PDA

View Full Version : He3-, What has Edw5na d6ne/

Edwina's Secretary
06-28-2004, 08:37 PM
have been w6r25ng fr60 0y 3a-t6-. Edw5na was 6n 0y 3a- and then d5d a 35tt3e dance 6n 0y 2eyb6ard. Then she sat 6n 5t. H6w d6 f5x 5t/

jenfer
06-28-2004, 08:38 PM
haha... I can see Edwina is helping you to type. :D

Pam
06-28-2004, 08:41 PM
That is most likely feline secret code not decipherable by us poor humans. (Trevor! Andy! Come here and tell me what Edwina is saying!) :p

Edwina's Secretary
06-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Actually I typed it! It says....Help...what has Edwina Done? I have been working from my laptop. Edwina was on my lap and then did a little dance on my keyboard. Then she sat on it. How do I fix it?

Anyone have any ideas? (I am now on a different computer....obviously...;) )

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2004, 09:14 PM
So your keyboard on your laptop is really screwed up? Hmmm...have to think about this one for awhile....is it possible that one of the keys is stuck down?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2004, 09:22 PM
Ok, these are the letters that aren't working

O k i o m m l p o p i o m i p i l i l o m k o o i o o i i i ?

And these are the letters that replace what you're actually typing

6 2 5 6 0 0 3 – 6 – 5 6 0 3 – 5 3 5 3 6 0 2 6 6 5 6 6 5 5 /

So:

o = 6
k = 2
i = 5
m = 0
l = 3
p = -
? = /

Hmmm......

Have we got any code breakers here? It's not like the caps key is stuck, but something has to be stuck....

slick
06-28-2004, 09:22 PM
It could be that here is alot of cat hair stuck in between the keys.... :D

zippy-kat
06-28-2004, 09:45 PM
K'Cee's stepped on my keyboard and locked it up before - have you tried rebooting?

Gosh.... this is one thing K'Cee doesn't need to learn from her godmothercat! ;)

Edwina's Secretary
06-28-2004, 09:48 PM
I've rebooted twice......:rolleyes: :mad: :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2004, 09:55 PM
It has to be a stuck key. Wiggle each key as much as possible, even the shift key, the ctrl key, the alt key and the fn key - ALL the keys, not just the ones that aren't working.

AHA!!!! I just looked and I've got little blue numbers on those particular keys which means if I hit the fn (function) key those numbers will show up. Your function key has to be stuck! On my computer it's the furthest key to the left on the bottom row!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2004, 09:56 PM
After further investigation, it HAS to be the function key because o = 6, i = 5, k = 2, m = 0, etc!

slick
06-28-2004, 10:21 PM
:o :o :o I'm so embarrassed....I thought this was a joke......forgive me.....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by slick
:o :o :o I'm so embarrassed....I thought this was a joke......forgive me.....

Not to worry Slick, I thought so too at first. :)

Uabassoon
06-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Tuna did the exact same thing yesterday to Alexa's laptop. Try pressing funct F8. On her laptop the F8 button has a picture of what looks like a minature keyboard.

NoahsMommy
06-29-2004, 12:37 AM
I agree with the others. Sometimes that happens when I use David's laptop and you have to press one of the Funct keys.

:)

Logan
06-29-2004, 03:00 AM
I have had this happen before, Sara. Unfortunately, I can't remember the remedy! If you have the book that came with your laptop, see if you can find the answer there, or go to the website of the company that made your computer. It's the calculator keys she has turned on, for when you have lots of computing to do! :p

I hate it when that happens! Unfortunately, it hasn't happened often enough to me for me to remember how to fix it! :)

EDIT: Sara, I just found the instructions for my IBM Thinkpad. It says hit "Shift" and "NumLk" at the same time. Hope that helps!!!

