PDA

View Full Version : New Digs

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2004, 09:38 PM
T & P got some new digs when they go out in the backyard.

I actually got this for when we take them in the motorhome, but it's working out really well in the backyard too. They enjoy it just as much, and they don't keep getting tangled around everything so I can sit and enjoy myself without having to worry about them getting stuck all the time.

This is when I first put them in it and they were checking it out.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/p4427d9d828ea4a713355cb46325332d3/f8131023.jpg

Then I put the catnip plant inside since they kept trying to sniff it through the "fence." And I put the footstool thing in because sometimes Peanut would hide under there. I thought she might feel a little safer if she had someplace to hide.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/p72cebbdc8a5249afdb0b5c42fb343040/f813101e.jpg

Here's a more overall pic. I also put Tubby's purrpad and a towel in for Peanut in case they found the fake grass a little uncomfortable (it's kinda picky), but needless to say, they ignored both of them. :rolleyes:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/p161acb2c908cb37002ada91df00af16e/f8131018.jpg

And here they are just chillin'
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/p557b827f72d3d1f7dcb23ff3b54b9454/f8131015.jpg

And here's a little video of them when I first put them in and they were checking it out. They've never been in a cage, so they didn't quite get it at first. I think this is as close as they've been for any length of time. You can see Tubby was going to start licking on Peanut but she was having none of it. Then it ends with them both standing together wagging there tails - awww......

Grace
06-28-2004, 09:43 PM
Love the video!

That is a really cool idea - but I would worry that one of them would get up on the footstool and try to jump over the fence.

kimlovescats
06-28-2004, 09:45 PM
Wow, what a nice playpen! Looks like they are really going to enjoy that!!! They look so pretty as always, and I can't get enough videos of Tubby and Peanut!!!:D

kimlovescats
06-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Grace
Love the video!

That is a really cool idea - but I would worry that one of them would get up on the footstool and try to jump over the fence.

I'm pretty sure it has a tarp (sunshade) across the top! Doesn't it Debbie? ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Yes, it does have a top and a tarp to go over, but I didn't put it on this time. And I didn't put it together really well either, just did a quick "throw it up" type job. The only place Tubby jumps these days is either onto the bed or onto the couch, and it's about the same with Peanut so I wasn't too worried, especially since I was out there with them the entire time.

However, if/when we do actually take them camping with us, the top will definitely be going on and it will be tethered down so they can't figure out how to get underneath it either. I'm taking no chances when we're not in our own backyard. :)

Edwina's Secretary
06-28-2004, 10:21 PM
They need a net across the middle....Tennis anyone?

Wonderful idea!

slick
06-28-2004, 10:29 PM
OMG that's so cute! I'm sure they will consider it home in no time.

Pssst Debbie, lovely toes you have!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Actually they need a net across the middle to keep them separated! I don't know how many times I had to tell Tubby to leave Peanut alone. Now that he's in a confined space with her, he thinks it gives him free reign to lick on her all the time and poor Peanut has no place to go to get away from him. :( I'm sure it's just a matter of an adjustment period though, and I don't plan on leaving them alone - unattended - in it, so hopefully he'll soon get the idea and learn to leave her alone.....and gee, maybe the idea of leaving her alone will transfer to when they're in the house too. Now that would be a wonderful thing. :rolleyes: ;) :D

shais_mom
06-28-2004, 11:04 PM
that is awesome!!!
I bet they love it!
Cute video

jazzcat
06-28-2004, 11:21 PM
I love the video and those twitching tails.

rg_girlca
06-28-2004, 11:23 PM
That is so cool. I love it and it looks like Tubby and Peanut do also.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by slick
Pssst Debbie, lovely toes you have!!!

:o I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it Slick. Next time I'll reign my feet in before shooting the video. ;) :D

Thanks everybody. They really do love it. They love just plain ol' being outside and I really like this way of getting them out there. I'll still take them out on their leashes when this isn't set up, but I wish I had found this years ago for them! :)

catmandu
06-29-2004, 09:05 AM
I would love to haveenough money,to put one,of those in the back Yard,across the Back Porch,so they could go out, and be safe! That is such a Good Idea!Your Cats are So Lucky,to have you,as A Meowmie!

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-29-2004, 09:10 AM
AWWWW WEEEEEE .

Tubby and Peanut sure are spoiled!!:D They look sooo cute in their dig!!!!

:D :D :D

catlover4ever
06-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled....that's they way cats are supposed to be treated. I would love to travel with my babies but hubby thinks I'm nuts!!! He says that camping is a vacation from the cats. :rolleyes:

That is a really nice run for Tubby and Peanut to have. I think they are going to enjoy it in the backyard as well as camping.

neko1
06-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Ok now my kitties are jealous!;)

Laura's Babies
06-29-2004, 09:47 AM
THAT is SO cool!! Where did you get that or did you have someone make it? What a wonderful idea!! Playpen for Kitties!! Wow! I love it!

anna_66
06-29-2004, 09:54 AM
What a neat idea, now they can be outside too:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-29-2004, 09:59 AM
I got it online at Pet Playpens (http://www.petplaypens.com). I originally saw an ad for them in one of our motorhome magazines.

Although....it's really simple. It's just 3/4" PVC pipe with some sort of netting around it and on top of it. They gave us rope to attach the sides, but as you can see we've already started modifying by using releasable wire ties. The releasable wire ties are kinda hard to find, but we found some at Home Depot.

I also got the "fake grass" stuff to put on the bottom because if we're camping, you never know what the ground is going to be like or what sorts of chemicals they might put on it, so that was just an extra protection thing that I preferred.

catlover4ever, in a couple years we're going to go full-time in the motorhome, so leaving the kitties at home is not an option. That's why I wanted to find something like this. It's perfect because it's easy up/easy down and when it's down it fits in a relatively small area. Storage space will be at a premium when we're full-time, so I needed something that breaks down into a nice compact package. So far, I think I've found the ideal solution! :D

sirrahbed
06-29-2004, 10:31 AM
This is a great idea!! I love it:D Tubby & Peanut should get used to it after awhile. Sounds perfect for your travels and even for right now! Enjoy the yard without constantly watching them every minute:D

CatMama78
06-29-2004, 10:32 AM
They sure are cute!