PDA

View Full Version : So, what are your plans for the 4th of July...

teenster3
06-29-2004, 04:16 AM
I'm going with my hubby & friends to Rhythm & Booms on Sat. It's a huge fireworks display/baseball/music/beer tents at a park in Madison. There are tons & tons of people that go to this. Just trying to get out of the parking lot usually takes a couple of hours at least!!!!
On Sunday, the 4th, my hubby & I go to Janesville to see the fireworks with my parents. Also that day, my friend is letting balloons (with letters inside) go in honor of her grandpa (his birthday is the 4th) that passed away 2 years ago! I hope to watch her do that. She said it was interesting last year: a woman wrote her a letter saying: that she found a letter in the balloon & how touched she felt to find it! Pretty great idea if you ask me!
So.....what are your plans?

Kfamr
06-29-2004, 04:21 AM
Probably nothing. My parents are planning on going to MI possibly. I really don't know.

lynnestankard
06-29-2004, 04:29 AM
Watching the Mens Final at Wimbledon!!!! Only on the tv I hasten to add! :D :D

Lynne

dukedogsmom
06-29-2004, 04:30 AM
Another holiday of working for me :(

joycenalex
06-29-2004, 06:20 AM
i might be working that weekend, however, if not, i'll listen to the NPR staff reread the Declaration of Independance, usually at the top of the even hour and we'll go to the doodah parade here in columbus. the doodah parade is the satirical non planned parade with commentary on local, statewide and national events with the precision lawn chair team marching, as usual, to express the need to just sit and relax some days. and then home to give thanks for the great gift of being an american woman in this time.

anna_66
06-29-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Another holiday of working for me :(
Hey, don't feel alone Val...I have to work too.

But afterwards me, Roxey, Huney, a friend of mine and her 3 huskies are going to the doggie park!

Then we'll probably go watch the fireworks.

moosmom
06-29-2004, 09:20 AM
I'm working from 3 to 9 p.m. I'm HOPING that the store will be quiet and they'll let some of us go home early. So everybody, STAY THE HELL OUTTA BED, BATH AND BEYOND ON JULY 4TH WILL YA???? (J/K)

catlover4ever
06-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Working 6am - 12 noon on Thursday then going home, hooking up the camper and hubby and I are off to a weekend of camping.

It will be kind of like a family camping weekeddn to include Mark, Me, Mark's mom and dad, Mark's sister and her husband, Mark's brother and his wife, Mark's sister's husbands parents and my mom coming up to visit 2 or 3 of the days that we are all there. I hope everyone gets along :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

Last year while we were camping a house on the pond put on a heck of a fireworks show and we are hoping they do so again as we are all on the water again this year.

neko1
06-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Brian, my mom and stepfather and I are going into PA to see my niece and take her to Dorney Park:)

Toby's my baby
06-29-2004, 09:42 AM
We are planning on going to Battle Lake, MN to go fishing, tubbing, swimming, ect... we used to live in Battle Lake so we will go visit some of our old neighbors and stuff like that. I hope my parents will give in and let Maggie come along, my cousins and my aunt and uncle will probably meet us there too. :D

Denyce
06-29-2004, 11:05 AM
If anyone is going to be in the State College area...besides the most absolute wonderful fireworks display in PA....:D :D there is going to be another event dealing with the plight of dogs.

Go to www.dogsdeservebetter.com There you will see a poster and read about the Chain Off event that is occuring there. I know we needs lots of support for this.

Denyce

ramanth
06-29-2004, 11:08 AM
On the 3rd of July, Kia and I will be participating in Lansings 4th of July parade. :D

Both Andy and I have the 5th off. Not sure what we'll do. Maybe go to Chicago?

Felicia's Mom
06-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Nothing special is planned. I won't go anyplace to see fireworks: I have been able to see them from my window.

lynnestankard
06-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
On the 3rd of July, Kia and I will be participating in Lansings 4th of July parade. :D

Is that right Kimmy - on the 3rd you'll be participating in Lansings 4th July parade???!!!!:D :D :D

Signed Befuddled U.K.:D

jazzcat
06-29-2004, 12:02 PM
We are having a family cookout here on Saturday. My sister and her family with spouces and girlfriends are coming and I'll be bringing Dad up. My husband is also inviting his parents and his sister and her family so we have the potential for a big party.

I just dawned on me I'll need to get more tables and chairs. Oops.

ramanth
06-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Is that right Kimmy - on the 3rd you'll be participating in Lansings 4th July parade???!!!!:D :D :D

Signed Befuddled U.K.:D
Yes, that's my city for ya. ;) I guess they figure more people will show up if the parade is on Saturday and not on Sunday.
:D

CatMama78
06-29-2004, 12:31 PM
None! Mike has to work form 8-5. My parents might have some plans and I might tag along and Mike can catch up later. I think we can see fireworks from our apt, so we may just go out on the porch and observe those :)

MariaM
06-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Probably going to church. Oh and taking my sister to camp...but I just might stay home with Major.

HOWEVER on July 1st, CANADA Day, I might dress Major up a little and take some pictures...might go see some fireworks. Not to much to do in a small town, but I still have fun! Sometimes they have a parade...I hope they do this year. I should know by now, but I'm usually the last to find out anything:rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
06-29-2004, 01:04 PM
Lynne, it seems like we're celebrating the 4th on the 5th over here. Almost everyone I know has the 5th off and my school is closed that day as well. Wierd, huh??

