PDA

View Full Version : Update on Soda & Cracker

Dogz
06-29-2004, 07:55 PM
No update was asked for, but I would like to give one anyway. :p

Well, I had both of the birds sitting with me at the computer, but Soda was being naughty. (Chewing on cords and such.) So, I put him back in his cage. Not for a punishment, but I wanted to spend some time with Cracker.

Cracker and I were just sittin ghere, and she is quite mellow. She loves listening to me type on the keyboard and cocks her head, listening.

She was so quiet, so I whistled to her, make kissing noises, and was saying "Cracker." She would make a little peeping noise.

Soda thought that she was talking to him! So he started up in song, and she ignored him. She wouldn't make a sound unless I was talking to her. He he he.

It seems as if she is a "hard-to-get" type of girl.

Earlier this month, the birdies were sitting on their perch that I put in the room that I am in so they can be with me. Soda and Cracker were preening. Soda kept moving closer to Cracker. She ignored him. :p Then he started preening her. She just kept preening herself. When he stopped preening her, he put his head down. Obviously waiting for his turn! Yeah right! :eek: Cracker just kept preening herself, and finally, Soda gave up. LOL!

Okay, sorry to bore you. It is just so great to have birdies. They are such a joy. Even watching them just makes me smile. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
06-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Awwww! That's adorable! :D

Gosh.. I think I really need to get Piper a friend. Having one Cockatiel is great, but maybe two is better? ;)

After all.. we do have two of every other pet here. :p

Psst.. post some new pictures of the cute birdies, Emma. :D

popcornbird
06-29-2004, 11:38 PM
AWWW!!! :D Popcorn and Muffin do the EXACT same thing! Muffin will go up to Popcorn and put her head down, asking for a scritchie. Popcorn ignores her and continues to preen himself. Then Muffin goes up to him, pecks on him to let him know she's there, and puts her head down again. Popcorn continues to ignore her. :p Eventually, Muffin goes to Popcorn and preens HIM, trying to explain what she wants him to do, but alas, no use. Popcorn enjoys getting Muffin's scritches, but no way is he going to preen her! Poor Muffin resorts to getting scritches from me instead. :p

aly
06-30-2004, 12:32 AM
Emma, you need to give pictures with updates! What are you trying to do, torture us??? ;)

My Peanuts
06-30-2004, 01:01 PM
LOL!!! Soda is just like poor Danny. The only difference is Alex would never let Danny preen her. She wasn't going to let that happen. Even now with their visits Danny will inch closer and closer to Alex until she nips at him. He loves her sooooo much and she doesn't care for him much. Thanks for the update on Soda and Cracker.

Yesterday, I brought Alex and Danny close enough to Milton, just to take a peek. They weren't really close at all because Milton is being quarantined. Anyway, Danny looked at Milton, then looked at Alex looking at Milton. Danny then puffed up his wings and got right in Alex's face and started singing. It was hilarious! Poor Danny doesn't want Milton to move in on his chick! :D Danny was so jealous. Alex was only looking! Birds are so funny sometimes.

Logan
06-30-2004, 01:58 PM
Emma, you are so right about birds! They ARE fun to have and to watch. Roger and Milly take turns preening each other. It is the sweetest thing to watch! I want pictures of Soda and Cracker too!!

Dogz
06-30-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
I brought Alex and Danny close enough to Milton, just to take a peek. They weren't really close at all because Milton is being quarantined. Anyway, Danny looked at Milton, then looked at Alex looking at Milton. Danny then puffed up his wings and got right in Alex's face and started singing. It was hilarious! Poor Danny doesn't want Milton to move in on his chick! :D Danny was so jealous. Alex was only looking! Birds are so funny sometimes.

I am laughing SO hard right now! What a cute story! LMAO!

By the way, about the pictures. I will look for some older ones to upload because my camera is sick right now and is leaving for the camera doctor today. :(

teenster3
07-03-2004, 09:00 AM
hahaha.....how cute.....you go girl!
It just goes to show the same goes in all species right?!
That was a cute story....made me laugh!!!!!:D

RobiLee
07-07-2004, 10:53 AM
I love reading about the birdies! I need to visit over in pet general more often!

Robin :)