons why I'm glad I found Pet Talk. But of course, the biggest reason is that we're all animal lovers. :)

I love each and every one of you, but I'm especially glad that I became great friends with..

Amber [CamCamPup33]: She's always been there for me whenever I needed anything; someone to vent too, talk too, and just play around with. I feel like I can tell her anything, and I wish that one day we could meet in real life. I think of her as a sister. :p

There's also PopTart [popcornbird], Ashley [binka_nugget], Liana [primabella], Emma [Dogz], Audrey [slleipnir], Jessica [k9soul] and soooo many others. I love you all to death. :D

aki
07-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Sometimes popping in here and reading an inspiring story, or seeing new baby pictures/funny photos are just the thing I need for a quick pick-me-up. It's nice to have somewhere to go and just relax in this busy world. Also, it's nice to know that there are other people out there who feel as I do about my furbabies. They are my children. God bless to all! :)

sirrahbed
07-01-2004, 12:22 PM
I thought of another good reason! It helps me keep in touch with my family (sirrahsim and sirrahved):p

DJFyrewolf36
07-01-2004, 12:28 PM
Oh, I forgot to say:

God bless all of you!!!

Oh and a big huge thanx to Karen and Paul who put up with all the problems of keeping a forum like this up and running. And for starting POTD to begin with! One of the reasons Im glad I found PT is that the Admins participate on the boards and they really make sure things stay nice around here! A really big job!!! Not a lot of forums are this nice!

aly
07-01-2004, 12:33 PM
I agree with Bluekat that PT feels like one big family. We do have our disagreements from time to time, but don't all families? :)

I hold everyone here near to my heart, but especially those I have met in person, the late night crew of AIM chatters, a ton of people on the cat side who were very supportive when Chance was sick, those naughty people on the cat side who keep bullying me to keep my fosters Lucky and Chance ;) , and also the older members (not old age! but old join date :) ) who were so welcoming of me when I joined the board. I really don't like naming names, but I have to give a very big special thanks and a hug across the miles to Johanna (ScantyNebula) for adopting my foster girl, Lily, last year. She has provided a loving home for my special girl.

mruffruff
07-01-2004, 01:19 PM
There is no other place like Pet Talk.

The people are always friendly and helpful. Everyone understands about loving and worrying about our pets. I can (and do) laugh, cry or worry with everyone of you.

The emotional support and advice is super. It's educational, uplifting, entertaining, and sometimes sad.

Laura's Babies said it all very well.

I'm grateful that I found you all. You've made me realize that there are some really great people in the world. I'm impressed with the young people. So much talent and so mature in their responsibilties.

And I have to thank Karen and Paul for this site. They do a wonderful job of keeping it running.

Mary

Logan
07-01-2004, 01:23 PM
I have hung in there for a long time now, and I am grateful for each and every one of you!!!! :) We share so many mutual interests and I have made so many friends, lifelong friends!!!! :)

Can you tell that I am glad I'm here??? And my Pet Talk experience might even broaden, if Aly is able to adopt the precious Bennie Cockatiel!!!! :) I hope that works out because I know how much she loves all animals and I know he would be going to a perfect home!!!! :)

Logan

aly
07-01-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Logan
And my Pet Talk experience might even broaden, if Aly is able to adopt the precious Bennie Cockatiel!!!! :) I hope that works out because I know how much she loves all animals and I know he would be going to a perfect home!!!! :)

Thanks so much Logan :D I feel very honored to be able to (hopefully) adopt little Bennie boy and to be able to meet you! And we owe it all to this very special forum - thanks Karen and Paul!

carole
07-01-2004, 03:17 PM
PT is a really nice place for me to visit each day, I am alone alot and I donot feel alone when I am on PT, there is always some wonderful stories to read, some happy,some sad,some funny,some educational, I have learn't so much from being here,met some lovely people, it is just a great place to be and share parts of my life with you.

One can be feeling low and come online and it takes your mind of things, there is always a thread I wish to participate in, I hope I have managed to bring something to PT myself ,even if it is just a kind word now and then.

So to PT and all it's member's THANK YOU for being there for me, having a listening ear, even if I bore you to tear's sometimes lol, bringing comfort, joy, and extra happiness into my life.:)

primabella
07-01-2004, 03:37 PM
I actually came to PT as a place I wanted to occasionally visit so I could ask questions and share pictures of my first pup, Mickey. But I ended up just loving the atmosphere. People here actually understand what it is like to have love for an animal. Plus I have learned a heck of a lot of stuff here. This place has helped to thicken my appreciation for animals, nature and hobbies like photography and web design. PT has also helped to introduce me to certain breeds and animals. Like Ashley said, we are all so different yet we all love animals, which is what really brings us together. Through all the disagreements we may have, when support is needed for a member or their pets, we all come together in a really amazing way.

