PDA

View Full Version : My cousin lost her cat, and needs support...

popcornbird
06-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Hi everyone.

I just recieved an email from my older cousin in England. Her 15 year old cat passed away yesterday, due to heart failure. She was a pure black cat, and as sweet as sugar. Her name was Juicy. My cousin, who is 31, had her since she was 16, and is obviously, devastated. I myself, am quite upset. I never really liked to go to England, because we go SO much...a little too much. Juicy was my only motivation whenever we went. I loved her so much, and I know that visiting my family in England will never be the same again, knowing my beloved kitty cousin is gone.

I thought I would post this and email my cousin the thread. Though I don't like to share PT with family, I feel this will mean a lot to her. Below is the email she sent me. She's heartbroken and needs support, and I know there's no better place than PT, to get support for the loss of a pet. Please respond and I'll email her the thread. I just want to do something to make her feel better. :(

RIP Little Juicy. We will miss you. :(

I just wanted to inform you about the death of my beloved cat, Juicy. I know you loved her tremendously, and felt obliged to let you know. She died of heart failure, yesterday. She was over 15 years old. I remember the day I brought her home, as a tiny baby kitten. I was only 16 years old then, and got her after the death of my childhood cat. She brought me such comfort when I was grieving over the loss of my first cat. She slept with me every night, for 15 years. I don't know how I'm going to cope with this loss. I just wanted to talk to someone I knew would understand. No one understands my feelings at this point. No one. Its at times like this when I wish I had more friends that share my love of animals. People don't seem to understand she wasn't 'just' a cat. She was my baby, my sister, and my best friend. She was with me from the age of 16 to 31. I don't know how I will live without her.

I don't know if you will completely understand how I feel right now, but I know if there's ANYONE in the family who will understand even a fraction of how I'm feeling, its you. I know you share my love of animals. I know you have pets of your own. I know you loved my Juicy, and that you will share my sadness of her loss. My heart aches to no end. I'm hurt. I can't do anything but cry. I didn't go to work today, and I don't think I can go for sometime. I don't want to cry in front of my coworkers. They will never understand. My own sister doesn't understand. I called her and left her a message about my cat, and she never responded. You're the only one in the family that I know will care. I just need support right now. I need comfort, and that's something I'm not getting from everyone who tells me, 'She was just a cat.'

Please respond if you understand how I feel. I am aching so bad and want to talk to someone, but no one understands. I hope you will understand my pain. The pain is just overwhelming. I miss my baby girl so much.

:(

lizzielou742
06-28-2004, 04:43 PM
RIP Juicy. You were loved and you will be missed. :(

DJFyrewolf36
06-28-2004, 04:46 PM
It sounds like Juicy was loved very much. It is never easy to have a pet go to the RB especially when people just don't get it. My dads dog, Blue went to the RB last week due to age. It wasn't easy, it still isnt.

I'm sending hugs and prayers across the miles to your cousin PCB, I wish I could do more.

Rest in Peace, Juicy kitty, you will be dearly missed.

Edwina's Secretary
06-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Godspeed Juicy!

You were so loved and gave so much love in return.

As I was reading this my Edwina jumped in my lap. (I think she wants to offer her condolences as well.) I know how my heart will ache when the day comes for her to leave me.

But today my heart aches for you....

CatMama78
06-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Oh gosh, I have tears in my eyes. Tell your cousin that there are people who understand how much she loved Juicy. Juicy was a family member, a child to your cousin. I know I cannot take away her pain at this time, but maybe letting her know that we all understand and will say prayers that her pain may be eased with time. I truly believe our pets wait for us in the afterlife. Juicy lived a long, happy life with your cousin. Now she looks down and protects your cousin and one day, they will unite again.

anna_66
06-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Oh it sounds as if your cousin loved her Juicy very much. Please let her know that we all understand and will be keeping her in our thoughts and prayers as she goes through this hard time in her life.

R.I.P. Juicy

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2004, 05:10 PM
Oh Pops, I'm so sorry about your kitty cousin Juicy. :(

I can tell by your cousin's email that Juicy was very much loved and will be missed terribly.

RIP sweet Juicy. :(

Karen
06-28-2004, 05:16 PM
Sweet Juicy-cat
Beloved English feline-lass
Your presence always there
Your own sweet self
A lure across the pond

Play nicely at the Rainbow Bridge, dear
And let you momma know
You'll be with her always
In every comforting darkness
And curled up in a corner of her heart.

Anyone who says "just a cat"
Has never known a love like yours
And for this,
We pity them.

Laura's Babies
06-28-2004, 05:59 PM
I know the pain she is feeling and the ach and emptiness she feels in her heart over loosing her "baby". It will be a long time before that pain goes away but it may help her to know, WE understand and know what she is going through. Sheer words can not ease her pain but the support of those who know what she feels can. Please refer her to Pet Talk and let us hug and support her in this horriable time. Post a picture of her babyand I will make her a Memorial better than the one I have to offer here. and offer her these words from me from the last time I lost one of my babies that I had posted in the memorial section once..

