PDA

View Full Version : Who mows your lawn ...

BitsyNaceyDog
06-30-2004, 11:21 AM
Who mows your lawn? How often? How long does it take?

Either Justin or I do it, depending who can find time. In the summer we do it once a week. I was just out there in the HOT Florida sun for 2 hours and didn't even finish. I came inside for a lunch break.

MariaM
06-30-2004, 11:25 AM
Mostly my brother Mike, sometimes my brother Thomas, and sometimes my dad. It gets mowed about 1nce a week too, depending. The front and back probably take...about an hour and a half altogether, don't ever really time it though.:)

Kfamr
06-30-2004, 11:27 AM
It must be mowing day in FL... my dad just finished mowing. :p Usually my mom or dad does it, sometimes they have a friend of ours do it who has a lawn mowing business.

It takes them a hour-2 hours, sometimes less sometimes more depending on what they're doing

Sweet Sixy
06-30-2004, 11:28 AM
My mom usually mows the lawn, but I do it when I am home if I can. It gets mowed about twice a week usually and takes about 4 hours. We have quite a bit of land!

bluekat
06-30-2004, 11:35 AM
Only my dad does it:p LOL

He probably does it once every two weeks maybe...and it takes around 1-2 hours I think.

Maresche
06-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Hubby does it usually once a week or sometimes as often as 3 times in two weeks. It only takes 20-30 mins though. Let's here it for tiny lots!:cool:

Dogz
06-30-2004, 11:49 AM
My mom loves to mow the lawn, so she does part of it. Her part takes about 2 hours. Then my dad does another part and that takes about another hour. We do it about every week. :)

ramanth
06-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Some lawn care company the apartment complex hires. :D

Growing up I helped mow my parents 2 acres. :)

tomkatzid
06-30-2004, 12:19 PM
I do it, and our neighbors to the South and part of the neighbors to the North. The South people are old and need help. The North just don't do it often enough so I do their front. Always once a week. Little over an hour I guess. Not sure. But were are putting in lots more grass so it will take longer soon. Have to wait for the Seattle sun to go away a bit before planting though.
Katz

GoldenRetrLuver
06-30-2004, 12:24 PM
We have a gardener who takes of the front part of the house; mowing, plant/flower care, etc.

My dad takes care of the backyard. He mows once a week, usually on Sundays, and it can take a little over 2 hours once he's done with the whole backyard. :p

Aspen and Misty
06-30-2004, 12:28 PM
I do!! For 20 dollars (sorry made a mistake and put my old pay number down) a week and it takes me 15 mins :)

I also mow another ladies yard who pays me $30 and it takes me 2 hours.

Ash

LoudLou
06-30-2004, 12:51 PM
I am allergic to almost everything outside and neither of us has the time so we hire out for lawn care. LOUD Louie's lawn guy is named Don. He comes about every other week. And every other week I must inform LOUD Louie that Don is not here to steal our stuff.
:rolleyes:

It takes him a couple hours to an hour to mow.

jazzcat
06-30-2004, 01:06 PM
I do usually. Just had to quit before I got finished with the backyard because it started storming and pouring rain. Oh well.

It takes me about and hour and 20 minutes to do it all with a push mower. We have lots of landscaping and it take forever to mow and trim around it.

CountryWolf07
06-30-2004, 01:37 PM
My dad or my two brothers.

davidpizzica
06-30-2004, 01:42 PM
I usually cut my grass about once a week. That's after I spend 8 hours cutting grass at the country club!!!

lynnestankard
06-30-2004, 02:29 PM
He he he David - is that called taking work home with you? :D :D

Don does ours and it takes...........oh.................about 15 minutes!!!

:D :D :D

Lynne

Tina
06-30-2004, 02:33 PM
My husband does it he loves to mow.:rolleyes: :p It takes him probably about a hour or so. He usually mows once a week.

I use to help my mow my parents yard though when I was living at home.

slleipnir
06-30-2004, 02:34 PM
Either me or my brother. I don't do it so much anymore cause I'm lazy or something. I've been mowing the law for the last few years myself though. I still do inside the dog fence though as they're my dogs

FizzGiggs_Mommy
06-30-2004, 02:41 PM
When I have my horses over the house they do:D

Cataholic
06-30-2004, 02:47 PM
I do! I have tried and tried to talk one of the kitties into it. They said, "no way"! Something about kitty labor laws, blah blah.

I am shooting for another 6 weeks...then, I will break down and hire someone- maybe. Depends on how I feel. It only takes me 25 minutes, and it is totally flat.

jazzcat
06-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I do! I have tried and tried to talk one of the kitties into it. They said, "no way"! Something about kitty labor laws, blah blah.

I am shooting for another 6 weeks...then, I will break down and hire someone- maybe. Depends on how I feel. It only takes me 25 minutes, and it is totally flat.

