PDA

View Full Version : About the 'Some Pictures ...' thread.

Moose
06-28-2004, 07:51 PM
Yes, it has been deleted. Simply because someone did what I thought they would do ... try to start some stupid thing and point fingers. So ... yes, I deleted it.

I sent pictures to a good number of people, and I knew I never should have posted a thread here. It's sad ... really it is.

If you have something else to say to me, don't bother posting it here ... PM me. Mmkay?? :rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
06-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Why did you think that? Because the pics weren't yours? If anyone wants to view them, I've saved them.

Pam
06-28-2004, 08:02 PM
:confused:

Dogz
06-28-2004, 08:03 PM
What was on "Zoey?"

GoldenRetrLuver
06-28-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm pretty sure she's gone for good; at least on this username.

Brooke [if that's even your real name?] it's sick how you would lie like this. SICK. :( I don't know what's wrong with you.

Just leave us alone, for good.

anna_66
06-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Did I miss something:confused:

shais_mom
06-28-2004, 11:07 PM
k
whatever

aly
06-28-2004, 11:10 PM
I'm glad this is FINALLY out in the open. I feel a big burden off my shoulders because this has been disturbing me for a long time.

MariaM
06-28-2004, 11:11 PM
Did you know about this before Aly?

aly
06-28-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by MariaM
Did you know about this before Aly?

I had no proof, but I knew in my gut.

MariaM
06-28-2004, 11:21 PM
Really? And here I was, believing everything. I am sort of bad about this stuff, guess I kind of believe them. I have no clue how you knew! I haven't been here as long though, maybe thats why. I thought she was just another dog lover, and have no idea why she lied about the dogs!

RobiLee
06-28-2004, 11:21 PM
Wow, I was not aware that so many people were thinking this also.

Is there actually any proof?

Robin

shais_mom
06-28-2004, 11:25 PM
a lot of us did didn't we Aly! ;)

binka_nugget
06-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Wow.. Jordan was right about this too! She has been right about Westiekisses, KZslave, Chiren and now Moose.

I just can't understand why someone would lie about owning a pet.

Kfamr
06-28-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
Wow.. Jordan was right about this too! She has been right about Westiekisses, KZslave, Chiren and now Moose.

I just can't understand why someone would lie about owning a pet.

Same here.
I just don't understand, she still claims that the dogs are her's but even if they were, why would she delete the thread? No one else said anything, and Valerie just pointed out that it looks as if "Zoey" has male parts. She didn't say they weren't her dogs, she didn't say that they were fake. She just pointed something out that a few people saw.

She also said that the pictures were scanned. While some of them really look like digital photos. It's rather easy to see a difference between scanned and digital.

Things just don't add up.

aly
06-28-2004, 11:38 PM
She has also promptly deleted the pics out of photobucket because her sig is showing as red X's now.

It just didn't add up how she'd commit to meetings then back out at the last minute each time. She also kept saying she'd meet people in California, then she'd make a new excuse at the last minute. I seriously doubt she is getting a big expensive house there :o And who knows if "Josh" exists :o

It was too convenient how her camera was always broken and she'd get new pics "next week" at her parent's house. Well, next week never came :p

binka_nugget
06-28-2004, 11:43 PM
There was also the fact that she was supposed to be moving today (unless I missed something). Wouldn't she be a bit busy packing or flying over there to be posting pictures?

Jeez... some people.

wolf_Q
06-28-2004, 11:48 PM
Wow I feel special now since I'm the one who noticed the "glitch" in the pic, though I wasn't the one who posted it. ;)

There's a lot of people who always thought those dogs did not really exist, I've heard it from many people.

Although I still think this isn't conclusive evidence, there's so many things that don't add up that I really think it is the truth. Everyone is welcome to think what they want about her and her "dogs" though.

trayi52
06-28-2004, 11:54 PM
I just don't understand at all! What about her dad passing away? Was that true? I just don't know what to say. What was true and what was not? I can't figure out why somebody would go to all the trouble of faking their life, everything about it.