I awake because Lilly had to go outside and I'm waiting for her to come back in!

popcornbird
06-29-2004, 03:50 AM
LOL!!! Silly Edwina! :p

That reminds me of the time when I was chatting with Cataholic, and one of her cats...I think it was Dakky..., walked on her keyboard and messed it up. She kept typing wierd and I thought she was teasing me, and kept telling her to *stop it*. Eventually she turned on yahoo messenger's drawing board and *drew* what was going on. I finally got it, after SO long, but it was hilarious. I don't know how she fixed it, but she was typing just fine the next day. :p

Lillycat
06-29-2004, 03:58 AM
dakky probably fixed it!

lynnestankard
06-29-2004, 04:00 AM
Sorry Sara - when I finished laughing I realised it wasn't a joke!:eek: :eek:

Normally when Dan or Ketchum dance on the keys I just get cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - very easy to delete - if they ever 'do' anything like Edwina - I'd be in a panic!

Hey don't you guys over there ever sleep?! :D :D

Logan - what the ?&%^$ is Numlk? I thought Number Lock but I'm blowed if I can find it on my keyboard - I do realise I'm probably being thick!! I'm very computer illeterate! :D Oh - you'd already guessed that :eek:

Lynne

Barbara
06-29-2004, 04:08 AM
Yes looks like Num Lock, on my keyboard it's Num with an arrow down. It can happen on a laptop keyboard on which the numbers can be typed with the Fn key.

One day the Filou happened to walk on Ctrl+A+Del when Siegmar was writing a text:( :(

popcornbird
06-29-2004, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Lillycat
dakky probably fixed it!

LOL! Maybe!! :D

Lynne, nope.......I never sleep. ;) Just kidding! I'm still exausted from moving and took a loooong nap during the day. Now its LATE night, and I can't fall asleep. When I can't sleep, I end up on PT. :p I should be going to bed though.......before morning. :eek: Didn't realize how late it was until you mentioned it. :p

sasvermont
06-29-2004, 05:03 AM
Sarah, cats have no respect for our toys. They think they own all the toys in the house.

Miley, yes, my sweet Miley girl, walks across the top of my clock radio, resetting all the codes, making all of her necessary adjustments and sometimes turning it on, full volume and also, resetting the time every now and then. That is handy. When I came home from work yesterday, the radio was playing and on a silly station....not one that I had set. The volume key was not adjusted....thank goodness.

I often end up putting a vase or teddy bear on the top of the radio to discourage Miley's sitting there. She will sometimes look down at the numbers speeding by, as she sits on the controls.....can you say entertainment?

I hope your key problem cure works. I vote for the num locks solution too.

Cats!:p

Pam
06-29-2004, 06:34 AM
Oops! Sorry Sara! I too thought that Edwina was sending out messages to all of the PT kitties. :o

SAS, what a mental picture I got from this line! :D She will sometimes look down at the numbers speeding by, as she sits on the controls.....can you say entertainment?

Logan
06-29-2004, 07:08 AM
Sallyanne, I can't tell you how many times Butter has done that on my radio in the middle of the night!!! LOL!!!

Lynne, you are not crazy. I typed exactly what the IBM book said, but it means Number Lock. We have three computers and the abbreviation on that key is different on every single one of them!!! :rolleyes:

catnapper
06-29-2004, 07:39 AM
My boys love to dance on the keyboards too. Allen's really good about hitting the keys you're not supposed to hit and wiping out a whole LONG post! So far, neither have managed to do the damage that Edwina has done!

Are the keys fixed yet?:confused:

Randi
06-29-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Pam
I too thought that Edwina was sending out messages to all of the PT kitties. :o
That's what I thought too - or the newest version of a puzzle. :D

Hope it's sorted out now. :)

ramanth
06-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Oh Edwina, you silly girl.

Just watch the other computer, or she might sabotage that one as well to force you to pay attention to her. ;) :D

Edwina's Secretary
06-29-2004, 09:03 AM
Thank you Logan! I found the NumLk key and it is fixed!!!!

She had to step on (or dance on) both the shift key and the numlk at the same time.

Now I will go and pay her some "extra attention"!

Thanks all.......

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-29-2004, 09:45 AM
Aaahh...I never thought of the num lock key! I'm still a newbie with the laptop. My num lock key is always on on my desktop, and never on on my laptop so I didn't even think of it.

Anyway, glad you got it fixed and now we all learned something about when our kitties try and help on the computer. ;) :D

gini
06-29-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont
She will sometimes look down at the numbers speeding by, as she sits on the controls.....can you say entertainment?