We're going to have a BBQ with a few friends. :) It should be fun...we can see a huge firework show from our balcony.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-29-2004, 01:55 PM
We're headed for the Northwoods! Northern Wisconsin and the Nicolet National Forest to be exact. :D

My brother owns some land up there across the street and down the road from a nice lake. It's so nice and peaceful up there....except for all the people on the lake that insist on putting on a fireworks show for the rest of us who would rather listen to the whipperwill. :rolleyes:

It seems like forever since we've been in the motorhome, so it'll be a fun getaway for us - can't wait! :D

Cataholic
06-30-2004, 07:19 AM
Same thing I have done for the last several years...sitting with my kitties, trying to calm them down from all the fireworks. :(

Lillycat
07-02-2004, 09:17 PM
me too......the fireworks have already started ......cats jumping off the chaise lounges on the front porch and hurrying in the house....the fireworks are so close and so loud......the cats hate them!!! three more nights of this!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh!!!!!!

teenster3
07-02-2004, 11:04 PM
I agree......my dogs go absolutely nuts, they won't STOP barking!!!!! You gotta feel sorry for them, it probably hurts their ears terribly!!!
This is Wicket's 4th year going through the sounds of fireworks. But for Waffles, this is just her 1st year. So, I wanted to see how she reacts & I guess she doesn't care much for it either! Poor babies!!!!!!:( I just let them outside to go potty & low & behold.....BOOM- another firework went off.....you should have seen them book for the patio doors!

GoldenRetrLuver
07-02-2004, 11:08 PM
We're having a family get together/BBQ at my grandmother's house. There won't be very many people, though. Two of my cousins and one of my uncles and aunts are on a cruise to Alaska, and some other family members won't be there.

I hope we can bring Molly and Daisy.. I'd hate to leave them home alone with our idiot neighbors blowing off fireworks. :(

Kfamr
07-03-2004, 09:26 PM
I guess Lauren and I are going to her parents for fireworks and a BBQ.

When my sister gets off work her and I are going to do something together.

The mutts will probably stay here, but If i'm gone for too long i'm going to have Lauren drive me back to my house to check on them.

RobiLee
07-04-2004, 02:44 AM
We are going to a big family picnic at Tar Hollow State Park. We have the big shelter house reserved. The girls are coming with us so of course I am thrilled and can't wait.

It is very hot and muggy here though. Just awful. Looks like showers and thunderstorms also. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather somehow gets better by the time we go. Also we might take the girls down to the park for the fireworks, so far they don't seem bothered by the few that have went off around here so we are curious to see how they do.

Happy Fourth Everyone.....Robin :)

lynnestankard
07-04-2004, 04:32 AM
I understand what your all saying re: the fireworks!! We have this 'event' here called Bonfire Night - 5th November. Trouble is - people start letting off fireworks anytime from September!!
The three mouseketeers HATE it!

We also have some American folk living local - they start their fireworks around 11pm!!! That really is soooo annoying. Why can't they have them earlier? Goodness knows.

Sorry this sounds a bit like a rant - it's not!

All of you have a really happy 4th July.

Lynne

Uabassoon
07-04-2004, 12:23 PM
I don't have anything too exciting planned, I think my friends and I are going to get together for a little BBQ.

dukedogsmom
07-04-2004, 03:51 PM
I'm STILL at work :( Will be until about 645. Blah. Hope everyone else is enjoying their day off. Sometimes I wonder what a normal job would be like........

Kfamr
07-04-2004, 03:54 PM
I wish you could come over this way, Val. :( You could probably come to Lauren's with us, we're having bbq and fireworks.

Erika
07-04-2004, 04:57 PM
We have a bunch of family over right now. It is so humid and muggy! Gross. I was going to go to Kensington to see lots of fireworks with my boyfriend, but he is sick. He has had a high fever for three days, and today it is 102! :( I really want him to feel better. But yeah so other than that my 4th of July has been ok. I went to church this morning and when I got home, my family decided it was family picture time so they dragged me into a few shots.:rolleyes: Hmmm oh well. Hope you are all having fun today!:)

RubyMutt
07-05-2004, 12:45 AM
I was expecting a rather dull 4th of July for me, but it ended up being a lot of fun :D

I spent all morning and early afternoon at home relaxing w/ Ruby and what not :) About 2:30 I met up with my boyfriend, Justin, and two other friends, Brandon and Gregor, and we went innertubing down the Stillaguamish River. We had absolutely PERFECT weather :D Then we went back to Justin & Gregor's place (they're roomies) for dinner. It was a lot of fun :)

I'm now back at home. I wanted to get back here before it got dark outside and neighbors start to set off fireworks. Ruby get's a little skittish with all the loud booms and I wanted to be with her. So, we watched the fireworks at Lake Union in Seattle from the safety of our living room :D

My parent's are having a "late" Independence Day BBQ at their house w/ some other family members tomorrow. Ruby and I will be attending that as well :)

Sorry for those of you who have to work :( That's no fun! I'm so happy I get tomorrow off in honor of Independence Day :D

Happy 4th everyone! :D

catmandu
07-05-2004, 09:22 AM
W are recuperating,from our Last Cat Partee,and Mall Invasion, so did very little, but rest!