PDA

View Full Version : The Notebook

binka_nugget
06-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Has anyone seen it yet? What'd you think of it?

I just got back from it. I'm STILL bawling my eyes out. I absolutely loved it. I found myself crying for the last half hour. :p

slick
06-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Don't tell me. I really want to see it and will probably next month. I rate movies by how many boxes of kleenex I go through. Sounds like this one is a 3-boxer.

CathyBogart
06-28-2004, 09:50 PM
I adored it. I almost never cry at movies but this one sure made me cry...

KYS
06-28-2004, 10:17 PM
I saw the advertisement on the movie and it looked
like a tear jerker. You just proved that it was. lol
Since I cry easily, I think I will wait till it comes
out in DVD. (so I can cry and blow my nose in private) :eek:

CountryWolf07
06-28-2004, 10:22 PM
LOL.

I am going to see it tomorrow night! Can't wait. :D

MariaM
06-28-2004, 10:39 PM
I read the book and liked it, but I didn't think it was wonderful. I know somebody though who absolutele loves the book and movie, however, I didn't enjor the book as much as I thought I would, the way she talked about it. I guess romance really isn't my thing.

Edit: But I AM reading The Guardian, also by Nicholas Sparks, a really good book about a Great Dane puppy.

teenster3
06-29-2004, 02:59 AM
I saw the "sneak preview" before it came out nation-wide in the theatre.
I ABSOLUTELY loved that movie. My friend who I went with thought I would hate it, because I usually don't like the mushy stuff but, this 1 was great! It brought back some of my own memories!!! I can't wait to buy it on dvd.
I definitely give this a thumbs up.....gotta see it!

CountryWolf07
06-29-2004, 08:59 PM
I just got back..

WOW! What a great movie!

binka_nugget.. I cried at the last 15-20 mins.. eesh, and I NEVER cry at the movie theatres!!

I definitely want to get it on DVD.

binka_nugget
06-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Wasn't it awesome!?!?:D I usually don't cry at movies either. The only movies I've cried at were this movie and at A Walk to Remember. Ironic that both were based on books written by Nicholas Sparks.

CountryWolf07
06-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
Wasn't it awesome!?!?:D I usually don't cry at movies either. The only movies I've cried at were this movie and at A Walk to Remember. Ironic that both were based on books written by Nicholas Sparks.

OMG I BAWLED at "A Walk to Remember".. oh my gosh.. LOL.. Yeah... it was awesome!! :) I kept thinking Noah/Ryan Gosling was HOT ;)

But yeah.. I want a love story like that.. *sigh*

primabella
06-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Hahaha Ash told me the entire story. Sounds like a good one but I don't go for romances so I think I'll probably just not see it.

I laugh eveytime I see Ryan Gosling.. he used to be on one of those cheesy Canadian shows called "Breaker High" and I watched it a lot when I was younger. (I think it was Canadian.) Goooood times. :D

MariaM
06-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Hey, what was his name on Breaker High? Lol my sister used to have a crush on one of those guys...I think his name was Max or something.

DJFyrewolf36
06-30-2004, 07:33 PM
Read the book, its about 100 times better :D at least I think so

primabella
06-30-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by MariaM
Hey, what was his name on Breaker High? Lol my sister used to have a crush on one of those guys...I think his name was Max or something.

I can't remember but I'll look it up, haha.

Okay, just looked it up (nice and quick on Google, lol) and apparently this guy played Max...
http://mrvideo.vidiot.com/UPN/BH/images/BreakerHigh97131s.jpg

binka_nugget
06-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Ohh..Max... :D :D :D

I'm so upset that YTV doesn't air breakerhigh anymore. :(

I can't wait until I get my hands on the book! I once saw a book written by Nicholas Sparks and it was only a couple bucks! I should have bought it. :(

MariaM
06-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Weird how people can be so different eh? I didn't enjoy the book that much, but my friend absolutely adored it. You'll probably like it though! :)