Cats!:p

This made me laugh out loud! What an image!

Sara, glad you found the problem and got it fixed.

I too was taken in by your original post and thought it was a joke. And here I was thinking "oh, isn't she clever?"

And it was Edwina the whole time:D :D

Cataholic
06-29-2004, 10:35 AM
LOL! This did happen to me with Popcornbird! It was so frustrating. I never did figure out how I 'fixed' it, though.

Glad to see Edwina has given up typing for now. Funny girl!

Uabassoon
06-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
LOL!!! Silly Edwina! :p

That reminds me of the time when I was chatting with Cataholic, and one of her cats...I think it was Dakky..., walked on her keyboard and messed it up. She kept typing wierd and I thought she was teasing me, and kept telling her to *stop it*. Eventually she turned on yahoo messenger's drawing board and *drew* what was going on. I finally got it, after SO long, but it was hilarious. I don't know how she fixed it, but she was typing just fine the next day. :p

LOL that's exactly what happened with me the other day when I was talking online with Alexa and Tuna had stepped on her keyboard. I was getting mad at her and told her to type correctly. Finally I figured out that Tuna had messed with the keyboard.

DJFyrewolf36
06-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Good ol numlock. I was on AIM once on the laptop and my LIZARD of all critters managed to hit the numlock. I was POed concidering all the documentation to this thing is at my parents house. Then the hubby told me the numlock trick and I felt REALLY dumb *sigh*

Before I read through the thread, I was going to run that first post by Remus to see if he could figure out the kitty-eze!

RICHARD
06-29-2004, 06:44 PM
C.A.T.: Cat A$$ Typing, when your furkid decides to sit on the keyboard to help you finish.

Edwina's Secretary
06-29-2004, 08:44 PM
but she is smart! Edwina just managed to climb off my lap onto the laptop and again step on both the shift key and the numlk!!!!!! Is she clever or what????

(Again...thanks to all who helped me figure out how to undo her smartness!)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Quite the clever girl you've got there. ;) :D

Now, please send her over here so she can figure out how to do the num lock on my laptop! I am totally clueless. I've looked at every single key, and all the little blue notations that are supposed to work when you hit the fn key. Not only can I not lock the numbers on, I can't even figure out how to get them to type as numbers! Time to get the old manual out and figure out my computer....now that I've had it for a year and a half! :rolleyes:

The real kicker is, how many thousands of dollars am I dishing out to learn all about computers and I can't figure this out, and here Edwina, who is known more for her looks and fashion sense than her brains, figures it out not only once, but twice!

I need help and bad. <walks away shaking head> :rolleyes:

slick
06-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Don't feel bad......

The other day at work I had to use the photocopier to make double-sided copies......

It took 3 people to show me how.........

And what do I do for a living????:confused: :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
06-30-2004, 04:37 AM
What a clever girl she is! I had never noticed that the laptop had a number lock before. Thank you Edwina.

Barbara
06-30-2004, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

The real kicker is, how many thousands of dollars am I dishing out to learn all about computers and I can't figure this out, and here Edwina, who is known more for her looks and fashion sense than her brains, figures it out not only once, but twice!

Yeah, but Edwina isn't a blonde:p

*is very happy that she isn't in the country anymore so she cannot be attcked by her various blonde friends*

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-30-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
Yeah, but Edwina isn't a blonde:p

See, another kicker is that I'm not blonde either! I've got NO excuses! :rolleyes:

Barbara
06-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Dear Debbie- what hair color do you have? I thought it was blonde:D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-30-2004, 12:12 PM
So glad you solved the mystery!
One of my cats locked my keyboard up once. Everytime I turned on the computer, I got the keyboard locked message. I finally had to get a new keyboard. I never did figure out what they did!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-30-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
Dear Debbie- what hair color do you have? I thought it was blonde:D

Occassionally the blond really comes through, but it's really brown, with more and more grays mixed in as time goes by. :rolleyes: ;)

For some reason I do get that a lot though - that people think I'm blonde. Do I really act like a blonde that much? ;) :D Sorry, no offense to all the blondes out there. ;) :D