PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Pepper Jack...Please

catcrazylady
06-30-2004, 07:56 AM
I know I haven't posted about Pepper Jack being puny but I didn't think it was anything to worry about. Now I'm getting scared and we are taking him to the vet tonight. I called and begged for an appointment.
Sunday he was puny but you know sometimes they get that way and I didn't pay too much attention. Monday night when we got home he seemed a bit better and ate a little and drank. Last night he won't hardly get up and when he does he acts really wierd. He walks a few feet and stops and stares. It's like he is seeing things. He will look side to side like there is something there and he watches it. He wouldn't eat breakfast and he has not been bouncing around like usual. Pepper has always been a bundle of energy with springs in legs! I miss him helping with absolutely everything and he used to talk to me all the time. Now he is so quiet.
I'm not sure what is going on but hopefully we will find out tonight and it won't be anything too bad. He is just scaring me with the way he is acting. Very odd and unlike any of the cats when they have been sick.
Please pray for him today. I love my Pepper Jack to pieces and I want him to be ok. I hope if the prayers start early then maybe God will take care of him by this afternoon and vet trip won't be anything bad.
I'm sure I'm being a very over protective purrent but it's always so scary when they are sick. Thank you in advance for all the good vibes and prayers that I know you all will send.

Pepper Jack
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/p94dbe6005ae867f3ac8009b678cb556e/f9ab669b.jpg

Grace
06-30-2004, 08:02 AM
What a gorgeous creature!! Prayers and good thoughts for as long as you need them.

Craftlady
06-30-2004, 08:09 AM
Will keep good thoughts today :)

kimlovescats
06-30-2004, 08:11 AM
Oh, Lisa... I love Pepper Jack too ... always have! Praying right now for your precious boy, that everything will be ok.

((((HUGS))))
Kim

lizzielou742
06-30-2004, 08:16 AM
Oh, no! Poor Pepper Jack! I will be thinking of him and of you today, and checking back often for updates. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

(((hugs)))

trinity
06-30-2004, 08:19 AM
Count me in! Happy, healthy thoughts and lots of mental hugs on the way! Get well soon!

Laura's Babies
06-30-2004, 08:19 AM
Oh Lisa!! Poor Pepper Jack!! Poor you! Prayers are going already for that special boy.. Just when my news is good about Midnight, everyone else is going through it too. PLEASE post soon as you get back tonight because we will sure be worried sick until we hear from you.

Pepper Jack, you wonderful blend of a spicey boy, GET WELL SOON and return to you wonderful, sweet self!! Aunt Laura, Chester, Amy, Giz and now Midnight.

catcrazylady
06-30-2004, 08:22 AM
Thanks you guys and I promise to post as soon as we get back this evening. Our appt isn't until 4:15 so it will be a while before we go. I think it's all the illness and poor PeeWee that have me in that scared to death mode. You know the one where you just know something bad is going to happen because you have been to lucky so far!

catmandu
06-30-2004, 08:49 AM
Of course,All Prayers,are coming from the Found Cat hote,for our Dear Pal Pepper Jack, and we pray that he is so back, to his old self!

Steffi N
06-30-2004, 08:49 AM
Sending warm and hopeful thoughts that Pepper Jack will be better soon.
((HUGS))

catlover4ever
06-30-2004, 08:57 AM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts for Pepper Jack. I made sure the kitties crossed all their paws today as well.

nibblets
06-30-2004, 09:23 AM
He is so pretty and that picture of him is just awesome! I said a little prayer for him and hope everything turns out fine.

CatMama78
06-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Prayers for you and Pepper Jack. I can imagine how worried you must be. :( :( All paws and fingers crossed that Pepper Jack is ok.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Positive thoughts and prayers going out for sweet Pepper Jack! I sure hope it's nothing serious. :(

slick
06-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Prayers on the way for Pepper Jack. I hope it's nothing serious but good to check anyway. You never can be too careful.

jazzcat
06-30-2004, 10:23 AM
Oh no! I'll be saying prayers and thinking positive thoughts for Pepper Jack.

sirrahbed
06-30-2004, 10:35 AM
oh NO! (((LISA)))) I am sure praying for you and for Pepper Jack. How frightening! I know what you mean about freaking out since losing little Pee Wee. It worries us extra now. Yes, will be sure to check in tonight to hear how ya'll are doing. I know today will be a long one for you.:( :( Take care my dear friend.

catnapper
06-30-2004, 10:43 AM
Prayers for the bouncy Pepper Jack!!!! Please, God, make sure he's not sick!

{{{HUGS}}} to CCL and Pepper Jack

Twink
06-30-2004, 10:57 AM
Lots of prayers for Pepper Jack. :( I'm sure it's nothing serious, but oh, I hate to think of that happy little sweetheart being sick!! I'll be lurking until I hear how the appt. went.

aly
06-30-2004, 11:07 AM
My prayers are on the way for sweet, handsome Pepper Jack.