:eek: :eek: If I was expecting there is no way I would be mowing. When is your due date? Six more weeks of mowing? Is it a riding mower or a push mower? If it's a riding and vibrates like my Dad's that baby will be coming early, lol. Since I push mow there is no way I could keep doing it. Wow, I'm impressed.

anna_66
06-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Mark (my husband) mows ours. Usually once a week, but here lately with all the rain we were having he's been doing it twice a week. And it takes about an hour and a half on the riding mower, and then about half an hour to an hour to do triming.

It must be mowing day, Mark just mowed ours this afternoon. Guess it's a nice day all overhttp://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/jossun.gif

Cookiebaker
06-30-2004, 05:14 PM
My brother-in-law has a landscape business and he gives us a good deal. :) We have almost an acre, it would take Mark 3-4 hours, broken up over 2 days to get it done every week. It's pretty hilly. Next year, we will probably get a riding mower, and then we can get it done in half an hour.

carole
06-30-2004, 05:34 PM
It has to be hubby, as I am unable anymore, its fustrating because I have the time and he does not really, its only a small section thank goodness, but it gets done when the weather is good and he can do it.

davidpizzica
06-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
He he he David - is that called taking work home with you? :D :D

Don does ours and it takes...........oh.................about 15 minutes!!!

:D :D :D

Lynne Lynne, it's like a bus driver going on a bus trip lol It usually takes me about an hour to cut my yard. When I feel my knee acting up, I go into the house and give it a rest. I don't know how I do it with my knee hurting, but I manage. BTW, when I went to see the nurse/dietician about my diabetes, she took a look at it and she said that it should be replaced. OH BOY!!:confused:

ComedyDevil
06-30-2004, 06:05 PM
Who mows my lawn? Jerry of course :D

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v296/junoandtwister/Pets/jerry.jpg

I also have a ton of neighbours who'd love him to mow theirs for them. Dont tell him that though, hes supposed to be on a diet ;)

lizbud
06-30-2004, 06:11 PM
A fellow named Bob mows my grass usually about once a
week. (Really depends on the weather) Takes about 45 mins
with mowing & trimming.:) Had it done today & it looks so good.:D

Twisterdog
06-30-2004, 09:56 PM
I used to mow the lawn, but now that my son is old enough, it is his job. :)

It takes only about 30 minutes to mow the front yard. The dogs killed all the grass in their yard, so now we don't have to mow it. :rolleyes:

Freckles
06-30-2004, 10:06 PM
I mow my lawn and neighbor's. Takes about 45 min. total.
I consider it part of my exercise program.:)

Logan
06-30-2004, 10:12 PM
We have a lot of yard. I have always enjoyed cutting the grass as it has been therapeutic for me, but now, Helen cuts it sometime, Scott cuts it sometime, Russell ( a great fellow who has helped me for years) cuts it sometimes, and just this past weekend, my stepson, Andrew, who is 9, earned a little money and cut a lot of it!!!! :)

Logan

popcornbird
07-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Lawn mowing is my job! No one else does it!!! I actually enjoy it though. I do all the gardening in this house. My mom will occasionally help me when we're planting new stuff, but the mowing/trimming/maintaining the yard/garden is all my job.

wolf_Q
07-01-2004, 01:01 AM
I absolutely HATE mowing the lawn. If I were to pick chores I think that'd be the last one I'd ever pic.

The lawn mowing duty is split between me and my parents. I don't know how long it takes but it sure seems like forever. The front lawn is easy but the back is such a pain. Our back yard is basically a hill which totally sucks to mow.

If I ever have my own house I'll hire somebody.

neko1
07-01-2004, 06:31 AM
Since hubby hates mowing the lawn so much, we just hired a landscaper to do it. We don't have a lot of yard, so it doesn't take the guy that long to do it on his riding mower.

catmandu
07-01-2004, 11:51 AM
The New Neighnbor lets me use his Power Mower , which is a lot quicker, and I get him things for his Doggies! Ita A pleasure,to use A Good Machine!

sirrahbed
07-01-2004, 12:54 PM
It USED to take hubby close to two hours - we have a HUGE back yard. A few months ago, he got a new toy:D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/pe82a456a6898c7d127e07f073d9324ac/f8e3cc3a.jpg
Now that lawn is done in about a half hour and gets mowed more often than ever!:D :D

mruffruff
07-01-2004, 01:46 PM
I was sure you were going to say it now takes 3 hours!:D

Mary

sirrahbed
07-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by mruffruff
I was sure you were going to say it now takes 3 hours!:D

Mary
Funny Mary! It sure does get mowed allot more though!!!:D

Felicia's Mom
07-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Probably the landlord or someone he hires. I not sure because I am at work.

Stenograsaurus
07-02-2004, 09:57 AM
My horses mow a good portion of it. :p What is left hubby mows with the riding lawn mower. He usually does it once a week (although it could be done more). I am unable to mow it now but next summer since I'll be home more I think it will be my job. I think it usually takes an hour and a half to two hours (that includes raking it up and throwing it in the field for the horses.). They love the freshly cut green grass.