PDA

View Full Version : Deck The Cat, Because Of Your Folly??

RICHARD
06-28-2004, 12:14 PM
FA LA LA LAAAAAA LA LA LA LA?????

Cat 'trapped under decking for eight weeks'

A cat has amazed vets by surviving for eight weeks after its owner's neighbours built garden decking on top of it.

Neighbours John and Anne McMillan only found out what they had done to Bubbles when they heard faint mewing coming from under their decking.

Bubbles' owner, seven-year-old Emma Dearie, had been looking for her cat for two months and had even walked to a farm four miles away to ask after it.

Emma's mum Sara said vets think Bubbles, who had to be prised out from under the decking by a joiner, survived by drinking rainwater and eating insects.

The cat had to be washed four times and is now being fed six time a day to fatten her up, says the Daily Record.

Sara, of Lesmahagow, Lanarkshire, said: "It does seem a bit daft that no on heard her for all that time.

"But my neighbour is pretty deaf and her husband is always shouting so she can hear him, so that's why they didn't hear Bubbles."

DJFyrewolf36
06-28-2004, 12:32 PM
Awww poor kitty!!! Maybe the guy should invest in miricle ear...

CatMama78
06-28-2004, 12:44 PM
We all know cats are very skilled at hiding, but Pete's sake!! They didn't hear him for 8 weeks? :eek: :confused:

catnapper
06-28-2004, 01:19 PM
Hoe did they even manage to close the cat in in the first place? When we built a deck on my parent's yard, it was pretty obvious what was under it as we laid new boards down.

catcrazylady
06-28-2004, 01:55 PM
GOOD GRIEF!!! Poor kitty and that poor child looking so hard for her lost pet! I'm glad this story had such a good outcome. I can't imagine not knowing you had trapped a cat under your deck for eight weeks! Jiminey Christmas!!

kimlovescats
06-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Sounds pretty odd to me .... at least someone finally noticed kitty!!!:rolleyes:

trayi52
06-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Poor Kitty, I am so glad they found it! I don't understand why they didn't hear it before!

Willie

catmandu
06-29-2004, 09:27 AM
The Found Cats are gladthat Bubbles is home, where he belongs! Moose once went, into a house atht was being fixed up, and was stuck there , for six weeks, while we worried about him!