PDA

View Full Version : How often do you visit PT?

catnapper
06-28-2004, 11:53 AM
I am having a serious PT addiction and was wondering how many others are there with me.

bluekat
06-28-2004, 12:04 PM
I'm usually on here 2-3 times a day:p

LOL and I'm usually on for HOURS!:p

ramanth
06-28-2004, 12:10 PM
PT is the first board I check in the morning and the last that I check before I turn the work comptuer off. :D

Randi
06-28-2004, 12:16 PM
I'm, with you! LOL! I'm on all day - OK, I do other things in between, but PT is the first I check when I open - and the last! So yes, I'm addicted! :D

dukedogsmom
06-28-2004, 12:21 PM
Depends. I put 2-3 times a day. However, if it's a day off like today, I'm on it a lot more. What did I do before I came here??

catlover4ever
06-28-2004, 12:22 PM
Well I must admit I am an addict!!! Monday - Friday I'm checking in all the time, but on the weekend I don't end up on here because I get so tired of the dial up connection taking sooooo long to load the pages and pictures.

My hubby thinks I'm absolutely nuts but this is really something I enjoy very, very much.

popcornbird
06-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Usually 2-3 times a day. I would like to check it every hour, and do sometimes, when I have nothing else to do, but with everything else in life, its not possible to be on PT *all* the time. I *have* to check it out first thing in the morning, at least once in the afternoon, and right before bed, everyday though. :p I was going through serious withdrawals while we were moving this weekend. It was hard. :p Now its hard surfing PT on dial up. Hopefully we'll have DSL again tomorrow. :D

Dogz
06-28-2004, 12:27 PM
I probably come and check PT every few hours. It depends on the day. Sometimes 2-3 times a day I come, sometimes I just keep coming back. I am a PT junkie.

I wonder the same thing Val, what DID I do with my time?

DJFyrewolf36
06-28-2004, 12:38 PM
I'm on here sometimes all dern day if I don't have any work to do! If work actualy does crop up, Im lucky to get on at all! Good thing I have DSL at home...:D

This is Soooo much better than yahoo chat lol

CatMama78
06-28-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm on here a lot! I have it open almost all day M-F while I'm at work. I check it in the down times. So sometimes even though I'm on, I'm not really loooking at it. The weekends, it depends on if my mate is working or not. If he's home, I check maybe once or twice. If he's working I check 3-4 times.

slick
06-28-2004, 01:02 PM
I'm a Pet Talk Junkie :o :o

trayi52
06-28-2004, 01:02 PM
I'm on when I'm not even on! Confused yet? When I get up of a morning, I pull it up. When I am working in the house I am still right here. Okay, how about now? Are you getting confused?

LOL, my computer stays on the internet all day, if I am working in the house the Pet Talk page stays open. If I have a minute, I run in here to see what's new!

Yes, I am an Addict! I have no idea what I even done with the internet, before PT. I have been trying to remember for days, what the **** I did before Pet Talk, but I just can't remember!!

I've got it bad! There is no hope for me!

Willie:D

slick
06-28-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I've got it bad! There is no hope for me!
I'm here for you Willie........we definitely need to start a Pet Talk Anonymous group.......I'm the same as you. On all the time.

catnapper
06-28-2004, 01:08 PM
Hi, my name is Kim. Most know me as catnapper. I am addicted to PT.

Looks around expectantly to the PT Anonymous group. Seems like there's a nice sized group.

Whew.. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one! I must get hubby over here to post so he stops thinking its just a "cat site" and so he can stop meowing at me when I'm online. :rolleyes: maybe he'd become addicted too!

gini
06-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Twelve step Pet Talker's Anonymous

1. Turn on computer - go directly to Pet Talk and check out all new threads. Respond to as many as possible. Stop in Thursdays and order a drink/food and say hi to everyone.

2. Try to get away from computer

3. Try to get away from computer

4. Try to get away from computer

5. "

6. "

7. "

8. "

9. "

10. "

11. "

12. "

lynnestankard
06-28-2004, 03:12 PM
2 - 3 times a day. I've been known to feel so guilty that I come off for - - - -ohhh about half an hour, then go back on!! Sad I know!!

My name is Lynne - and I'm addicted to Pet Talk

:D :D :D

Lynne

Randi
06-28-2004, 03:30 PM
LOL! Here we have the reason that so many stay "invisible". LOL! :D

sirrahbed
06-28-2004, 07:00 PM
Hi...my name is Debbie. You know me as Sirrahbed. I am an addict.