For some reason, this just really bothers me. Why?

Did she ever post pictures before? What about the picture of her, was it real?

Guess, I just have too many questions and feel very confused.

Willie:(

carole
06-28-2004, 11:54 PM
Gosh I am rather shocked at this revelation, I always thought Brooke was genuine, sad really, if she has lied about everything, one can only feel sorry for her, obviously she wanted to be accepted here so bad, she resorted to doing that,very sad indeed,if this is the case, as I liked Brooke.

countrycowgirl
06-28-2004, 11:56 PM
okay I missed something:confused:

cocker_luva
06-28-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Did I miss something:confused:

me too, i have no idea whats goin on!!! :confused:

popcornbird
06-29-2004, 12:31 AM
I knew something was strange about her from the beginning. Something was always fishy about her.

What's funny is she PM'd me today with those pics, BEFORE she posted the thread, and told me people think she's a fake and she was sending those pics to the few she felt didn't think she was a fraud. While I didn't tell her I suspected her too, I laughed when I read that. I had suspected her when people who started suspecting her only recently, were her best friends. I told many of my friends here privately, about my feelings about her. I told some not to trust her. I was told by some that they didn't think she was a fraud, but I myself, NEVER thought she was truthful. I just didn't say it publically because I don't like to spread such things when I'm not 100% sure about an issue.

Several issues led me to believe Moose was lying to us.

First of all, when she was a newbie, she acted like she owned the board, quickly making *best* friends, and cursing anyone her friends happened to hold a grudge against, simply because her *friends* didn't like that person. She hated me when she first joined. I had never done anything to her, and she was too new to know a single thing about me. That was hint #1 for me. A normal person wouldn't act in that manner when they're new to a place.

Second, she had posted pictures of herself and her fiance several times, but NEVER posted pics of her dogs. When people asked for dog pics, she supposedly didn't have a camera.

Third, she promised to attend Florida PT meetings several times, but never went.

Fourth, she said she would meet PT'ers in CA when she would go there, but she always ended up going and coming back without telling anyone.

Fifth, her *Zoey adoption* happened so fast and was so strange that I never believed it. The lack of Zoey pictures made me believe she was lying from the beginning.

The list can go on and on. I also find it funny how she could LOVE someone as her favorite PT'er one day, and go to being her enemy the next. Very funny.

I would never trust such a person. I warned some of my friends about her. I never made my concerns public, but inside, I had ALWAYS felt there was something fishy about Moose, at a time when those who suspect her now, were her close friends. I'm so glad she's out in the open now.

Ever since the Jessica incident that took place last year, I have become VERY wary of newbies. I don't trust anyone until I *really* get to know them deep down. I was hurt, incredibly hurt, when Jessica lied to us, as she was my *friend* at the time, and I had no idea what she would turn out to be. After that heartbreak, I did not want to trust anyone without getting to know them. I made a huge mistake by trusting Jessica, and thinking she was my friend. Huge mistake. In Moose's case, I could tell she was a fake from the beginning, and wasn't even going to begin to trust her with anything.

DogLover9501
06-29-2004, 01:00 AM
Poppy, those are good points...

I never suspected a thing :o but I never liked her attitude(she acted just...better than everyone) so I never payed much attention to her anyway. This is all very weird and confusing...

Also, if you don't mind me asking, who is/was Jessica?

jazzcat
06-29-2004, 01:07 AM
That whole Jessica thing happened a few weeks after I joined here and it made me so leery of everyone at first. When I saw how outraged everyone was over her lie I realized you guys were okay. It's sad to see what people will do for attention.

gini
06-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Jessica12345 is a young girl that faked her death on this board last year.

She had made many friends here so people were in a real state of shock to discover that the entire event was a fake.

It was so hard on Karen and Paul who have worked so hard to be sure that this is a board open to all and safe and friendly.

