PDA

View Full Version : Eqrthquake impact?

AmberLee
06-28-2004, 03:45 PM
I just read about the 4.5 Earthquake that rattled IL, WI area early this morning. Were any PTers impacted? Are all the pets okay?

Edwina and Eddie? Tubby and Peanut? I'd like to hear that all is well with you and your hoomans. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
06-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Really??? I must have been asleep? Did it say where? I'm not far from Wisconsin and felt nothing...... must go and look.... in any case....all is well here in the Flatlands....

popcornbird
06-28-2004, 05:22 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Midwest/06/28/chicago.quake.ap/index.html

:p

You didn't feel it, Sara?

Edwina's Secretary
06-28-2004, 05:38 PM
Just called my parents who live even closer to the epicenter and they didn't know about it until they heard it on the news.

Guess we sleep well in this part of the country....:D :D

AmberLee
06-28-2004, 07:06 PM
I think it was a 4.5 which usually wouldn't waken someone... and was it 1:30 or so in the morning?

I wonder if Edwina or Eduardo have stories to tell you and Curley about what went on this morning? ;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2004, 09:06 PM
I'm so disappointed that I missed it too. :(

When we were in California in May, I said that I wanted just a mini earthquake so I could say I had experienced one. Nothing happened then and I was disappointed. Then this morning I turn on the news and I hear that WE, yes we here in the Midwest where all we ever get are tornados, yes we got an earthquake! I couldn't believe it and was sooo disappointed that I was sleeping. And I slept like an absolute rock last night so I probably would have missed it even if it had been a 7.0! :eek: :rolleyes:

Why can't these things happen during the day while we're awake? ;)

teenster3
06-29-2004, 03:21 AM
I live in Edgerton, WI & didn't feel a thing but, my friend's sister that lives in Stoughton (just 15 minutes from here) felt it!
I heard some people in Madison & Milwaukee felt it as well.

popcornbird
06-29-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
I'm so disappointed that I missed it too. :(

When we were in California in May, I said that I wanted just a mini earthquake so I could say I had experienced one. Nothing happened then and I was disappointed. Then this morning I turn on the news and I hear that WE, yes we here in the Midwest where all we ever get are tornados, yes we got an earthquake! I couldn't believe it and was sooo disappointed that I was sleeping. And I slept like an absolute rock last night so I probably would have missed it even if it had been a 7.0! :eek: :rolleyes:

Why can't these things happen during the day while we're awake? ;)

Why in the WORLD do you want to experience an earthquake??? They're scary!

lynnestankard
06-29-2004, 04:10 AM
As long as Sara and Debbie didn't feel it - I'll stop worrying about Diane - she lived in Mundelein. I'll drop her an email to check though!! Mums eh? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lynne

Randi
06-29-2004, 04:29 AM
An earthquake in Illinois!! :eek: It must be the strangest feeling to experince one!

I'm glad to hear that you're all OK there! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-29-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Why in the WORLD do you want to experience an earthquake??? They're scary!
Just a tiny one. There's no way I'd want to experience one of the big ones like California has. Just a teeny tiny itty bitty earthquake, that's all I ask. ;)

An earthquake in Illinois!!
Exactly what I thought, Randi! I know they say we can have them, but the chances are so slim that I thought it would never happen in my lifetime. Now it did and I missed it! :( ;) :D

gini
06-29-2004, 10:02 AM
There has been a prediction by a scientist at UCLA that we will have a large earthquake before September 6th (I think that is the date).

Be very happy that none of you felt it in the Midwest.

In my lifetime, I have experienced two large earthquakes in California - they really are not all that much fun - especially when you are sound asleep and you wake up gripping your mattress.

I was alright, but it really traumatized my kitties. My R/B kitty Patches, shook all day and just wanted to be carried.

lynnestankard
06-29-2004, 11:49 AM
We had quite a number of little 'quakes over here two years ago.
I woke up one night - and just as Gini said - I was gripping the mattress - weird feeling too. Anything more would have been very scary.

Lynne