PDA

View Full Version : Long Island, N.Y. Cat in need! I copied & pasted this email in case someone can help!

QueenScoopalot
06-30-2004, 04:45 PM

This phone call really broke my heart. An older woman who is being forced to move in with her daughter, isn't allowed to take the 9 year old outdoor cat that she's been caring for since it was a kitten. All of this is due to her son-in-law being "allergic" and fearing for his new "baby's safety..."

This woman is heartbroken and has been on the phone calling EVERYONE...without any luck. She doesn't have a computer so she cannot send me a digital photo. But, gave me the following description:

Female
Spayed
Black/White (Cow-like)
9 years old
Walks with a limp

Comes with a....

Carrier
House
Food
Donation to whoever helps her

The owner's name is Nancy and she is losing hope quickly. I promised that I'd put out a post and see if anyone can help this poor cat...as well as this sweet, caring woman. If you can help, please contact me at 631-754-3734 or [email protected].

Feel free to pass this along to others...Nancy has approx. one month to place this baby.

rg_girlca
06-30-2004, 07:47 PM
This is so sad. That poor, poor woman. I feel so sorry for her.
I hope and pray that someone is able to give her cat a forever, loving home.

leslie flenner
06-30-2004, 09:14 PM
can you help her find a no kill shelter in her area? Can you ask Peabody Shelter (we could talk about transport if someone local could take the cat...)

Laura's Babies
06-30-2004, 09:16 PM
Poor lady! Man, that has to be so hard to give up your baby of 9 years!! I sure hope and pray someone can help.

QueenScoopalot
06-30-2004, 09:24 PM
It would be nice to know the cat's disposition. I have no idea from the post if this is a semi-feral cat, or a stubborn type that won't stay inside. A nine year old cat that's limping deserves to have at least an indoor sanctuary where she can live out her golden years. :(