Try not to worry too much, I am sure the vet will be able to help. I don't know if you remember the ordeal my Chancey went through awhile back. He had me scared to death. He wouldn't move really for 5 days. He didn't really eat and barely drank. He'd get up a little here and there, but most of the time was just in a ball on the floor. I took him to the vet on the second day and they gave me some antibiotics for him, did a fecal, and sent me out the door. They did say he had a high fever, but didn't do anything to help him. I took him to a different vet after I saw the antibiotics werent' working. They said his fever was WAY high and they gave him a couple shots that bring fever down and put him on an ice pack. I came back to pick him up an hour later and he was being his goofy self, flirting with all the vet techs. I remember carrying him to the car in his carrier and the carrier bouncing around because he was playing. I wasn't sure he'd make it through that, but he turned out to be just fine! The vets weren't even positive what it was. They said it could have been pancreatitis or just fever of unknown origin that cats sometimes get.

Maybe Pepper Jack has a fever like Chance did? It can make them feel so bad that they just won't do anything at all :( If he does have a fever, make your vet give him the injections that bring a fever down. You also may want to get an IV in him to rehydrate him. I'm sure your vet will think of all this, but just in case!

Get well soon, Pepper Jack!

catcrazylady
06-30-2004, 12:08 PM
Thanks to EVERYONE for the well wishes and prayers. Aly I agree with you that cats can sometimes jsut get mysterious virus's and a fever really puts a cat down. So far whenever we have taken a cat to our vet and there is fever he gives them the injection and the fever is almost gone by the time we get home! I don't know what that stuff is but it's amazing!!
I hope thats all it is and I will have good news tonight and I really hope to have my Pepper Jack back soon. I really miss the little stinker being underfoot all the time. He is my big green eyed boy and I want him back to his always in trouble self!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

PayItForward
06-30-2004, 12:10 PM
Pepper Jack get well soon

K & L
06-30-2004, 12:11 PM
He's gorgeous! I hope he's well in no time!

RICHARD
06-30-2004, 12:13 PM
Good thoughts for PJ!!

:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Keeping you and Pepper Jack in my thoughts and prayers.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Lots of prayers for Pepper Jack and you too!
He looks so much like my Leonardo! All 4 of my cats have their paws crossed too!

AbbyMom
06-30-2004, 12:38 PM
Prayers on the way!

ChrisH
06-30-2004, 12:43 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for Pepper Jack.

RedHedd
06-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Healing thoughts, prayers and shining white light going out your way that Pepper Jack will get better soon and that the vet will discover that it's nothing that isn't treatable. {{{{{{{{{{PEPPERJACK}}}}}}}}}}}}

Cataholic
06-30-2004, 01:15 PM
Prayers for Pepper Jack.

I have to echo what Aly said. Both Dakky and Tenny were similarly set last month. Lethargy, not eating, unloving, etc. Both had a fever. Both got the fluids under the skin, and a course of antibiotics. Tenny even got blood work! Who knows what it was, really. After a few days, they both turned around. But, it was scary. Especially with this heat.

I so hope it is nothing more than a virus. Hugs.

kimlovescats
06-30-2004, 01:20 PM
I agree, CCL, that kitties do get bugs sometimes and I know for a fact that fever itself can really slow a kitty down. Please be positive .... I am sure that our sweet Pepper Jack will be fine!!!;)

((((((HUGS)))))))))

catcrazylady
06-30-2004, 02:17 PM
Thanks again all!! I'm getting ready to leave work early and go get the little guy. I'm sure no matter how sick he is we will have that dreaded fight to get in the carrier. They find the strength to fight that no matter what!
I feel so bad for worrying like this when I just read about poor Elvis. I just don't want Pepper Jack to be number three.
I'll post as soon as I get back but I'm sure with all the good thoughts and prayers it will be ok.
I love you guys!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

lizzielou742
06-30-2004, 02:57 PM
Good Luck, CCL....hang in there and keep us posted.

lynnestankard
06-30-2004, 03:01 PM
Oh poor Pepper Jack - I hope it's nothing serious CCL .

I'll be keeping Jack and You in my thoughts and prayers - all fingers and paws crossed over here.

Lynne

Kirsten
06-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Oh CCL, this is so scary!!! :( I know how much you love your Pepper Jack, and I hope it's nothing serious!!

It seems too many of us have to worry about our beloved fur kids lately. :(

Sending positive thoughts to sweet Pepper Jack,

Kirsten

aki
06-30-2004, 04:23 PM
CCL....Prayers from us for Petter Jack. God Bless

rg_girlca
06-30-2004, 08:27 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for Pepper Jack.