PDA

View Full Version : One year ago today...

Glacier
06-27-2004, 03:32 PM
My sweetie Twicket joined our family on June 27, 2003! I can't believe it's been a year already!
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats/twick_may.jpg
I don't think I was on Pettalk when Twicket arrived, so I'll tell his story again. Twicket was dumped at our local humane society in January 2003, right around his 13th birthday. :eek: He was sweet and loving, but his owners didn't want him anymore. I fell in love the first time I saw him, but I already had seven cats and thought the inn was full. Plus he was so sweet, surely someone would adopt him.

Six months later, Twicket was still waiting and the former board of the shelter decided he was too old and they were going to euthanize him. The shelter director is a friend of mine and she knew I loved Twicket so she called me. That night Twicket quietly disappeared from the shelter. The director put him in her car when she left for the night and drove him straight here!

A year later, the "too old" cat is over 14 and is in perfect health! His last senior check up showed no concerns. He even plays like a kitten once in awhile!
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats/twicks.jpg

I finally have a lap cat. Twicket is happiest when he is being held! He purrs 24/7 and gives the best headbonks ever!

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats/pretty_boy.jpg
Happy Gotcha Day my purrty boy!

rg_girlca
06-27-2004, 03:52 PM
...................A VERY HAPPY GOTCHA-DAY TWICKET...................

I remember your story on how you got Twicket and such a heartwarming one it is also. He is such a beautiful boy and who can resist that precious face of his. So glad you fell in love with him and decided to make his final years and I hope and pray there will be many, many more years, in a good loving home.
Headbumpies and kisses to you sweet Twicket.

It boggles my mind, how ANYONE could just up and get rid of an animal they have had for 13 years.:mad:

catnapper
06-27-2004, 03:56 PM
What an extra special Gotcha Day! You were gotcha-ed through catnapping! :D But it was all worth it because you now have a lovely furever home and tell you meowmie that you love her by being her dream lap cat! What can be better?

Laura's Babies
06-27-2004, 05:45 PM
I agree 100% with rg... The very idea that someone could get rid of a animal they had for that long is terriable!! But HAPPY GOTCHA DAT TWICKET! May you have many, many more.. You are a beautiful baby!!

jazzcat
06-27-2004, 06:50 PM
Oh I love Twicket!!

Happy Gotcha Day you wonderful "old" guy!!!!!!

Uabassoon
06-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Twicket is so cute!

Happy Gotcha day!

NoahsMommy
06-27-2004, 08:11 PM
That's a wonderful story!! :)

Happy Gotcha Day, Twicket!

Steffi N
06-27-2004, 09:31 PM
Happy Happy Gotcha Day Twicket. I hope you are having a happy day playing and cuddling in your mommy's lap. I am so glad you are in good health.

DogLover9501
06-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Happy Gotcha-day gorgeous, gorgeous boy!!

Traice
06-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Twicket is such a hansome boy. He looks so soft and cuddly.
Happy Gotcha-day Twicket!

RobiLee
06-28-2004, 07:08 AM
A great story! Twicket is beautiful!

Happy Gotcha Day, Twicket!

Robin :)

catcrazylady
06-28-2004, 08:03 AM
I always thought Twicket was so handsome but this is the first time I've heard his story. What a blessing you have been for Twicket and it sounds like he has paid you back tenfold with love! That is an amazing story and I'm so glad to see such a wonderful end to such a sad thing. Poor boy being dumped after 13 years!!! Well, we won't go into how horrible those people were, we will just keep this very happy that Twicket now lives with you!!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

!!!! HAPPY HAPPY CATNAPPED GOTCHA DAY !!!!

lynnestankard
06-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Plus 1 Twicket!!!

How anyone could dump this gorgeous 'old' boy is beyond me - how does love suddenly stop? Their loss is your gain :) :) Thank goodness for people like you xxxx

Lynne

catmandu
06-28-2004, 10:53 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TWICKET,AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY MORE,THE FOUND CATS!

dukedogsmom
06-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Twicket, what a beautiful boy you are! Happy Gotcha Day! And hurray for the shelter director and Glacier for realising you didn't need to be put down. Glad you're a happy, healthy kitty.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2004, 11:55 AM
I remember Twicket's story too, and I'm sooo happy he went *Poof* in the night. :D

He sure is a handsome boy. :D

Happy Gotcha Day Twicket!!!