:D Yup - I guess my addiction is pretty much like Willie's. I am on even when I am not on. The puter is on and at PT all day long. I stop by every hour or so to check General and Cat General. Sometimes just a few minutes and sometimes for hours. There have been days when I am here all day. There, I told my story. I admit my addiction. But the only problem is.............
I do NOT want your help in getting over my addiction! :D

Pam
06-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Usually 3 times a day. I check e-mail and read PT first thing in the morning and then off to work I go. We just got internet connection at work but the boss said we are NOT permitted to use it for non-work purposes. I guess I am grateful or I would probably be fired. :D I check e-mail and PT after work and then again right before bed. So it's a three times a day thing, just like eating and almost as necessary! :D

Kfamr
06-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Atleast i'm not addicted to drugs or something like most kids my age. :p

carole
06-28-2004, 08:34 PM
I usually always check in at least once a day, but I have been known to miss a day or so, sometimes I will come online two or three times a day or in the evening if nothing is appealing on the TV, I am probably best described as an addict in training, I can manage to leave PT for a little while though, so I am not a hopeless addict yet.:)

Karen
06-28-2004, 08:34 PM
I check in all the time, but I'm the moderator/mayor/mother hen - I HAVE to!

Good excuse, huh? ;)

jazzcat
06-28-2004, 08:55 PM
If it's a day that I go to my Dad's to help him, I'm usually on a couple of times during the evening but if I'm at home all day I usually check in many times. If it's rainy out I may sit here for hours.:D

MariaM
06-28-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm on here quite a bit.. I won't go into detail, I have to check the other threads! I went watersliding today so I was gone the whole day and I just got here!!

teenster3
06-29-2004, 03:05 AM
At first I was afraid no one wanted to talk to me. Now that I have posted a few times & gotten to know some names, I feel more comfortable & I hope other people feel the same way talking to me!
I'd say I look on here AT LEAST 2-4 times a day. I used to HATE being on the computer....thanks a lot guys!!!!!!:D

catnapper
06-29-2004, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by teenster3
At first I was afraid no one wanted to talk to me. Now that I have posted a few times & gotten to know some names, I feel more comfortable & I hope other people feel the same way talking to me!
I'd say I look on here AT LEAST 2-4 times a day. I used to HATE being on the computer....thanks a lot guys!!!!!!:D

Awwww... I'm glad you feel welcome and comfortable around us now! :) I knew it was just a matter of time and people getting know you and your personality! We PT addicts must stick together!

Debbie, I don't know if any of us want to overcome our PT addiction... if anything , I just want a support group so that when the world doesn't understand and they start thinking we're a bit odd to spend so much time oggling over pets, we can come here and get support from those who know! :D

anna_66
06-29-2004, 07:41 AM
Me...who always wondered about people who had "online" friends now knows the meaning!

Sometimes I'm on for hours and sometimes just a few minutes. So I'd say I'm on here as much a I can be:D But I guess you can tell that by how many posts I have:o Maybe I'm on too much! Is there such a thing as too much:p

My name is Anna...and I'm a PT addict:D

sirrahbed
06-29-2004, 08:47 AM
It is SO bad that I now talk about all of you and your pets like you live next door:D It's like "my friend in Tennessee...." or "my friend's cats in Kentucky....", "Chicago Debbie....", "my German friends....", "no that's the Kim in PA":D on and on..........

EssTer
06-29-2004, 09:01 AM
I dont know really :) I'm quite often here :) I'm not here every hour, but I'm more than 3-4 times a day LOL :)

BTW I think PT is best forum in all world...I've never been in so great forum :)

joanofark
06-29-2004, 09:57 AM
PT is the first thing I do in the morning and it takes several people have to pry me off when I need to eat dinner!:eek:

J/K I get on when I wake up. And then I eat lunch and then get back on!:o *DEEEEPPP BRREEAAATTTHH*

It's addicting!

mruffruff
06-30-2004, 12:48 PM
The first thing I check when I get to work is PT. Then I leave it on all day and check at every opportunity. Unfortunately, I have to actually WORK occasionally! If I had a computer at home, my house would be falling down around my ears.

My name is Mary...... and I'm a PT addict!