PDA

View Full Version : Does your vet read PT?

Randi
06-29-2004, 01:59 PM
When something really interesting = bad, happens on PT, I send the thread to my vet and ask him for advise. I did when Bassett and Binx were so sick. He always replies, and he's very eager to help if he can. Unfortunately he couldn't. :( Anyway, it's nice to have a vet you can chat with like a friend. :)

Bwt, he has an orange tabby. :D

What's your vet like?

ramanth
06-29-2004, 02:15 PM
I like my vet, she's real nice. :) Kia just loves her and the staff. I've never sent her a link to PT.

Barbara
06-29-2004, 02:29 PM
My vet is very interested in any news and always willing to discuss new ideas (that I usually get at PT). She loves F+T but I cannot say they love her;)

And I never send her a link- ok I have no idea whether she is fluent in English- of course she will read some serious medicine stuff but when I was at the university I also could read my physics stuff but would not have been able to follow a conversation at PT.

Edwina's Secretary
06-29-2004, 04:27 PM
I am fortunate that my brother and his wife are both vets. (Although neither is in private practice at this time.) They live on the East Coast so routine things are handled by local vets, but they are there for anything beyond rountine. A few times I have asked them questions about Pettalk issues.

anna_66
06-29-2004, 08:23 PM
But I think she's a wonderful woman and so is the staff! With everthing that we just went through proved how great they are:D

Amber
06-29-2004, 09:19 PM
I really DIS-like our vet. Thats why we are in search of a new one.
The reason is that we and the dogs don't feel very connected to the vet. And we are always having a diffrent veterarian. They don't even keep a profile on our dogs. Like how much they wiegh; they don't even weigh them. Thats something a vet needs to do. And when they are explaning something they are always going on about something completly different.

But when we find our new vet, I'll prolly might tell them. :)

Kona & Oreo's mom
06-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Kona and Oreo see different vets in the same office. Kona's is a very quiet and gentle man, perfect for a shy and nervous kitty like her. Oreo's is a brilliant young woman who has a black lab mix herself. I'm thrilled with them both, and although my girls don't really appreciate them, I certainly do.

I've never told my vets about PT, but I've asked them about suggestions I've received here.

tikeyas_mom
06-29-2004, 11:17 PM
we go to a vet but dont have the same one everytime. we usually just get the vet that is on at the moment.
I dont even know my dogs vet's name .. :o

BCBlondie
06-29-2004, 11:25 PM
I worked for my dog's vet. He was awesome!!! I've asked for advice over AIM and he's always been really helpful. He gave me some free antibiotics and stuff for my dogs when they got kennel cough over a year ago. He's super nice. When Megan had bladder stones and went through surgery, Lisa, a vet tech, did a dental on Megan for free! and they also dewclawed her for free (because her nail was aalllways growing into the pad and it was hard to control:( ).
Once we did handstands in his office ROFLOL!!!!:o cuz I told him we were doing tumbling at school in P.E. hahaha :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
06-30-2004, 03:48 AM
I get the feeling that vets aren't too crazy about a lot of pet related websites, just like doctors don't always advise finding your own diagnoses and cures online. Its often incorrect if you aren't looking in the right place.

I love my vet. She's become a very close friend and that is just the greatest thing, EVER! :D (We work together) My cats tolerate her quite well...they don't like being out of the house, period. ;)

She'll come over and check on Samson, Micah and whoever else needs looking after if I have questions. She's amazing! :)

EssTer
06-30-2004, 09:01 AM
WEll our vet is really nice :) Thouhgt I think she doesnt read PT LOL :)

prechrswife
06-30-2004, 09:31 AM
After we moved to Georgia, but before we moved to our current location, our vet was my sister-in-law. She, of course, always did a great job with our animals. (We still call and ask for advice.;))

Our current vet's office is absolutely wonderful. They love our animals (even the cat who turns into "demon-kitty" at the vet's office), and are just a typical small-town practice. We are really enjoying the lower prices, considering we moved from metro-Atlanta.

As far as PT goes, I don't know that any of them read it.

lizzielou742
06-30-2004, 09:51 AM
I take Tito & Sophie to a wonderful cat-only clinic that has two full time DVM's. I have not mentioned PT to either one of them, but I am planning to next time I go in. The vets both have kitties.

sirrahbed
06-30-2004, 10:05 AM
I really like my vet as he is a cat fanatic himself as is one of the techs. My kitties even like him! He spends time playing and talking to them and he knows cat language, too:D He has sevarl kittis of his own and tells us about them, too. Yes, I have told him about PT:D