I would have to do a search for the Jessica threads, but they were last year if you are interested.

But regarding all of the above.........R.I.P. Moose and Jessica as well.

This wonderful board does not need trouble makers such as those two.

trayi52
06-29-2004, 01:17 AM
What I don't understand is how do you tell? How do you know if you are being mislead?

I have went back and read about Jessica. I am just confused about Brooke. I guess I just won't ever be able to understand the reasoning behind such a thing. Why join at all? Why post at all.

I know she was really friendly with some on this board. Just very confused, and feel sorry that this had to happen. Confused and disappointed.:( :confused:

tikeyas_mom
06-29-2004, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by cocker_luva
me too, i have no idea whats goin on!!! :confused:

yeah i must be really blonde, because i have no clue whats going on here. I know that jordan did say a while ago that moose owned fake dogs. so she thought. i guess it was true?? :confused:

K9soul
06-29-2004, 07:44 AM
I got a PM from Moose as well how she was sending me pictures rather than posting because some people thought she was a fraud. I assumed she sent that message AFTER the other thread, with the thought I would never know about the real thread, but maybe she sent it before. I was awfully surprised she sent them to me to begin with with friendly words, after her remarks to me in Cayter's old thread. I always noticed she seemed to jump into any conflict and take whatever the most opposed side was.

But I never really thought about her totally being fake, or not having dogs. All the pieces fit now of course. When she always talked about not having a camera or digital camera, I once suggested she could take film of like a disposible in and have them put on disk. That is what Robyn and some others have done, and she proclaimed to have never thought of that, but still never posted pictures. When I think back on the Zoey thing, someone else offered her a rescue dobe didn't they? And she found excuses why she couldn't take that one.

But again, I never really was watching specifically for signs of someone faking because I hadn't really seen that before. I missed when it went on with ChiRen, and I just couldn't imagine someone wanting to do that. I'm like Willie, I just can't fathom WHY someone would do all that.

Now that I've been "had" I am sure I'll watch things more closely like that now, and not be so ready to just believe whatever I see someone post.

Tiah
06-29-2004, 08:46 AM
What happened with ChiRen?

:confused:

dukedogsmom
06-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I didn't know that either

EssTer
06-29-2004, 08:57 AM
:eek: :confused: :eek: I'm really confused about all that thing.. Jee...Did Broke lied about all that she has dogs and so on? OMG!Why should people do that? I just dont understand...
And what happened with ChiRen?:confused:

K9soul
06-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Apparently ChiRen was a fake too... when she posted pictures that she supposedly took of the husky she supposedly got, Taelir, someone else noted they had seen the exact same pictures on a husky rescue site or something.

That is how I understand it. I didn't actually see the thread myself.

Kfamr
06-29-2004, 09:16 AM
ChiRen posted pictures of Snowflake the Husky from a Husky Rescue in Illinois. I was looking on Petfinder and found her on there. So I emailed the rescue asking if Snowflake was ever adopted and they told me no, she was still there with them. She also lied about her 'boyfriend'. There were no threads about it that I know of.

anna_66
06-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Well I for one had no idea about Moose, but I knew that I didn't much care for the way she treated people...so I had her on my ignore list. Imagine my surprise when I see she's gone and take her off my list...I've got a pm from her telling me:

Moose wrote on 06-28-2004 06:48 PM:
Well, I've been debating about posting these since I know a few people think I'm a 'fraud' and quite frankly, I don't want to start a picture thread of my pups and get some smartass comment from someone. Soooo ... I've decided to send these to the few people I feel haven't completely doubted me ...as stupid as that sounds. lol. You're on the 'good list' so I sent 'em to ya. lol.
Guess I was on the good list.....were you:p

dukedogsmom
06-29-2004, 09:21 AM
Oh good grief!! What in the :o is wrong with these people?? Well, I was duped on her. I didn't see those Husky threads, however. Obviously, people have serious issues.
EDITED: I just took a look at her Moosedawg diary on Live Journal. Shows quite a different person from here.

