PDA

View Full Version : Super Scratcher

Craftlady
06-28-2004, 09:05 AM
I have read from various sources that Super Scratcher (organic catnip in cardboard box) was perfect for kitties. So off to store we went $8.98 later the kids had the box full of catnip for their enjoyment.

I showed them all how to use it. It's been one week and everyone ignores. Eleanor trys to eat the catnip and she will just lay on the top of the box. Skinny and Thumper ignore it completely.

In the trash this scratch box goes :(

jazzcat
06-28-2004, 09:34 AM
With those cardboard scratchers I've noticed that Jazz and Scout will only lick them if I add the catnip but if I don't add the catnip they will scratch on them frequently.

Ripley will only use a carpted post (and my furniture).
Jazz will only use cardboard.
Scout will use either.

catcrazylady
06-28-2004, 09:34 AM
ROFLOL!!! So typical! You should have kept the box and the kitties would have been happier!!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Craftlady
06-28-2004, 09:38 AM
Unfortunately the box came with catnip already mixed in to the cardboard. It would be a pain and a mess to try to get all that stuff out of the box.

DJFyrewolf36
06-28-2004, 09:41 AM
I just bought the catnip box thingy for Remus yesterday...

He ended up upside down, with the thing attached to his paws in the air! Then he got it right, jumpped on it and the lid bonked him in the head! He stared at it *glared more acurately* for a good five minutes then tried to beat it to death. When that didn't work, he tried to chew it to death...

At last count it was Box: 3 Remus: 0

I think Remus is going for round two later today lol.

*I admittedly cheated to get him to pay attention to the box. I got some shed feathers from mom and stuck em through the honeycomb holes, boy did that make a difference!*

Lacey
06-28-2004, 09:43 AM
How funny! I got one of those for Zelda a while back and she absolutely loves it! Admittedly, she does like to lay on it and go to sleep, but she does use it for its intended purpose too.

I guess each kitty just has their own preferred scratching spots!

DJFyrewolf36
06-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Lacey

I guess each kitty just has their own preferred scratching spots!

Just as long as it isn't the leg!!

Remus get down lol!

Felicia's Mom
06-28-2004, 09:57 AM
Both of my cats use cardboard scratchers. I bought a new one last Saturday.

catmandu
06-28-2004, 10:24 AM
The Found cats have ignored the Krinkle Sack,The Cat Spa, the IamsTent,And They only play with the Coil Cat Toy , if I am on the other end! They have Gone to the Animal Welfare,for Fund raisrs,so its not a Total Loss!