PDA

View Full Version : My silence is broken

daurdiem
06-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Hello everyone......I have been a closet regular at PT. I love to see everyone's pictures of their animals and read all the clever and caring comments. You all seem so NICE and we definetly share a common interest....our LOVE for our pets. My family has 4 dogs and 9 wonderful kitty kats. I am going to TRY and attach a photo of Rupert....my survivor cat. He found our family a very sick cat. After several trips to the vet treating an upper respiratory infection x-rays revealed he had a tumor under his soft palate in his mouth. This was non-operative, but the vet injected steroids into the tumor and said it would help the swelling and temporarily correct breathing problems. After about a week It was a MIRACLE, he was a new cat, playing, eating, loving his nip..and today several months later he has not had any reoccurance of breathing problems...My true survivor.

Uabassoon
06-30-2004, 11:34 AM
Awww Rupert is so cute! I'm glad you finally decided to post and I hope we get to see more of you and your furkids around here :)

Grace
06-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Rupert is so handsome - love the white whiskers :)

QueenScoopalot
06-30-2004, 11:39 AM
What a beautiful and lucky kitty Rupert is! (That's one of my favorite kitty names). Welcome to Pettalk! Jan (owned by many) :D

NoahsMommy
06-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Rupert is stunning! I love that little white paw. :) Its great to hear he's doing so well now.

Welcome to Pet Talk! I'm Kelly and I have 8 cats and 2 birds...you can see them in my signature. :)

daurdiem
06-30-2004, 11:45 AM
here is another picture of Rupert. I don't really know what I am doing...how come it looks SO BIG??

CatMama78
06-30-2004, 11:48 AM
Oh my goodness, talk about being too darn cute!!! Rupert is such a cutie pie :). And he has a touching story.

Maresche
06-30-2004, 11:58 AM
Rupert is a gorgeous cat and I love the name.

I've always had a thing for grey cats with white trimmings. ^_^

Twink
06-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Awwwwww, he's just gorgeous! I can't wait to see pics of the rest of your tribe. :D

I'm so glad you de-lurked. You have a huge fur family, and we LOVE huge fur families around here!! ;) Even those of us who have small ones. I have two big boy cats, Rizzo and Barliman. They say hello. :D

daurdiem
06-30-2004, 12:04 PM
Thank you for all of your kind words, once I figure out how to correctly post pictures I'll post some of all of my other babies. Any suggestions on properly putting pictures on the post.

Twink
06-30-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by daurdiem
Thank you for all of your kind words, once I figure out how to correctly post pictures I'll post some of all of my other babies. Any suggestions on properly putting pictures on the post.

Open an account for yourself at Photobucket.com. Then, once you upload your pictures to that account, you can just copy the "IMG" line under a picture into your post, and viola! Picture-in-post! ;) If you have troubles with it, there's a tutorial post about pictures around here somewhere, which I'm sure some kind soul will post a link to. . .

CatMama78
06-30-2004, 12:35 PM
What Twink said is how I did it! And I had no clue what to do :). Before you do anything, open your pictures in whatever software you have to view pictures (mine's Microsoft). There should be an option to Edit, Change Size or something similiar and you should shrink it down to 50-70% of its original size and save. Then go to Photobucket.com and Follow those steps. You may have to do some trial and error with how much to shrink you picture, though. I just know if I didn't pre-shrink, they were huge. It took me a week or two to figure everything out : /

RedHedd
06-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Aww Rupert is so cute, but we do need to see more of him -- I see a hint of a white-tipped tail .... and I LOVE his white-tipped paws!

Has the tumor gone away completely?

jazzcat
06-30-2004, 12:51 PM
Oh Boy, another gorgeous gray boy!!!! I have a huge soft spot for solid gray or gray and white kitties. I definitely want to see more pictures of Rupert. I'm so glad he is doing so well now. Sounds like you are a very good meowmie. I'm anxious to see pictures of all your other furbabies too.

This might help you with posting pictures.
Posting Pictures 101 (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406)

Welcome to PT!!!! It's nice to meet you and Rupert - hope to meet the rest soon.

catlover4ever
06-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. I must say that Rupert is a cutie-pa-tootie!!!! I look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more stories of your babies.

kimlovescats
06-30-2004, 01:10 PM
Rupert is so beautiful! I'm glad you are posting now, and I hope we will get to meet your other kitties soon!;)

Cataholic
06-30-2004, 01:11 PM
Those white whiskers! WOW. Rupert is a cutie pie. Glad you have broken the silence, now get talking and posting. You have some CATching up to do. :D

Barbara
06-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Welcome daurdiem!
Rupert is so sweet!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Welcome to PT! Rupert is adorable! I sure hope you figure out the picture thing because we'd love to see the rest of your herd! (if you haven't noticed already, we are picture mongers here at PT). ;) :D

ChrisH
06-30-2004, 03:41 PM
Rupert is gorgeous! :) Welcome to Pet Talk.:D

carole
06-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Yes come on in ,don't be shy, we love to hear all about you, Rupert is simply stunning,keep em pictures and post a coming, WELCOME!!!!

spunkymeow
06-30-2004, 09:12 PM
what a beautie!!!! You are a VERY handsome boy Rupert!! Blessy is blushing.

Lillycat
07-01-2004, 06:35 AM
what a cutie-pie !!!

Killearn Kitties
07-01-2004, 09:11 AM
I'm very glad you joined, so you could tell us all about Rupert. What an adorable sweetie! :) We do love pictures here at PT and would just love to meet the rest of your herd.

catmandu
07-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Right On Rupert , is so Handsome, and a Real Partee Cat, To Boot!

daurdiem
07-01-2004, 11:37 AM
You bet..Rupert is a Pardy Animal! Specially after a little of the nip!;)

DJFyrewolf36
07-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Awww how handsome Rupert is!!! Welcome to PT! Glad to see you posting!