Cazi
06-29-2004, 09:27 AM
The reason that this type of thing happens on here is the fact that it is filled with genuine caring people. I suppose that the sick people in this society see it as a way of easily luring the posters on this site into their weird web.

Unfortunately there are a lot of sick people in this world that get their kicks out of playing with peoples emotions. However, remember that for every sick person, there are thousands of genuine ones.

Look at the events of the past as a positive rather than a negative. Instead of seeing it as 'being had', think on the lines that you amused them for a while.

'Being had' is what they get their kicks from. So, if you think on different terms, then they haven't achieved anything.

There's a saying where I come from that goes as follows:

There's nowt as queer as folk.

Kfamr
06-29-2004, 09:28 AM
Why did she feel such a need to send a billion PM's with the photos, instead of posting them... you'd think someone whos dogs were 'real' yet others thought they were fake that the person would do everything in there ability to prove themselves.

And I just can't imagine someone moving to California and going on these expensive trips wouldnt have money to buy a digital camera. Heck, even decent cameras are rather cheap.

K9soul
06-29-2004, 09:32 AM
Anna, that was the exact text of the PM I got as well. :rolleyes:

trayi52
06-29-2004, 09:42 AM
Kay, she sent me the same pm, and I told her to post them. Then after she posted them, she pmed me back and said she had posted them.

I was so hoping that she was real. :(

I also noticed that she would jump in and keep argument going too.

I am still at a loss for words, stunned I suppose. Sad too. I thought she was for real and was just trying really hard to get Kay to like her. She seem to follow Kay around and awful lot.

I must be too trusting because I just had no idea, until somebody else pointed it out to me! Maybe I'm just stupid! :eek:

Willie

gini
06-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Willie, please don't say you are stupid! I think it is perfectly normal that you want to give the benefit of the doubt to all of the new people who visit this forum.

I would bet that 99.9% of the people here are just the best people you would ever want to know.

What fakes don't realize is that eventually they trip themselves up and the rest of us sit here asking "why on earth would you do this?"

bluekat
06-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Wow. I just saw this now. I also would've never thought that Brooke would be that kind of a person.:( I also wonder why people would do something like this. Its sad really.
I also missed what happened with ChiRen before, she was also someone that I trusted.
Omg, I really cannot believe why people lie about something like that on here.
I'm shocked, but I'm really glad that we found out the truth about her.

primabella
06-29-2004, 11:51 AM
I had a feeling about this as well. Her camera always being broken, how she avoided meetings constantly and (written by Kay) "She also said that the pictures were scanned. While some of them really look like digital photos. It's rather easy to see a difference between scanned and digital. " were all things I noticed. I had my doubts but I don't usually feel right pointing fingers at anyone. :(

Anna, I recieved the same PM from her. The pictures (and I didn't even notice the male part) helped me to realize these animals weren't hers. "Moose" looked different.

JUST LEAVE. Spare us, please.

Canis Amicus
06-29-2004, 12:17 PM
OMG I cannot believe of someone faking themselves... for what?
Probably people like this have nothing to think/to do, to have time for this kind of bad taste game.

Rosana
and
Rex

EssTer
06-29-2004, 12:19 PM
:eek: Such a horrible things happining here :( Why should people lie :( and ChiRen - I really believed her, that she got doggy at least :(
I'm feeling really stupid, that I believed those people...

Dogz
06-29-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
First of all, when she was a newbie, she acted like she owned the board, quickly making *best* friends, and cursing anyone her friends happened to hold a grudge against, simply because her *friends* didn't like that person. She hated me when she first joined. I had never done anything to her, and she was too new to know a single thing about me. That was hint #1 for me. A normal person wouldn't act in that manner when they're new to a place.

Second, she had posted pictures of herself and her fiance several times, but NEVER posted pics of her dogs. When people asked for dog pics, she supposedly didn't have a camera.