When I asked WHY?
The last time I lost one of my babies it was almost more than I could bare. I kept asking WHY! WHY! Why are they here such a short time?

and HE answered... I send them there to love and cherish, knowing that you will only have them briefly, like a moment in time. Love and cherish them while you have them because I will bring them Home before you want Me too. But I do it because there are so many more of them out there that you need to know, learn from and have in your life. If I let them live 30 or 40 years, you would not have room for all that I have created for you to love..

That was MY comfort and by golly, He is right! So, love them all you can so that when they are gone, you will have peace of heart in knowing, that Baby died, knowing it was loved. For each one we love, we learn a new lesson from them. Lessons we need to learn while we are here.

My small offering to her for some comfort, I hope.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/pfa486d05bbfc1045baee94430c973566/f813abc9.jpg

AmberLee
06-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Dear Juicy,

You are sincerely missed and mourned. What a wonderful cat you've been to affect the world so. Rejoice at the Rainbow Bridge, sweet furbaby, and know that you will never be forgotten.

If you are feeling lonely there, see my Sassafrass Root (Sassy). If he is running true to form, he's spotted the best napping spots and places to ponce from mischieviously ... always handy things to know.

kimlovescats
06-28-2004, 07:23 PM
Cousin: Please know that everyone here at PT knows and completely understands the horrible grief that you are feeling now. Don't ever let anyone make you feel silly about mourning over your beloved Juicy. I hate so much that you are having to go through this sorrowful time alone, but please know that all of our hearts here are mourning with you!!!:( I hope that in time, the sweets memories will replace the sadness ... and you realize how wonderful of a life you gave her for 15 blessed years! When you are feeling like it, please consider coming back to PT and sharing stories and pictures in honor of your Juicy's memory!

((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Kim;)

edit: Laura what a beautiful tribute, and your words are so encouraging and thoughtful and true!

sirrahbed
06-28-2004, 07:32 PM
For Juicy's Meowmie -
I am so, so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet kitty. 15 years is a very long time to live with and love a cat and I have a good idea of the pain you are feeling. I also know that it will hurt for a long time because Juicy was your family!! My daughter is now 19. She got her kitty Ernie when she was 2. Ernie died last March when he was 16 years old. My daughter Missy grew up with him and he died just a few days before her wedding. I know it was devastating for her! So, I imagine you must feel the same way because it probably feels like Juicy has grown up with you. My Bert kitty died at age 17 and has been gone for six years, but sometimes I still cry when I think about him and miss him.
Again, I am so very sorry and know that you are very, very sad and wish I could say something to help, but I know that I cannot - only that I understand how badly you need to grieve. We all understand that need here at Pet Talk I promise you! I hope our messages will bring some comfort to you.
Blessings from Debbie (Sirrahbed)

Uabassoon
06-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Here at Pet Talk we all know that Juicy was much much more than "just a cat" Juicy was a well loved member of your family. Juicy sounds like she was such a wonderful kitty who gave you so much love and happiness. I know how hard it is to loose someone that is that close to you. Have fun playing at the rainbow bridge Juicy.

slick
06-28-2004, 07:39 PM
PCB, please tell your cousin that this is the best place to post such notices because we understand the pain of losing a furbaby. We will not be judgemental or critical. We will not laugh or belittle you. We will cry along with you and try to share your pain so that you don't have to carry the full burden. Take comfort in knowing the Juicy will always watch over you and in middle of the night will plant sweet kitty kisses on your cheek and purr softly in your ear.

RIP sweet Juicy! Please look for my RB Casper and OJ. They would love to be your friends.

Hugs to you and your cousin.

rg_girlca
06-28-2004, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slick
[B]PCB, please tell your cousin that this is the best place to post such notices because we understand the pain of losing a furbaby. We will not be judgemental or critical. We will not laugh or belittle you. We will cry along with you and try to share your pain so that you don't have to carry the full burden. Take comfort in knowing the Juicy will always watch over you and in middle of the night will plant sweet kitty kisses on your cheek and purr softly in your ear. [QUOTE]

Very well said Slick....

We totally understand how you feel on losing your beloved Juicy.
May the loving memories comfort you and help you overcome the pain.

Rest in Peace sweet Juicy and have fun frolicking on RB.

shais_mom
06-28-2004, 11:01 PM
Prayers and good thoughts for your cousin.
RIP Juicy

jazzcat
06-28-2004, 11:20 PM
I am sorry to hear about Juicy. It's so difficult to deal with the loss of a loved one, human or animal.

Rest in Peace sweet, beloved Juicy.