I have met so many great people here and you all make PT what it is. The ones who I can IM anytime to be as silly and stupid as I am, the ones who are always there to support the others and anyone who shares pictures, information and stories on their pets or themselves. Thanks guys. :)

Oy. I'm done, haha. I'm no good with sappy things. :D

popcornbird
07-01-2004, 03:59 PM
There are so many things that make me glad to have found PT. I never intended to look for a pet forum, nor did I have any wish to join one. I just ended up on PT one morning when I decided to click on *Pet Talk* after about a year of visiting petoftheday.com. I never left.

I have been here for over two years now, and PT has become an everyday routine and a huge part of my daily life. No day is complete without visiting PT. I love that I have a place where I can posts pics of my pets and talk about them without being teased for my love of animals. In real life, people just don't understand why I love my birds and animals in general so much. Here on PT, I don't have that problem. Everyone shares my love for animals, and everyone understands why I love my pets so much.

I also love this place because I never get bored anymore. Before PT, when I had nothing to do, I *really* had nothing to do. I would get bored during the summer and during vacation when we weren't going anywhere, and I was staying at home, most of the time. NOW, I look forward to summer so I can have more time to spend on PT. It really is a pleasure to be a part of this board, and to have made such wonderful friends on it.

As to people, while EVERYONE on PT means a great deal to me in one way or another, there are several here that I have become very close to during my years on PT, and some that I love even more than my friends in real life. I have so many good friends here that I love and cherish, but if I name them all, the list will be endless. Those of you who mean a great deal to me all know who you are.

I don't know how life would be without PT. After being here for over 2 years, I can't really remember how things were before I joined this site, and I can't really remember what I used to do on the internet. Now its like the only site on the internet for me is PT. :p I hardly visit any other, and I'm always late in checking my emails and responding to them now........which isn't good, but checking PT comes before checking my emails. ;)

slick
07-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Hmmmm, Pet Talk, why I'm glad I have it!

Firstly, naming names is not a good thing because it can lead to hurt feelings. Every pet and every Pet Talker is special to me.

I love the support
I love the humour
I love the drama

and

I love to come to a place where I can laugh at myself and allow others to laugh along with me.

catland
07-01-2004, 04:28 PM
I think I'm even more appreciative of my kitties than before PT. More than once I've told them how wonderful they are and if it wasn't for them, I never would have found such a fun and caring web site full of fun and caring people.

K9soul
07-01-2004, 05:06 PM
This is a nice thread :). I haven't even been here a year yet, but I feel so incredibly attached to this place and all the people that are a part of it. It was an impulsive thought that brought me to Pet Talk one day. I was sitting and thinking of my pups and birdies, and how incredibly much they meant to me, and suddenly I yearned so badly for others to really share that with. On a whim, I did a google search for "pet message board." My intention was to look around and see if any boards appealed to me.

Pet Talk was the first I visited, and the last! When I came, and looked at Pet, Dog, and Cat of the day, I was charmed. Then I looked at the forums, read posts, looked at pictures, and was overwhelmed with a desire to jump in share my pets and enjoy seeing and reading about other people's beloved pets. I was addicted almost immediately, posting up quite a storm. I remember when I first posted pictures, and how thrilled I was at the wonderful responses.

Pet Talk has become very special to me. I have made some close friends, and truly have come to care for all of you here. Thanks for accepting me with open arms Pet Talk, and making me a part of this wonderful family :)

Amber
07-01-2004, 05:12 PM
I love PT so much. It's a really special place.

Like others said I feel like we are one huge happy family. I love how I can get support here, a good laugh, and a place to just be with other animal lovers.

ParNone
07-01-2004, 06:19 PM
My first internet message board experience was on the Xena nutforum. That was a very fitting name for it too. Boy was that place a hoot. I made several really close friends there, but got majorily burned by someone too. The behind the scenes of that place would make for a great TV Movie of the Week. Makes Pettalk look like a Disney Movie in comparison.

Anyway, sometime after Xena, I got very dog obsessed. I really needed an outlet for that, because I was driving my friends and family nutz. I stumbled on Pettalk through a yahoo search that landed me on Dog of the Day. I think I may have lurked like all of a day or two, before I decided to start posting. Seemed like a very friendly and inviting place.

I don't think I quite use the place the same as most. I really don't reach out to make any close friends, which I have no doubt is due to the Xena experience, but I really wanted a place to release all my dog talk. Truthfully, nobody could respond to me and I'd probably still go on chattering away to myself about Oz did this or Gully did that or something Murph did. Not that I'm suggesting that anybody do that, of course, because I do enjoy people talking to me.;) This is definitely a very cathartic place for me, being able to write out my thoughts on the 3 most special beings in my life and there's not enough thanks in the world for how much the outpouring of sentiments towards Maddie when she died, meant to me.