Third, she promised to attend Florida PT meetings several times, but never went.

Fourth, she said she would meet PT'ers in CA when she would go there, but she always ended up going and coming back without telling anyone.

Fifth, her *Zoey adoption* happened so fast and was so strange that I never believed it. The lack of Zoey pictures made me believe she was lying from the beginning.

All very good points, PCB.

I also doubt that she got married in Greece.

Like someone pointed out, she always had photos of her "finace" and herself, but surprise, surprise! She NEVER had pictures of either "Zoey" or "Moose."

I thought the LJ was Moose's. :( Sad, she has polluted his brain, too. :rolleyes:

popcornbird
06-29-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Dogz

I thought the LJ was Moose's. :( Sad, she has polluted his brain, too. :rolleyes:

What LJ?

K9soul
06-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Please, don't feel stupid if you were taken in by these people before. I was too, simply because I would have never guessed that people would want to do that kind of thing. It doesn't make you stupid at all if you "fell for it." I think Cazi's post had some good points in it on how to see this. Most of us I think are true pet lovers and can't imagine making up these things. It is a shock, and probably those of us who have seen this for the first time will be a bit more wary in the future, but certainly don't let someone like that make you feel you are stupid. You are special, loving, caring people.

dukedogsmom
06-29-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
What LJ?
http://www.livejournal.com/users/moosedawg/

Kfamr
06-29-2004, 12:37 PM
Can someone help me put my halo back on? :p

trayi52
06-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Didn't she say something about not liking cats? I know she said one time she didn't like Monkeys. I thought, Oh no, she don't like Mario!!

Well, anyway, I was really took in big time, because I didn't suspect a thing! Not until somebody told me. Darn, and I wasn't even wearing my BS boots!

Willie

shais_mom
06-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Ha Ha. I never got that PM like Anna and Jessica. She didn't like me from when I called her on her attention getting in Cayter's thread.
I got a PM from her about that. I just laughed it off.
Wow, she's kinda vicious in her LJ.

countrycowgirl
06-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Can someone help me put my halo back on? :p

lmao kay:p lol... lmao;)

Denyce
06-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Well I was fooled. Hmmmph. It takes all kinds.

Uabassoon
06-29-2004, 03:07 PM
I personally don't feel like I've been fooled since I really never cared or paid that much attention. But I do however think that "Brooke" is pretty pathetic. Does she seriously have nothing better to do with her time than fake owning dogs? I feel sad for people like that because they obviously have nothing better to do with their lives.

slleipnir
06-29-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm just seeing this now. I can't say I'm hurt in anyway cause I don't think I ever talked to her. Oddly though, she sent me a PM with her pictures saying I never doubted her or something. It's kinda hard to judge someone you've never even talked to (or paid attention to)

I still won't come out and say I believe she is a fake for the fact that I don't know her, never have spoken to her and have no proof. That and I don't really care ;)

BCBlondie
06-29-2004, 03:48 PM
Meh.. Didn't really want to say anything but I guess I'll add my 2 cents..

Like a lot of people, I was also always suspicious of 'Brooke'. She NEVER posted any other picture of her dog 'Moose'. It was ALWAYS the SAME picture for like the loooongest time! I was getting sooo sick of it. That was the bell that rang in my head and I realized something wasn't right. She also rarely ever talked about her dogs. I also agree with a lot that has been said here...

One thing though... where did she get those pics if they're not her dogs? I, as well as some other people, have tried to search for them but I had no luck!

Edit: She also sent me the same email with those same pics... And I actually fell for it.. :rolleyes: haha

Aspen and Misty
06-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Boy! I leave town for a 2 weels and look what happens!!! :( :(

I just feel bad for the newbies who are to come soon, they won't get a fair shot with us, and its because of people like this.....

I don't even know what to say....................

