PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate cat owner's kit.

RICHARD
06-29-2004, 04:19 PM
I am putting together a 'cat owner's kit'-

What tools, games, toys, virtues and characteristics should be placed in a kit like that??

sirrahbed
06-29-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I am putting together a 'cat owner's kit'-

What tools, games, toys, virtues and characteristics should be placed in a kit like that??

catnip
boxes
toilet paper or paper towels to shred
a laser light
window with ledge
masking tape (to pick up fur)
Xanax for servant (j/k:D )

DJFyrewolf36
06-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Some off the top of my head suggestions...

A vacum? Not just an ordinary vacum...but one that can pick up ALL cat hair from any surface! It needs a clothing vacum attachment too lol.

A squishy hairball detector? I want a device that I wear on my wrist that tells me where all the hairballs are at before I step on them, wouldn't that be great?

Catnip...maybe just a catnip growing setup would be nice...it would keep kitties from chewing on the rest of the plant life.

:D If you produce this kit Richard, I want to be the first to order one!

Lacey
06-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Mini-mice. Gobs and gobs of mini-mice. That way when the mysterioius mini-mouse fairy comes to steal them away, there will still be some around. :D

DJFyrewolf36
06-29-2004, 04:31 PM
It is funny how you buy a cat 20 or so of those dern mini-mice and they ALL vanish....

Where do cats keep those things?!

slick
06-29-2004, 04:57 PM
OK I may be analyzing this too much but a cat owner is a hooman so a cat owner's kit would have things in it for hoomans?:confused: which of course would contain bandaids....

Laura's Babies
06-29-2004, 05:24 PM
Automatic pooper scooper litter box!!

Automatic treat despenser

RICHARD
06-29-2004, 05:36 PM
How's about patience?

Or webbed feet? to keep the hairballs from gushing between your toes?

An automatic nail trimmer???

RedHedd
06-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Where do cats keep those things?! Under the couch! I found several when I replaced my old loveseat a couple of weeks ago. Now that my cats KNOW I can look under there I've caught them red-pawed pushing the mice under there and then meowing and waiting expectantly for me to go retrieve them! We know who's training who at my house! :rolleyes:

RICHARD
06-29-2004, 06:02 PM

Under the fridge.....everyone knows cats don't have pockets!!;)

AmberLee
06-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
...We know who's training who at my house! ...

Once again silly old me is trying to drink a liquid when reading on PT. :o :p :eek: Dripping monitor syndrome!

RICHARD
06-29-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
Once again silly old me is trying to drink a liquid when reading on PT. :o :p :eek: Dripping monitor syndrome!

DMS-Dripping Monitor Syndrome-Malady cause by reading about the pet hijinks on Pet Talk.

Congratulations. I believe yours is the FIRST
Syndrome in the dictionary...

Post it as your own!!

catnapper
06-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Any cat kit MUST contain one of each: paper and plastic bags.

Perhaps a few flies and moths for future entertainment.

spunkymeow
06-29-2004, 06:46 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is too true. I can't even say how many packages of those balls that have bells inside of them, have just vanished. They have ALL just disappeared!

As far as a kitty kit:

*love
*patience
*long flexible stick with feathers on the end (my kitties' fave)
*a maid to clean up after 3 kitties ( i feel bad for everyone that has many!! lol)
*window sill (very much agree with that) - indoor kitties need to be able to see the outside world, even if it is through a screen
*good eatin'
*pounce (shake it up, they come a running, lol)
*a couch leg to claw - forget the big kitty trees I spent many dollars on! (what would be a home without clawed up couch sides!)
*a bullet-proof vest (to ease the pain of those random times cat jumps up on your back or arm in a complete vertical manner)
*white badding - so they won't lay on it, instead claw it up and eat it! lol
and how could I forget.................
*a 20lb bag of cat litter left out in the open (so you can come home to a cat sand box on your living room floor!)

Pam
06-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Ear plugs for those early weekend mornings when kitty thinks breakfast should be served at 'during the week' time. :rolleyes:

Dust pan and brush kept handy for sweeping up the chards of glass and fine bone china that kitty has seen fit to bat to the floor. :p

Bottle of booze to calm your pounding heart should the above occur at 3:00 a.m. :p

trayi52
06-29-2004, 07:53 PM
OMG, what a funny thread!

Grover wakes me up of a morning licking my nose. Then when I am drinking coffee, she suddenly decides to give me head bumpies, and the coffee goes right up my nose. So yes, lots of paper towls for us too!

Bandaids is a great idea! And that hairball detector is a fantastic idea!

Willie:D

catmandu
06-30-2004, 09:19 AM
A Cat Dancer AWA Mice and Whiskas Temptations, the latter JJJ3s idea!

RICHARD
06-30-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Pam

Dust pan and brush kept handy for sweeping up the chards of glass and fine bone china that kitty has seen fit to bat to the floor. :p

Bottle of booze to calm your pounding heart should the above occur at 3:00 a.m. :p

Glue and a shot glass???:D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-30-2004, 12:23 PM
I asked my four ex-pur-ts and here are their suggestions:
Leonardo: CATNIP and a good brush
Luke: CATNIP and TUNA
Chester: CATNIP and lots of the balls with the bells in them
Grandma: CATNIP and Pounce tuna treats

All of them agree on: lots of time for cuddles, snuggles and scratching itchy ears and chins!!!

I suggest a cat meow dictionary, lots of love, and TONS of patience!
:D