PDA

View Full Version : Kitty claws in my scalp! :-o

lizzielou742
06-28-2004, 03:59 PM
Have you ever been woken up at 3:00 AM, just as you were finally drifting off to peaceful sleep, by a kitten jumping onto your head at full force with all claws extended?

Let me tell you what, it ain't fun folks!

My boyfriend and I slept on an air mattress last night because we had just finished painting our bedroom and it reeked of paint. I guess Sophie and Tito were wrestling around last night and Tito scared Sophie and she unintentionally landed on my head! I thought I was having a heart attack! I guess I'm lucky she didn't puncture the air bed with her little claws. Good thing I trimmed them Saturday too! :rolleyes:

Here are a couple new pics of her I took this weekend:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/pf6b4590a27902823a37d18b6c9fce45c/f813fd01.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/pf8aa9fee8950da263c09ef6f7e7bd2dd/f813fcf9.jpg

That's Sophie, my little bunny butt!! :D :D :D :D

RICHARD
06-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
Have you ever been woken up at 3:00 AM, just as you were finally drifting off to peaceful sleep, by a kitten jumping onto your head at full force with all claws extended?

That's called a "Cat-a-Comb"

:confused:

CatMama78
06-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Egad!! Ouch! Wilber pounces on my legs at all hours of the night. I am covered in my down comforter and I don't know if it's the lumps or the crinkles noises or what, but Wilber will rock his front two paws from side to side and dive into the blanket right where my legs are. I've started sleeping with the water bottle! He never even touches Mike.

DJFyrewolf36
06-28-2004, 04:15 PM
I woke up to that yesterday but this was Remus' way to tell me he was hungry :rolleyes:

Your Sophie has the big ear thing like Remus *so cute* Sophie is a doll!!! Don't go scaring your meowme like that though, Sophie!!! How old is She?

Laura's Babies
06-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Look at that sweet, adorable little face!! How can you be upset with her just trying to "fix" your hair... (Whine)"You messed it all up when you were sleeping Mommie!"(End of whine)

lizzielou742
06-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Richard - Cat-A-Comb should be added to the Furminology Dictionary!! LOL!!

DJ - Sophie will be about 3 months old July 1. We got her May 8th and the vet estimated then she was 4-5 weeks old, so we set her b-day as April 1. She's a cutie!! If you look at her pic in my siggy, and compare it to her now, not only have her eyes changed color, but her ears have gotten huge! She's also more than doubled her size since we got her!! She's three whole pounds now! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2004, 05:04 PM
Sorry but I just had to laugh when I read the part about you just about having a heart attack. :D :D I can only imagine being woken like that.....sorry, but I'm still chuckling at the site of it. :D :D

RedHedd
06-28-2004, 05:06 PM
Yup, little Sophie sure looks like a killer kitty! :D

kimlovescats
06-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Awww, look at that precious little apologetic face in the second picture!!!! Who could be upset with that???? :D

Uabassoon
06-28-2004, 07:41 PM
Awwww I just want to grab her and give her tons of kisses!

slick
06-28-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
Awwww I just want to grab her and give her tons of kisses!
You're next in line after me :D :D

I can't believe such an innocent-looking sweetheart would do such thing!!

QueenScoopalot
06-28-2004, 08:25 PM
I'm in line for the kitty kissing party! Not a very nice way to be woken up, but think of how much worse it would have been if you hadn't trimmed those daggers! :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: I have a cerebellar hypoplasia kitty (everyone do their home work now, and look it up)! Eli needs to have his claws kept sharp as he uses them for balance and to climb onto things. I have to be on guard when he's in the bedroom at night as I like to kick my legs out from under the covers. Not very enjoyable when Eli wants up on the bed and my leg is in his way. I have had to un-hook him from my skin! :eek: He's so gorgeous though that he can be forgiven too. *sigh*

rg_girlca
06-28-2004, 10:16 PM
Oh yes, many times I have been awakened from my sleep from sharp little kitty claws and like you said, "It aint fun".

But look at that sweet little angelic face and you can't help but forgive her.

Patiently stands in line behind Uabassoon, slick and QSA, to give precious little Sophie kisses.:)

jazzcat
06-28-2004, 11:33 PM
Ouch! I've never had claws in my scalp or a "cat a comb" but I have had 20 pound heffer Ripley jump on me in the middle of the night with claws extended right into my stomach. You could see right where both paws - 8 claws - landed from the puncture wounds in my skin.

Sophie sure is a cutie. I could never stay upset with that adorable face looking at me.

catcrazylady
06-29-2004, 08:26 AM
ROFLOL!!! :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif Sorry but the visual cracked me up!! I was already laughing and then Richard with his Cat-a-Comb put me on the floor. What a great way to start the morning. Sorry LizzieLou that it was at your painful expense!

I can not believe how much that little bunny butt Sophie has grown! WOW!!

We need some more pictures of her and Tito together.

lizzielou742
06-29-2004, 08:41 AM
I have tons of pics & video of the two of them but I feel like I'm overloading you all with pics of them - but then again I guess they're only kittens for so long, right?

So, more pictures, OK.... ;)

By the way, she did leave a scratch on the nape of my neck - nothing too serious, just a little reminder. I guess that's what I get for sleeping on a mattress just a few inches off the floor! :D

catmandu
06-29-2004, 08:47 AM
JJJ3 once landed on my chest,like the proverbial Ton Of Lead, andi yelled,and scared all the Cats , even the innocent. It took two days ,before they slept,on the bed again.