Ash :(

Cincy'sMom
06-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Well I for one had no idea about Moose, but I knew that I didn't much care for the way she treated people...so I had her on my ignore list. Imagine my surprise when I see she's gone and take her off my list...I've got a pm from her telling me:

Guess I was on the good list.....were you:p

I'm not sure I ever talked to her one way or the other, but I didn't make her "good list" Gee darn!!

It is sad that people like her and a hand few of other bad apples make us leary of almost any newbies.

carole
06-29-2004, 06:29 PM
Willie guess I am gullible too, I am not good at playing detective, I really never noticed anything unusual about Brooke, but then I donot visit the Dog site much, I never had any confrontations with her, infact she made my avatar for me, and I am grateful to her for that,as I still love it regardless.

However I do remember her getting very fiesty in the Cayter thread as well, which I found to be out of character for the Brooke I had known briefly, I guess you can never really tell,shame indeed that people need to stoop to these levels to gain attention or whatever it is they are seeking, I did have empathy for Brooke, but as more is revealed I am feeling less that way to her.

lizzielou742
06-29-2004, 07:49 PM
I bet she's coming back and reading all this too!!

Don't people have anything better to do with their lives?

Kay, I will help you put your halo back on!!! LOL:rolleyes:

RubyMutt
06-29-2004, 07:57 PM
Gosh darn it, I wasn't on her good list! :p

I think I have lost my will to live...

That LJ entry of her's was amusing... she's still telling her lies :rolleyes: Really now, grow up and get a life.

gini
06-29-2004, 08:26 PM
I sure don't want to sound holier than thou...........but all of you have witnessed how we gathered together and prayed for Anna's Angus with all of our hearts. We pray together for all of our pets when they are ill.

Here we have a human that has some problems..........is it possible that we could just pray for her. We could pray that her life gets straightened out and she doesn't need to hide behind lies about people and pets in her life.

It is just a thought.....................

Karen
06-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Thank you, Gini - that's the true spirit of Pet Talk shining through.

Fox-Gal
06-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742

Don't people have anything better to do with their lives?

Thats the problem, she might not have anything better in her life! People who do these things usually don't.

Somewhere in her life something is missing, maybe friends, family love, respect, or something, so she comes to the internet to find whats missing. How many thousand and thousand of people do that daily. How many of us came to the net, because something was missing in their life? Little or small, there'a a reason we are here. It one of the things the internet is known for. The only problem is some people don't know how to handle it. Instead of being themselfs they choise to be what they think will get them liked and acepted. Sad really, to think that little of your self that you feel you need to lie just to be liked. Gini's right, she needs prayers that she finds what's missing in her life, to belive in herself and others.

We can be mad, hurt and even disappointed and still feel sorry for her in some ways too. She lost out, in the end more then we did.

BitsyNaceyDog
06-30-2004, 08:02 AM
I never talked to brooke and never suspected anything fake about her. However I did think it was odd that she lived in Key West. Key West has a rather small population, it's mostly just tourists. I don't know where she claimed to work, but there are not too many places to work in the Keys. I've never actually been there, but I know enough about it. I don't know too many people who have been there and said they liked it. She's probably never even been there. Who knows, I could be wrong, maybe she does live there.

I'm sorry for all of you who lost what you thought was a good friend.
Gini is right, she needs to remain in our prayers.

Kfamr
06-30-2004, 08:06 AM
I pray that she doesn't do what she did to me to someone else that may not take it as well as I did. I was told she edited a photo of me getting eaten by sharks, and planned on doing many more photos like that.

Next time she may run into someone looking to sue and for some money.

I'm still rather sad that I didn't get to view the website. -pouts-

dukedogsmom
06-30-2004, 08:12 AM
I hope that she never finds another nice place to fool people as she did here.

joanofark
06-30-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
If anyone wants to view them, I've saved them.

Could you show them?

dukedogsmom
06-30-2004, 09:17 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52355

wolfie
06-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Wow. I never even suspected it. Just... wow. I don't know what to say. :( And ChiRen too??? :( I feel bad for them.