PDA

View Full Version : Today just gets better and better

dukedogsmom
06-30-2004, 02:14 PM
:mad: Not! I wasn't having a particularly good day anyway and not in a good mood at all. Been busy at work and didn't get enough sleep last night. Finally, at 2, I think I'm going to get away from here and be able to relax. I check my cell phone and find a message from the woman helping me take care of Flair. His leg was just about to the point where there was no more wrapping or bandages to do. Just about a week left. I was so happy. Should have saved it. Last night, a heavy wind was blowing around the barn and spooked all the horses. Flair somehow reared up or spun around and that removed the nice scab that was forming on the worst part of his leg. Woman said it bled bad. Now he's limping. I told her he's just going to have to deal with it because I'm tapped out. I'm not getting screwed by a vet again. Woman says she doesn't think it needed stitches anyway. Besides the $481 that the vet charged, I've forked out over $100 in bandages,wraps, etc. Now I've got even longer to do it. I am majorly depressed and returned her call practically crying. Normally I handle things pretty good but I've just had it today. I also said a few choice words that I can't put here. I just had to get this out. I'm fed up. :mad:

LoudLou
06-30-2004, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry you are having one of those days... I can TOTALLY relate. Here's a big http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/6.gif hug to help ya get through.. Hang in There!

dukedogsmom
06-30-2004, 02:24 PM
Thanks so much! The woman helping me with Flair even drove out at 11 last night to check on him.

Dogz
06-30-2004, 02:29 PM
Oh, Val, I am so sorry you aren't having a good day. Tomorrow is another day! :)

FizzGiggs_Mommy
06-30-2004, 02:39 PM
Was he in a stall or out in pasture ?

It never fails with horses just when you think you are ahed something else happens to them...... about a week ago when I went to visit my two I noticed Lady had gotten the summer slobbers caused by black rot on clover:( then it cleared up and then last night it had come back so I had to remove her from the pasture and she has to now stay in the round pen where there is no clover:(

I sure do hope your Flair gets better soon and I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

anna_66
06-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Oh Val I'm so sorry to hear about Flair and the bad day you've been having. I sure hope it gets better.
http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/HugsThanks/hugsblueheart.gif

dukedogsgrandma
06-30-2004, 07:55 PM
Oh, Valerie and Flair! I'm Flair's Grandma, as well as Duke's and when you are hurting, I hurt, too. I hope this won't set Flair back too much iin his healing. I will also say an extra prayer for both of you. God bless.

I love the heart sigs you have for Duke and Flair. And I love YOU!

Holly's mom
06-30-2004, 09:00 PM
Oh, I hope Flair heals up soon! Hugs to you!!

MariaM
07-01-2004, 12:09 AM
Awww I'm sorry you're having such a bad day! I am having a bad day too, but for way different reasons. I am sorry about Flair! :( Sometimes I get really worked up and just need to let out all my anger, but I usually don't let it out in a good way. I can sort of relate, because we are both having bad days. Sorry to here, you guys will be in my prayers too!

Kfamr
07-01-2004, 02:11 AM
I hope you're feeling better than you were earlier, Val.

How are things with that truck? I hope you're able to get it, because I know you really want it.

{{{HUGS}} PM me whenever you'd like, and remember you're always welcome over here to get away from things and relax at the beach!

dukedogsmom
07-01-2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks to everyone and I apologise for the gripe. Yesterday was just an unusually horrible day and I had to get it out somehow. I'm more or less back to normal today which is good.

MariaM
07-01-2004, 05:29 PM
I know how that feels! As our teacher said "You can't bottle up your anger, sometimes, you just gotta let 'er rip!":D

Glad you're doing better today!

anna_66
07-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Glad to hear your "back to normal":D