Pretty great place to hang out and I don't see my chattering stopping anytime soon. :)

Par...

captain
07-01-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
I am really thankful that I found PT. I started out just looking at all the pictures and just did that for a long time and then while looking, I realized what a great bunck of folks everyone is and even though I wasn't posting yet, I felt like these were friends.. So, I started posting.

It is wonderful to find people who understand how you are about your babies.

The moral support here is AWESOME and it helps during those stressful times when you need support from people who understand.

It is wonderful to see everyone elses babies and to see them grow, to hear their stories and hear their antics.

I am AMAZED at (ugh oh) how EDUCATIONAL it is here.. Have a question, just ask and you get many good answers that help!

To see stories like my loves, Maggo, and little Tabitha are so heart lifting.

To see HOW hard a lot of people work to just make a differance in the lives of babies that were abondoned, mistreated, lost or abused.....Also heartlifting.

I have learned a lot here, mainly, the human race has NOT gone to hell, there are those who REALLY care!

Thank you to all My PT friends for the impact you have made on my life too!

Laura, I could not have said it better ......... I hope you don't mind me "tagging" onto your post.

RICHARD
07-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Everything about PT makes me glad.

(This is not a paid endorsement)

Ed came to live with me about 2.5 years ago.

I never owned a cat before and for the first seven months it was
Edward teaching me about what it's all about..

I was searching for some general info and came across the COTD
site....

OHHHHHHH---pretty kitties!

I found the message board and lurked for a bit.....then, PT bit me.
It's more than a place to ask questions and get info about our kids....

The one thing that makes me jealous as all heck is the people who have taken in the less fortunate animals who opened up their homes, loved them and have taken exceptionally great care of them.

I was very taken about Bob's story earlier this year.

I had to keep my eyes from misting up on the way home. It was kinda awkward trying to explain why my eyes were red - all because of a sick kitty, half a world away.

I wish I had the testicular fortitude to care for animals like the rest of you. I'm just a huge softy..

---------------------------

PS
I'd like to think that it was the emails from Pet Talk, to my Governor, Arhnold S. that tipped the scale in our pets favor..

I can promise you he won't do it again!!!

You all rock!

:D

Lillycat
07-02-2004, 05:36 AM
what a great testimony to a wonderful place......in all our hearts! thanks karen and paul!!!!

dukedogsmom
07-02-2004, 08:06 AM
This is what made me join:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=536&highlight=duke
Duke was DOTD on 10/7/2001 And I regret not getting more actively involved until I got my digital camera. But, I'm so glad I did! I don't want to name any names because there are way too many special people here for me to overlook someone. And, I want to thank Karen and Paul for such a great place and for also saving all these entries. Because I happened to think last night that I had lost a lot of those from my old hard drive. I've still got to find all the old Chance threads but I'm so happy to know they're still there. I really don't know what I did without this place. Someone at work the other day was kind of laughing at me(not in a bad way) because I had all the things for a July 4th photoshoot. I told them a lot of people do it. I just love this place because everyone is animal crazy like me.

CamCamPup33
07-02-2004, 07:30 PM
I just saw this thread, so im kind of late! :o

I think the biggest person who makes me feel glad i found PT is..

Julie [Goldenretrluver].. - She's a really awesome friend, we are always thinking the same thing at the same time, i can talk to her about anything, and if i didn't join pet-talk i would have missed out on such a great friend...

And of course, theres so many of you that i have become close with..

Like.....

Popcornbird, Primabella, Binka_Nugget, Slliepnir, Uhh, so many more of you!! You *ALL* are like my family :D

teenster3
07-02-2004, 11:27 PM
I'm happy to have found a place where everyone LOVES their pets as much as I do!!!!!!:D
It's nice to talk about our pets, our days, anything & everything.....I just love to talk period!
Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!!!!!!!
TINA

wolf_Q
07-03-2004, 02:14 AM
Some of my best friends I found on Pet Talk! I'd have to say great friends is the number one reason I'm glad I found Pet Talk. :)

Also Pet Talk is a wonderful place because there's other animal freaks like me. :D It's great to be able to share photos and stories about my dogs and people actually enjoy them, not think I'm nuts.

You what's sad is that I used to actually like, surf the net, visit chat rooms, etc.......Now I can spend hours on the internet visiting just one website, Pet Talk!

carole
07-03-2004, 09:34 PM
One thing I would like to add about PT, is that you know how genuine it is , because of the PT meetings, where everyone has met one another, and that makes it just that bit extra special.

Only regret is not being able to share those meetings, mind you I am too shy really.:)