Hugs for your cousin and you PCB.

catcrazylady
06-29-2004, 07:33 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your pain is very understood here and we mourn with you. Your email clearly showed how much your precious Juicy meant to you and it also endeared her to my heart. How wonderful to have had so much love from Juicy for so many years but you must always remember that she had a wonderful life because of the love you returned. I think Juicy was a very lucky girl and she had many years of happiness because of you.
My heart breaks for you and I know the words don't really help but please know that there are people all over the world that truly understand your loss. In time the pain will ease but Juicy will never be forgotten.
May God Bless you and ease your broken heart.

catlover4ever
06-29-2004, 08:28 AM
PCB please share this with your cousin.

I am very, very sorry for your loss and I do understand exactly how you feel. Your love for Juicy is evident in your email to your cousin. Our "Furkids" are our children...at least in my eyes. There are not many people who can understand just how you feel about Juicy but here is the perfect place...because we all understand exactly how you feel, we understand how your heart is hurting so badly, we also understand that time heals all hurt.

15 years is a long time to have such a wonderful relation with Juicy. I bet she heard all your thoughts, kissed away any tears you may have shed, was there to greet you every morning and every night.....it is so very hard to loose something that precious.

I would like to share a short story with you.

When I got married 11 years ago I asked my hubsand if I could adopt 2 kittens and he said "sure". I adopted 2 tiger kittens. They were the cutest things. So tiny, little balls of fur that were scared to death to leave their original home. We decided to name the female Tigger and the male Tony.

As they grew, Tony became my "soul kitty". He was definately a mommies boy. He slept on my side every night. If I got up, he got up. He followed me like a shadow.

In late 1999 around Christmas he started to get sick. What I thought was furballs ended up being a heart problem. I lost my baby in 2000...the day after Valentine's day. I will never forgive myself for not acting fast enough with vet care.

Now this may sound really silly, but for several weeks after he passed I always felt like he was still with me. Finally as my heart ached less and less this "feeling" subsided. I still miss my Tony but I know that one day I will be reunited with him over the Rainbow Bridge where he is waiting and looking down on me...and smiling for the friendship, love, and care that I gave to him and he gave to me.

You will be in my prayers that God may lessen your heavy heart each day. --- Meg

catmandu
06-29-2004, 09:02 AM
At The Found cat Hotel,we have had losses,and every onehurts,as you have to adjust,to the fact,that you will never,ever see your Little Friend again!RIP Juicy,and look out For The Found Cats Angels, as theywill be your Guides,in Cat Heaven.

popcornbird
06-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Thank you everyone for responding. Some of your posts brought me to tears. :(

I will email this thread to my cousin and post her response once I get one. I'm hoping this will mean a lot to her, as she was upset about no one understanding her feelings, and now hopefully, she will realize there ARE people who understand.

micki76
06-29-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Juicy passing to the Bridge. I understand not wanting to cry in front of your co workers. When my West Highland Terrier passed away I missed 4 days of work and had to lie about why I needed those days off. No one understood my pain except my husband and my father, especially not my boss or co workers. :mad:

Rest in Peace Juicy. :(

popcornbird
06-30-2004, 02:57 PM
I just recieved a response from my cousin. Here's what she said:

Thank you so much for posting that for me, and sending me link. I can't tell you how much that means to me. I was shocked to see how many people understand my feelings, and how many people responded. It truely brought tears to my eyes.

Please tell your friends on that pet forum that I truely appreciate their words, and that their posts and poems touched my heart, deep down. Juicy was the love of my life. I don't know what I will do without her. The past few days have been hard, but I know that with time, the pain will lessen. She was a gorgeous black kitty with the most precious green eyes. As she grew older, her colour got a beautiful brownish tint. She was so sweet. My bed has felt so empty without her since she's left me. She was sick for some time, and I knew this was coming, but the pain of her passing is just overwhelming. Its not something that's easy to bear. It touched me so, to know there are people out there that care. I cannot promise, but I may join you all on Pet Talk someday in the future. I don't think I will ever forget the comfort everyone there has offered me. Please let them all know how much their words meant to me, and that I greatly appreciate them taking the time to try to heal my pain.

Cataholic
06-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Popcorn,
I am so sorry to hear about Juicy. Your poor cousin. The pain is so intense, and so difficult to bear. I know. May she be comforted by the RB promise, and that she now has an angel looking down on her. RIP Juicy.
Hugs to your cousin in England.

lynnestankard
06-30-2004, 03:13 PM
Sorry to be late seeing this PCB.

**RIP** dear Juicy.

And to Juicy's Meowmie - know that we all know exactly what your feeling and going through - most of us have been there and will be the first to say - you never forget your dear furgirl. Hopefully the ache lessens and the sweet, funny memories come rushing to the fore.
As I type this my sweet daft boy Ketchum is lying by me side - taking up the whole settee - apart from my tiny bit! He's awake as I type and has put his paw on my laptop - I'm sure he's saying 'There are many much loved furboys and girls at the Bridge and they'll all be looking after sweet Juicy' xxxxx

{{{Hugs}}}

Lynne